First indoor grow journal.... enjoy!

@dbrn32, I can only speak for myself but my question was answered by your response but it does lead to another one. If you go through more nutrients at a lower vpd is the plant utilizing the additional nutrients? Hence, lower vpd + excessive nutrient load = bigger stronger plant. Or is it just wasting nutes on same results as a higher vpd?

I donā€™t think so. I think at that point you are just struggling to keep plant green and healthy. Which would make more of latter part of what you typed at least kinda true. Not something Iā€™m well versed in though. I usually try to keep vpd in range. Where I have struggled in past is getting rh up through dry months.

i have one. dont waste your money. i just poured 6 gallons thru during flush and it read dry

@dbrn32, thanks for the info. I feel blessed climate wise because I live In Michigan it is relatively high humidity year round so i really just have to use climate control means to keep my temp at that sweet spot. Iā€™m not someone that will be experimenting with my vpd I was just curious and you have satisfied that curiosity. Thanks again.

You can add calmag this young? Like mines are two weeks old @Zee

Too young at 2 weeks. I add 5ml to 1 gallon on water only days as preventive maintenance at week 4.

2 Likes

But you donā€™t give 1 full gallon of water to each plant at week 4 correct?

some people soak them in a mix of peroxide and water. I personally donā€™t do that and use the moist paper towel clam shelled between two small plates. So far all mine have done well using this method. I like to try a variety lol. Good luck with you grow.

soil or coco? soil no nutes like @Zee said and with coco, you have to add calmag as the medium is totally void of all nutes, but way watered down until veg. Been doing it to mine in coco and works very well, just measure your ppm and ph after you add anything to the water.

So the reason behind a journal, for me, was to help me draw up a consistent system for growing my way. I realize that every plant is different but I could standardize a few things. For example, I went 20% Perlite, I thought it was heavy but Iā€™ll see the results. I like Ocean Forest but will try coco when I have my system down. That said , a very close friend (who also grows) suggested something that I find brilliant:
I watered my plants with 20ml of 6.77ph water on Friday the 4th at 9pm. I realize the amount will go up with age. So far I have watered every 2 days but I am aware that under/overwatering is #1 killer for newbies. So I have the next 3 days off and I am going to test my watering schedule. I would normally water the girls tonight, however, I am going to wait until the leaves start to curl (showing they are thirsty). I will only do this twice to avoid stressing them out. The goal for me is to find a watering schedule that is every 3 days and an amount that will leave the the girls dry but not thirsty. I feel like this is a great idea for all newbies.
Ok, that was a lot to typeā€‹:grin::grin:. This is the part for questions or commentsā€¦

sounds legit, but why not buy a $20 meter off amazon that will give you ph and moisture readings? Iā€™m going to follow this grow if you donā€™t mind, as I am on my first grow and love seeing otherā€™s work.

Correct. At week 4 am in 3 gallon containers and give each half a gallon or more till I get runoff. When I transfer up to 7 gallon fabric pots, I go a gallon each plant.

@neofraud_811 letā€™s see a up to date pic of the girls

@Highwayman420, @Zee, @KoolHandLuke, ok for all three. Rookie, I have one the 3way moisture readers. I have read a few people are not big on them for the moisture readings, I mainly use it for the lux reading. I am more of the weight and feel guy as Hellraiser suggests in his journal ā€œHellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuffā€ (dont know how to copy and share links yet. Really suggest checking it out tho.
Zee, Iā€™m not quite there yet. Iā€™m 2 weeks out of soil. I figured next week I would start veg and the week after begin feeding. Next water I will water full pot because I havenā€™t gotten anything outside of dinner 4" wet and Iā€™m worried that the nutes in soil will activate when I give a big drink at veg and my feeding will burn em.
Luke, here you go buddy.

I am pretty happy so far but I am worried about the last one. Mainly because she has been stuck at that same size for a while. Also, I dont see new growth in the node.

2 Likes

Almost looks like nitrogen deficiency. Idk. Cant tell because of light but is really dark colored

Sometimes you get a runt. I have one in my tent and man sheā€™s pisses me off. I super cropped every plant but her (to make her the tallest) and to even the canopy. One week later . She is behind by 5 inches WTF. BTW make sure you stay on top of calibrating your PH pen . This is about the time when I got relaxed and screwed up. Third set of true leaves is the start of Veg and you can start giving them more water. (no Nutes). The Girls look good , around the 3rd or fourth week .They are going to explode with growth. I canā€™t wait to see

@KoolHandLuke, I cant either. Iā€™m going to keep up with photos. I moved my light up like 3 inches because of the current growth. I love how tight the nodes are tho. Btw I am waiting for my new 260xl from HLG to arrive I dont think I will need it for this grow but next one is going to be a dozen or so because I am going to need enough to do oil or butter. Any suggestions for research material? My adopted daughter just found out she has 3 more spots on kidney and one on colon.

1 Like

Sorry to here about your daughter. So you are going big. when you are ready @Covertgrower , does big , @Jackie_Daytona is new but he has 3 tents going and his girls are beautiful . These are good people and remember the hallmark of intelligence is not the answers one gives you ,but is the questions one ask you. So please try to give them as much information as you can about your grow .So they can give you a intelligent answer.

1 Like

@KoolHandLuke, 10-4 bud, will do. So, are they folks I want to ask about oil n butter or should I talk to them about just big grow?

ask Covertgrower he is a Admin, if he doesnā€™t know ,he knows who does

2 Likes