DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

Gorgeous as always, Will! They ought to run you off your property a month after you stick em in the ground haha.

3 Likes

Thanks Jerry @TxGrowman and you Al @Myfriendis410
They donā€™t get outside until the middle of May to harden off in and out of the wood shelter until the end of May when theyā€™ll go into he ground.
Iā€™m stoked. They will outgrow their greenhouse well before then so Iā€™ll have to remove the greenhouse ā€œskinā€ and spread them and the lights out some more. I purposely didnā€™t feed them until they were outside last year and they were stunted if you can believe that.
I want to be putting 4ā€™ trees in the ground this time not knee high bushes.
Iā€™m feeding them lightly this time but definitely feeding them. In fact itā€™s next on my to do after some more weed and some lunch.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

If I had a bit more room Iā€™d do this.

Thanks Will . I was talking to a friend that grows near your area. He requested that I tell you one thing that he did to keep the soil warmer around the plant. After he planted his 3 1/2 foot tree of blueberry, he watered it pretty well and then covered the dirt with a 36 inch circumference circle with heavy grade plastic. He said the soil stayed warm even though he caught a freak snowstorm in late May. I do not know if that really helps or not but, if it does, I wanted to give it to you for consideration.

If you have used it or had a bad experience, Iā€™d appreciate it if you could drop me a line and let me know. I want to get into outdoor grown cannabis. My experiences have all been inside and I am researching to move outdoors. My knowledge on outdoor is VERY deficient.

Thanks and have a great day. :us: :man_farmer:

5 Likes

Yeah heā€™s definitely onto something there Iā€™ll be using black weed block fabric on the entire area again this time which really keeps the ground warm and keep the weeds down .

5 Likes

were you able to pull fabric up and re-use @Willd

1 Like

I wasnā€™t. It was the inexpensive flimsy type and got messed up trying to mow along the edges. I will be going with something more durable like this
https://www.amazon.com/DeWitt-SBLT4300-Sunbelt-Barrier-300-Feet/dp/B004SI9RY0?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

March 17th, 2018
So I had to remove the rectangular drip trays and replace with individual ones for the plants that were touching each other. Looks like I lost some drip trays (they crack and break easily) since last spring so thereā€™s a few on todayā€™s Agway list.

But hey! Look at these after getting some lovinā€™ this morning!
These are the first 6 sprouted on January, 23, 2018

Here are the others I had to wait for seeds to start on February 13, 2018 and the one baby Purple Haze to replace the one that didnā€™t make it.

HIGHBUSH 2018 GREATEST HITS

Side 1:

Side 2:
ter

22 Likes

Looking good Will! I missed out on your journal last year and made a point of setting this to ā€œwatchingā€.

But I confess that I just like your posts haha.

4 Likes

That looks so cool @Willd and the beautiful plants very impressive Sir :+1::ok_hand::v:

1 Like

Thanks @Myfriendis410 & @Johnzy81. I really enjoy every aspect of it, but Iā€™m a little envious of some of our peers pushing the envelope with much larger grows than mine.
I have the space, but lack the nerve to exceed the stateā€™s limit.
Iā€™m afraid to top or FIM them until later for fear of them bushing out & outgrowing the confines of the greenhouseā€™s skin before the cellar is warm enough for them to be spread out on the cellar floor instead of contained in the greenhouse. I donā€™t want to have to run a space heater down there.
Canā€™t tell if I spilled fish emulsion on myself of itā€™s just time for a fresh set of clothesā€¦lol

5 Likes

Hoe-Lee-Sha-Moe-Lee @Willd conditions in that room are good to grow by the looks of all that Green. DEH18 is impressive already!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the challenge this time of year lol. I personally dislike putting additional heat into my space. I want the lights to do that! I just donā€™t have a large enough yard for outside growing. Thatā€™s why the hybrid grow method I use.

2 Likes

I think you have plenty of excellent plants and perfect strains to move forward with and to think that if you do film you could explode your tent is exciting Iā€™m along for the ride all the way Sir. :v::seedling::v:

2 Likes

@Willd is my hero: anyone who uses 5 gallon buckets for Mason Jars is a god hahaha! What did you have in 2016? 9 pounds?

5 Likes

Just over 8.5 in 2015. I skipped 2016.
I wasnā€™t as generous with it as Iā€™ve been with this one knowing I can do this legally now every year. And it lasted right through until the first of my 2017 harvest was dry enough to start smoking. it was only 2 strains then as well. Bubba Kush and Sour Diesel.
I used 2 gallon buckets this time because it was so many different strains to keep separated. ha ha ha

8 Likes

I remember although I wasnā€™t a member then.

Thatā€™s pretty close to what I grew last year but not all at once!

3 Likes

lol,the roots are going to push out the potting soil before long @Willdā€¦
beautiful plants.

3 Likes

yeah brother youā€™ve definitely had some bountiful harvests since Iā€™ve been following your grows

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t have done it without you and Bob and John and so on lol. Nobody outside of this forum ā€œgets itā€.

Iā€™ve always wanted to grow weed and sometimes itā€™s surreal to me to pull out a gnarly bud and grind it up. Because my 17 year old subconscious is going ā€œHoly cow!ā€ This should be framed! Haha.

We had friends over for dinner, visiting from 'Vegas the other night and I gave them a 1/2 ounce bud of GSC-X. He was gobsmacked by the size and flipped when I gave it to them. But to us itā€™s the new normal.

14 Likes