Cygnus X1's 2nd Grow - The Coco Experience

Smart move for sure!

1 Like

That’s one of the traits I look for in a keeper/mother. Both my Cherry Ice Cream and Blue Dream buds taste and smell great as soon as they are dry enough to smoke.

I did that with some Cherry Ice Cream a couple years back, let it go like 12 weeks (normally go 9 or 10 weeks depending if I’m using far red and 13/11), could see the amber trichs with the naked eye real easy, buds looked covered in a red fuzz. My friends called it heroin bud, was extremely narcotic and sleep inducing,

4 Likes

Outstanding, I wouldn’t want a whole plant of that, but will definitely need to let some go in the future and be sure to properly label that stash… For evening use only…

This is definitely a plant I’d have taken a clone off of had I been set-up to do so. For now cloning / keeping mothers remains on the “some day” list. Everything about this pheno was outstanding (except her propensity to try to grow through the roof).

1 Like

Yeah I did the bottom half of one plant after taking the tops and labeled those jars as Cherry XXX, was powerful stuff, will have to make some more for those extra-insomnia nights.

1 Like

Great numbers man. Can’t wait 4 the pic

1 Like

The SOB is amazing. The smell and taste is outstanding for sure. All of my close friends that have tired it have all said they love it. I will be filling my room up with this strain after a couple grows of some fems. And I agree with you on the amount of time it took to show sex. Would have loved to keep them in solos until they showed but didn’t happen.

2 Likes

I actually DID keep them in solo’s the whole time. :laughing:

Drove me mad watering / feeding 3x or so per day, but the plants didn’t mind. Roots were certainly getting a little crowded by transplant time but surprisingly nothing out of line considering.

They reached down quickly once I transplanted in the 3 gallon bags and I was able to turn the Autopots on faster than I would have expected.

Root shot at the end of her time in the solo:

6 Likes

Wow!!! :rofl:

1 Like

13 Likes

Out of curiosity do you think all that time in a solo affected your final yield on the sob?

Thanks for sharing Professor; what is the purpose of the 13/11 schedule?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sweet! Looks so golden and delicious brother. You can see the individual trich bits…

1 Like

Beautiful roots

1 Like

:joy::joy: That’s where I gave in and transplanted into 3 gal. There’s no way I could feed them 3x a day. I ended up feeding 2x a day in flower with the 3 gal. Im ordering parts now for a auto watering system. What turned me away from the auto pots is feeding from the bottom.

Ya really making me hate the fact I didn’t drop 1 this round

1 Like

@Pinboy , I don’t think so. The plant was VERY healthy throughout the veg cycle both in the solo and in the final 3 gallon.

@Bamamojo, 13 dark helps simulate fall and can help force a plant to finish.

@Loudman , why the aversion to bottom feeding?

2 Likes

Ok so still just barely proficient in this art but another temple ball from the SOB. Slowly improving the technique.

This plus the previous 2g from the same plant = 5.24g temple ball hash plus some dirtier kief I kept separately.

10 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

I just don’t like the idea of my pot sitting in the water.

I was a little worried about it at first, if for no other reason than it seemed salts would have nowhere to go, etc. but any fears seem to have been unfounded.

Here’s a shot of the bag removed from the tray.

Those roots were between the bag and pot sock.

8 Likes