First Grow Journal! Bruce Banner, Gold Leaf, and Auto Sour Diesel

I let my plants grow wild. I did top 3 of my plants and the last one wasn’t. They are over 5 feet tall. I keep the same light from start to finish.

2 Likes

Are these autos or photos?

They are looking really good, in general.

I always top above the 4th node and I am always sure to leave a good stump above the 4th node when I do top so that I get the best knuckle I can, as quickly as I can.

Veg them as long as you like if they are photos. I grow photos and let them veg at least 8 - 10 weeks before I flower, but if you are limited by space, then you can flip them earlier.

I would switch to the HPS when you flip, but certainly no later than 10 days to 2 weeks afterwards. They will have finished their stretch by then.

Do you plan on training those 2 back plants to circle around your pot? I don’t see people bend the whole plant like that very often.

2 Likes

They look good. I top at 5 node and tie them down similar to that. Allow me to keep them at a manageable height.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy

These are the photos. My autos haven’t popped from soil yet. I think I will veg them for another 7 weeks or so and continue to train them. My tent is 80” tall so I probably don’t want to let them get too close to the HPS light. How much space should I have between the HPS at the top of the tent to the ready to flip/flower veg plants?

I just watched a couple people bend over the whole plant and it seemed like a neat idea.

1 Like

You’ll want them to have as much light as possible during flowering while still managing your canopy temp. I’ve never run an HPS, so I don’t know how to conduct that balance, though I’m certain there are people that can help you here.

I do things with my plants to build really strong stalks (seed sprout tea, silica, and a fan on the plants at all time,) so my plants aren’t so flexible that I could train like that.

1 Like

Did a little more training with the ladies today. Growing fast now:)

3 Likes

I’d say. The 2 days growth is very noticeable even in pictures. Good stuff!

1 Like

Do you have another tent for flowering? You’re going to have a very full tent in a month or 2 if not.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy I do not. Sadly my autos are not popping up in my top 3x3’ veg tent. So I am thinking about just moving the two white pots from this flower tent to the other tent and making them both veg/flower tents. Just have 4 going in the bottom and 2 going up top.

1 Like

Day #36. Girls are growing fast. My auto seeds never popped in my 3x3 tent so I moved two of of my plants from my 4x4 to the 3x3. More training and growth:)

2 Likes

Took the girls out tonight for some defoliating and lst training. Watered them yesterday and was curious when I should start adding nutes. I’m growing in Ocean forest. Today would be day 38.

Pre-haircuts

Post Haircuts and Training:

1 Like

Are you taking ppm readings. I’m also using FF OF so far all my ppm’s have been high. So I haven’t needed to start with any nutrients other than cal-mag. I’m starting 5th week of Veg.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts I am not taking readings. I probably should be but just haven’t really got into that yet. It’s seems to me that this FFOF will last even a couple weeks into flower. These are the nuts that I do have and will use when they need them:

FF big bloom
Beastie Bloom
Cha Ching
Bat Guano

Would love advice on these nutrients as well:)

1 Like

Our girls are about the same age :v:

1 Like

I used all of those on last grow except Bat guano. I also FF Open Sesame. Had excellent results. I didn’t do readings on last either Everything went well with exception of cal-mag deficiency.

1 Like

Im still growing them under my 2000 Bestva Reflector. Excited to get the 1000 watt hps on them in a couple weeks!

1 Like

I pretty much followed instructions on containers. Was happy with results. I now know that you are supposed to flush at certain intervals. I didn’t do that, more than likely will this time.

1 Like

I just did some aggressive trimming. I’ll probably be flipping before long.

3 Likes

That’s some talent right there man. They look great. You running an HLG in there? Is that a 4x4 tent?

1 Like

I’m running PLC Photo Boost strip lights. They are DIY. I’ve got 4x8 only growing in 4x4 of tent use rest of space for portable a/c unit Aircare whole house humidifier and 18" oscillating fan on pedestal.

1 Like