Defoliation: ready to flower. HELP PLEASE

I’m fixing to go to the hydro store and pick up some cha ching. Do you use it with tiger bloom and the other nutes or use it with just water once a week? And im going into weeks 5 so I’m thinking beastie blooms wouldn’t be a necessary purchase today unless you believe I should use it 1 week before going to cha ching

I used it with the trio when I used the trio. I use it with other nutes as well. I’m not really sure if all are needed. Seems like you could just use one of them since they’re all pretty close to the same. They’re just pk boosters, essentially.

1 Like

Did you notice a difference when using it? I’m showing some deficiencies and this looks like it should help out without alot of additional salt build up.

I’ve always used it so don’t have a with/without comparison.

@BobbyDigital @Nicky @Covertgrower @Jackie_Daytona would you mind looking at the fan leaves I posted pics of above ^^^ and see if you can help me figure out what’s going on with them? I am trying to get her into flower but this condition is progressing and I didn’t want to flip her and stress her out even more. Thanks so much :pray:t3:

Magnesium deficiency for Sure.

What are your ppms?

@Nicky @Covertgrower Been giving Cal-Mag+ weekly. Also… the issue is affecting the bottom leaves the most. Latest pics (just took):

@Covertgrower here’s the kicker: I’m in a ten-gallon SmartPot and can’t get runoff. Maybe I should pour 10-15 gallons in there?

Wonder if I should just mix up some Sledgehammer and flush it with 10-15 gallons?

Why not? I have fabric pots and if you water slow enough you’ll get water to come out of the bottom.
I asked what your ppms are because I suspect its over feeding. If you get run off, and check the the ppms in your run off, willing to bet it’ll be on the high side. I’m seeing a bit of claw with excessive nitrogen too. Still leaning on nutrient burn. Just suggesting some things to check before doing a flush.

2 Likes

:+1:t3: I can’t get runoff with 2 gallons, so maybe I’ll try a little more to see if I can get a measurement

1 Like

Seeing a fair amount of salt evaporated on the outside of the pot. Is that normal?

2 Likes

Fairly, and if you’ve been heavily feeding, seems more likely.

1 Like

That’s the thing… I haven’t fed mich at all. In the last couple weeks, just 5ml weekly Cal-Mag, a foliar spray of Flowers Kiss ONCE, 2 Tbsp of Big Bloom ONCE, and an accidental (poorly timed) feeding of 1/3 strength Open Sesame. That’s IT besides water. I’ve pH’d to between 5.8-6.3 every time. One thing: I am growing in FFOF, but the bottom third of the pot, which the roots are way into by this point, is Nature’s Living Soil. I did two pretty heavy defoliations, including one where I took about 1/3-1/2 of the vegetation off in prep for flower. Could THAT be a cause? Could it be a potassium deficiency (Just going by pics I’ve googled)? Can stress cause lock out or no? This is how it progressed over a few days just for recap

One more thing: I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart man :pray:t3:. I am doing this as a labor of love for myself and my wife, but also to help a friend with a terrible disease and no appetite. I really want this to work, and I’ve put a lot of time and care into doing it without a proper setup. You guys (and gals) on this site have helped to enable me to come this far, and I have no doubt I can make it to harvest if it’s at all possible with the knowledge you all have. Thank you again :call_me_hand:t3:

PS: That pic of me holding the live rosin was accidentally uploaded. Sorry.

3 Likes

Your having PH issues for sure and that’s why the leafs look the way they do and then the others are showing magnesium deficiency.
You need to do a bit of a flush.
Get that run off flowing, get a tds and PH sample once your run off PH is 6.2-6.5 you’ll be sitting better and then you can follow it immediately with the appropriate tds feed.

The issue with ph run off in soil is its not accurate so you should actually do a soil slurry test before you flush but my moneys in your PH Is out of wack

1 Like

I can edit the Rosin if you’d like.
Cal mag has a lot of nitrogen in it, so be aware of that when you’re using it. You may have been on the edge of nutrient burn, then using that may have tipped the scales.

Magnesium (or epsom salt) I would suggest to start using. 1.2 grams per gallon when you water next. That’s something that’s commonly left out.

I definitely would check PH, on run off just to verify what’s coming out is inline with what’s going in. Just to certain.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Nicky @BobbyDigital @Jackie_Daytona @dbrn32 @Tenga @CoyoteCody @Eagles009 @kellydans @PurpNGold74
I tagged you guys and gals because you have all been very friendly and helpful to me in the short time I’ve been a part of your forum. I love the relaxed vibe and the help and knowledge that aren’t withheld, but freely shared. That said… just wanted to show you guys what I’m dealing with. I have a plant that’s been in veg for WAY TOO LONG due to branches breaking, etc. and I need to flip her quick! Problem is… I have a new issue affecting the leaves. It’s going up from the bottom, so I know it’s a mobile nutrient. I posted PLENTY of pics ^^^ and I’m sorry to some ( :eyes: @Covertgrower) who I’ve BLOWN UP out of panic. Anyhow… if I can’t figure this out, can anyone help me with resetting the plant? I have FF Boomerang and Sledgehammer if I need to use. Plant is in a 10gal fabric SmartPot with top 2/3 FFOF and bottom 1/3 Nature’s Living Soil (original blend). If I eventuallly need to flush, can you suggest a water amount (I see zero runoff w/ 2gal. Never watered more), a pH for that water, what type of water (distilled, pH’d tap, or RO), whether I should use Sledgehammer to ease the leaching ability of the water, and what to do afterwards? Again… I know I am asking a lot from a lot of you, but I promise you it is appreciated by at least 3 people that THANK YOU :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:WITH ALL OUR HEARTS :heart::heart::heart:. You have made me feel very welcome here and I thank you greatly for that. :call_me_hand:t3:

PS: I’m gonna include a pic of the canopy so you can see the relative health compared to the leaves I posted pics of several posts and replies above this one.

2 Likes

In my opinion she looks good enough to flip in my opinion. You have like green growth at the top, she’s happy. You may have a few issues, but overall she looks really good.
Wouldn’t hurt to do a flush, or at least check run off to verify everything is okay.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m going to mirror @Covertgrower overall I think she looks good. I would keep moving forward and go for the flip. Nice plant !

3 Likes