First Grow Journal! Bruce Banner, Gold Leaf, and Auto Sour Diesel

What watt is your hps and how big a tent is it going in?

1 Like

@HornHead it is going in my 4x4 tent. I just picked up a new 1000 watt bulb the other day. I might keep my smaller led in there with the hps to help cover some of the corners?

Your tent is 6’8" you need space up top for carbon filter and light hood, say 1.5 ft. That leaves you 5’2" you run that 1000w hps at 100% you’ll need at least 2ft to start. That leaves 3’2" the pots are probably 1ft tall. That leaves 2’2" you better start with some heavy lst. I have to run my 315w cmh at 18"

1 Like

You so right @AfgVet, this forum gets addictive! :nerd_face:

@HornHead Thanks for the advice man! So train the girls to stay at a minimum height of 2ft away from the hps to start? What do you guys recommend for the filter/smell?

I run AC Infinity products which I’m impressed with.

1 Like

Nice man. Would love to experiment with a dyi light down the road. Check this guy out that I won at an auction for my buddy who has 2 bulldogs. A dude and his wife made it out of aluminum and then painted it.

2 Likes

I love that. My dogs would bark it into submission. Otis would probably pee on it and take a nap

4 Likes

Today I decided to flip to 12/12. I installed my 1000watt hps and my new ac infinity s6 van and filter. This fan is amazing and I am having no problem with heat! I also am running my Vesta LED full spectrum light along with the hps.

Let me know what you guys think! Starting to germinate some more Bruce banner for my Veg tent.

@Bulldognuts it will be fun to watch our girls flower together.

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy I have about 3ft now from the top of my plants to the hps. Thanks for the advice man. Im sure they will blow up here soon but will just have to keep the canopy low. What do you think is the closest I should allow the girls to get to the hps?

Sheets.

Yes it will. Standing by for first Flower

1 Like

I’ve only run LEDs, so it’s hard for me to comment on HPS. The thing I would be worried about with HPS is heat, and you don’t want it to raise your canopy temps too much. It will depend on the wattage of the HPS bulb(s) you are using too. Search on HPS posts here, or ask an HPS grower, and you’ll get a better answer than I could give. I don’t want to give you a bad answer.

I’m happy that things are going well.

Day # 3 in flower:) The girls responded nicely to my first round of big bloom. The one in the far back left must be an auto? She is blooming quick?

4 Likes

Back right if your looking at the tent. I’m pretty tore up on my blue dream from the last go around. :blush:

@Bulldognuts do you think I should trim up the middle two bushy plants some more? Also what is your feeding schedule like right now?

1 Like

The fan leaves on top may be blocking lower growth. You should first try to tuck them under. If possible do it when lights first come on. As Healthy as your girls are looking they may not cooperate. If you do decide to remove some just be judicious and try to just remove the ones that are really blocking lights.

1 Like

I still haven’t had to feed at all. PPMs are still high. But the way they are taking off after going to flower I expect that to change quick. Right now only adding cal-mag.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy thanks for the advice on the ac infinity products. It’s working like a charm keeping my heat down with my 1000watt hps.

3 Likes

End of week #1 in flower! Any advice would be appreciated.

4 Likes

It’s looking great. No advice here, looks like your on track for a great harvest.

3 Likes