First indoor grow journal.... enjoy!

Dont know photos didn’t upload but I’ll try again

The 2nd from bottom is the yellowing one.

4 Likes

Does anybody know if the cloud line s8 8incj would be too but got 4x4 tent? What’s better 6inch or 8 for my space? I have the 4inch and I’m not too happy.

1 Like

@FreshGrowmie 6” is more than enough ,if you have a heat problem in your grow space then the 8” would be better ,you can always turn it down.

1 Like

I grow in FF OF and have first hand experience. Exhibit #1 - talk about nute blast

Now I know that dark green glossy leaves means nitrogen toxicity. The last thing this Amnesia Haze needed was more nitrogen from FF trio Big Grow. The other three plants in this grow did not react as adversely as this one (at least to the same degree). She was the runt and I was trying to push her too hard. This is my reference point when I say “looks healthy with good color”

@beardless, I am probably suffering from info overload but can you please stress your point. I want to understand but I cant see the connection between the two posts. Please have patience with me and let me know exactly what u mean to do and not do?

Yeah I vote 6 inch as luck mentioned it will work fine.

Seedlings look good developing a root system at this point foliage will come a little later.

Basically saying FF OF provides enough nutrients to carry plants through early veg. It just takes time for the seedling to grow enough roots to make use of what is available. Putting more nutrients in the soil will not do any thing now because it can’t and won’t use it anyway. Then, when it is more developed all of the unused nutrients are in the soil and it leads to additional issues like toxicity and lock-out.
You have probably heard this but be patient. Seedlings are in their most vulnerable state right now. Another point, because I just went through this myself, do not over water.

2 Likes

@beardless. Thank you, that was very concise and I see the light.:grin:. I appreciate you breaking it down for me. That makes absolute sense regarding the not yet developed roots. @KoolHandLuke said earlier in the journal that too much love with the girls can be bad. I will stick to 6.8ph waterings and keep an eye on light height but otherwise cruise for the next 3 weeks. Thanks for the help guys and gals.
I will leave this next part for any other newbies that might read my journal: (feel free to correct me ya’ll)
This is a stretching seedling

2 Likes

@KoolHandLuke [quote=“neofraud_811, post:70, topic:51926”]
that too much love with the girls can be bad.
[/quote]
I think we were saying the same thing, just a little differently.
You can check out An auto, three photos and a clone and see that I struggled with three AK47 seedlings.

@neofraud_811 looking good ,how is your temp and humidity. Here is some good reading

@KoolHandLuke, thanks for asking. It looks like I am right were I need to be now that I have everything settled down.

I’m in the mid range of the early veg. Just out of curiosity (because I used a similar chart to set my climate)
When you match your temp with humidity on the chart, what are the numbers at the intersection? For example at mine: 75°/70% is the number 0.72. On my chart its 0.89?

Number at the cross axis is vapor pressure deficit , You can speed up or slow down nutrients intake by selecting a lower or higher vpd. Experienced growers who want to control everything in their grow ,vpd gives them a real hard on

Thanks a millionforexplaining that @KoolHandLuke, soooo…researching shows 0.8 to 1.1 as ideal range but it doesn’t say which way for more or less nutrients. Is higher more?

@KoolHandLuke, thanks btw for the link to the vpd forum. I have 2 last questions then I should be good til after I start LST.
So far I have only been giving the girls enough water at 6.7 ph to make the top 1/4 inch of soil wet., lightly spraying. Tonight I had to dig Dow about 4 to 5 inches to get to moist soil (2 days between watering). Should I start watering deeper(more water with longer time between) or stay the course?
Last question, when the girls move to veg stage should I turn power up and raise the light a little or keep the intensity and current height? I’m thinking as the plants get taller and wider I’ll need to raise light slightly for full coverage and intensify for penetration.im asking you because we have the same light/setup.

Damp then dry , if you increase your feeding . Water in a circle around your plant ,make that circle wider. Don’t over feed them .Giving seedlings the right amount of water is a judgement call depending on temp,humidity,and size of the pot .It’s hard for all new growers .That’s why so many start in solo cups. Your lights ,seedling don’t need much light .just make sure they are not stretching or curling from the heat ,they will tell you. Dude you have a 260 rspec xl .you can almost put that light anywhere in that grow space and it will be ok. I have been bouncing my light from 18"-30" the entire grow . You will have to see what your girls like.

@KoolHandLuke, thanks again. I’m starting to get back into the swing of things. I won’t lie the autos were supposed to be an easier transition for me from outside to inside but they are so sensitive to stress that it is stressing me out :sweat_smile:. Anyways thanks again everyone!!

That is a good question maybe we should get some vets in on this @dbrn32, @Hellraiser .I automatically thought (vapor pressure deficit) if you increase a deficit your plant is drinking faster and vice versa. So as the temp increase your plant is taking in nutes at a faster rate and need a higher rh.

I’m not exactly sure what the question is. In my experience lower vpd requires more nutrients to keep from seeing deficiency on plants. I don’t know that I’ve ever been over.