First indoor grow journal.... enjoy!

@neofraud_811, ask @repins12 also he’s always cooking up something. I think I remember him with a plate full of swedish fish. I have to try that.

1 Like

Are we trying to figure out the ratio of flower to to make “budder” ?

Thats what I have, I’m also alittle iffy on it the more I use it. I’ve been doing the pick up test as well, but also go knuckle deep in her to see if shes moist…lol

Just food for thought, mine also “stuck” for awhile but I figured out it was the roots expanding to fill the whole damn solo cup. I think she’ll be fine

I’m so sorry to hear that, best wishes for her!!!

@Highwayman420, @KoolHandLuke, @Covertgrower. Thanks for the well wishes and encouragement. I’m excited to try the 260xl for my next run. I’ve got 10 auto seeds I’ll use in between but I want to start 10 Cali Dreams for Scrog. I should have the light and beans in time to pop them around the time I start LST on these autos. I will switch out when GGs are harvested to my dual board triple heatsink 288. Then I’ll use both at flower. Both are Rspec. Yes, Covert. I’m not sure how budder or oil is measured but I would like to send my daughter enough to last between harvests but am clueless of the process. Any suggestions for research materials?

2 Likes

@KoolHandLuke, btw I got my wifi Govee temp, hydro and am excited because I have it and my climate control ran by my phone so when I get an alert I can adjust what it needs.

1 Like

It’s going to be a bit of trial and error, because everyone’s dosage is different. But what seems to be pretty close is about 28 grams of flower for two cups of oil. You can adjust the ratios next time, and use the recipe anywhere you would normally use butter.
You will need to decarb the flower first, then mix in.

@Covertgrower, @repins12. Thanks cover, if you dont mind I’ll tag you again when I harvest and am ready to start actually doing it.
Repins I’ll just tag you in my first post.

3 Likes

Sounds good, I try to follow everyone’s journal. Who doesn’t love to watch weed grow.

3 Likes

check this book out, I have it and it has a section on making oil and hash using butane. Might help a bit.grow bible

@Highwayman420, thanks bud. I’m going to research more than the oil and buffer in there. I love researching!! I’ll take all the research you can send me😁

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty her cannabis kitchen has lots of tasty

1 Like

@Covertgrower, question for you. I dont want to tie up 1 of my 2 big light sets for germination and seedlings. Do you recommend using a t5 or t8 CFL for this? If yes, what should I look for?

Either of those will work, look for 6,000K spectrum.

@Covertgrower, cool thanks. I know that they have been said to stunt plant growth if used too long. Do you think 4 weeks from soil breaks too long? Just trying to find a starting point for the timing.

I wouldn’t worry about the stunting, they’ll just be short and fat. That’s the way some like them. 4 weeks great.

1 Like

Ok, time for a new update: I decided to give my girls a big ol drink last night. I upped the amount from the 20-30ml I was giving them to a 60-80ml drink. I woke up this morning and I think it’s fair to say that veg cycle has started. They all grew at least 1/2 inch and added about 25-30% to leaf size/spread!! What a pleasant surprise. They first popped from soil 17 days ago so as excited as I was, its decision time. There are 3 things I am thinking about now (I know it’s a little early for a couple) and just getting prepared.

1. I believe it’s time to start giving the girls a break. My timer is set and ready to switch to a 20/4 light schedule
  2. Coming up on week 3 I think next watering will be a 1/4 dose feeding as well, 1/2 week after, full in flower
  3. When am I going to LST?
    Decisions: 1. Sept 10th 20/4 light schedule begins
    2. Wed. Sept. 16th will be start of nutes
    3. I work 7 day stretch 17th to 23rd. Start
    LST on the 24th
    Again, my journal is being presented on a public format because I wouldn’t have made it this far without your help, so please feel free to ask questions or comments. I will have to take photos tonight because I shot a video this morning and cant upload.¹
2 Likes

@neofraud_811 sounds like you are going to train this auto,if so follow arrow ,he is a horticulture artist

2 Likes