DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

I am right there emotionally and mentally with you @Myfriendis410 and most others on this site as well.

Mostly with the thanks to those same individuals who coached, encouraged and assisted me to grow, wait for it, 1.6lbs from 3 auto’s!! The idea and comfort that comes from having that personal stash in an amount you can share with others, Priceless.

I dabbled with indoor growing in the 90’s. I knew nothing and had only one mentor who was a hydro guy and I was growing in store bought potting soil with miracle grow ferts. I grew some decent weed but never in amounts large enough to feed my habits.

Gotta run but I agree with everything you wrote! Thanks ILGM, ILGM Forum Members and The State of Maine Public Referendum System!!

7 Likes

@Willd I love your grow journals! You are an amazing gardener, and on a budget too! Can’t wait to see how this years labor of love progresses. Thank you for sharing it with us. Watching this has me chomping at the bit to get my girls started, but it’s still a couple of weeks too early for my setup and limited outdoor space.

Rock on bro!!!

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I have just fell off my chair :joy:, @Willd Sir this is for you our Champion :trophy::medal_sports::1st_place_medal:,

2 Likes

Everything about this post is the kind of thing that keeps me coming back every day.
To share such undeniable similarities with you and so many members who have become friends here like:

AND

AND

8 Likes

Yup; you get it. I remember doing stoop labor on a neighbor’s yard when I was 17 so I could save up enough dough to buy a quarter ounce of sansemilla that was in town. Boy did I think I was the shizz lol!

Now it’s like: "What would you like tonight, honey? White Widow, Gold Leaf? Maybe some Sour D or perhaps a little taste of Jack Herer? Maybe some OG Kush? I love it.

Experimenting with the process, and my attitude toward quantity has changed; I believe it should not be the primary metric for MY grows. Producing weed that smokes like Unicorn farts is my goal. LMAO.

11 Likes

That’s a hell of a strain name, lol. Unicorn Farts!!!

11 Likes

@Willd That setup is out of a dream, just perfect! The gals appear to be just loving it. The color is textbook healthy for them all. You continue to inspire and you make this hard work seem almost effortless. Greatness sir!

2 Likes

I see marketing potential in that @MattyBear I’ll split it with you 60/40 lol.
@Willd your plants are looking awesome. Following along.
@Screwauger @Myfriendis410 I agree, I just about used all of my first grow, but I admire every bud I remove.

4 Likes

And then there were 11.
This Bubba Kush seedling was grown from a seed in the bottom of the humidor containing the last of my 2015 Bubba Kush harvest when it was finally spent in Oct 2017. I find it odd that it’s doing this since it should be a photo period and my lights are on a 20/4 cycle but I’m now guessing hermie and something else stressed it.

The first Purple Haze I planted is also showing sex & shooting hairs which also has me a tad concerned. I checked the function of the timer and it’s correct.

I have a whole second string on the bench to replace the Bubba Kush. Just need to decide which.

6 Likes

So I chop this one at the node below the first one that had the evidence of male sex. It might be wishful thinking butI’m thinking I’m going to keep it alive until I can get it outside and just keep chopping evidence of male flowers until then. I have another property 90 miles from here where I could just let it do it’s thing and give me a crop of Bubba Kush seeds.

13 Likes

That sounds like a good plan you will have seed for a life time if that is the case.

2 Likes

you know @Willd strays always seem to find their way back home…lol beware!

5 Likes

I know. I should just chuck it, right?

4 Likes

lol,you do the voodoo that you want to do …lol

2 Likes

take it over there by @Screwauger place and see if he can figure out why all his buds have bucked toofies!

6 Likes

There you go my friend. That’s thinking :v:

2 Likes

That’s just mean, haha!

3 Likes

I gave up on the Gorilla Glue mutant and the Bubba Kush and dropped second string replacements to soak for 48 hours.

They’re 7-8 weeks behind their sisters now. Oh well.

11 Likes

a pair of strong second string players!!

4 Likes

@Willd Those are some awesome plants ! Keep up the good work. You are lucky to live in a 420 state. I am afraid the only way to see me growing any plants freely is to move, which I am still working on ! ! Jerry

4 Likes