Cygnus X1's 2nd Grow - The Coco Experience

Ok… So… I may have underestimated just how much bud I actually left to keep maturing on the Sick’O’Berry…

First harvest is dried and in grove bags. That came in at 3.35oz dry. These buds were VERY dense and after the WeDryer still took some pretty good time “burping” the Grove’s (like 2 hours open or so at a time) to get the moisture from the centers to make its way out. I’ll let this batch go longer in the WeDryer before finishing the trim job and bagging.

I did leave another small handful on the plant to finish off, but the majority has now been cut off (really just a few this time)…

Here is what was pulled today:

15 Likes

Man they look nice!

2 Likes

Thanks man! I can honestly say this is one of those times where pics don’t really do it justice. Completely thrilled with this plant. I can’t wait for the cure, the early samples were outstanding.

2 Likes

I forgot to add, for future reference…

The first 3.35oz dried was cut right at the completion of week 12 of flower. This latest portion was completion of week 13. All measured from 12/12 light flip.

Gorgeous! Great job once again!

2 Likes

Beautiful Buds

1 Like

Been lurking both of your threads as well… Both killing it!!

Looking forward to tallying up the total yield from the 2x3, looking like it’ll be just over 1/2lb once the latest is dried and weighed. Not bad considering one of the plants was an auto. The SOB was the heavy producer by a WIDE margin…

2 Likes

Thank you hopefully by the end of the year my 1st journey will be over when the girls get harvest.

That’s a great haul and I can’t wait 2 drop my sobs

1 Like

With your staggered harvesting are you cutting at varying degrees of ripeness? Or waiting on all harvested buds to be the same?

1 Like

All to be pretty much ready to my liking. Virtually all cloudy with a few ambers.

It’s really light intensity based. First pass I took what was up high much of which was blocking light to the lower buds. Then lowered the lights closer to the rest of the plant to increase intensity. I let that ride until everything was in my preferred range and pulled the second round.

What’s left will ride again and depending on quality I’ll either dry and cure or just harvest the kief for hash depending.

Given how I let this plant grow it worked well. With a better trained and constrained plant I’d have been able to pull all at once but would have sacrificed yield for that convenience.

Since I’m not in a rush this grow to start the the tent again this worked out well. It was obviously also a pretty long flowering strain…

1 Like

Copy all.
I have three pairs of like cultivars growing now. At this time I plan to harvest one partly cloudy and one partly amber to see if there is much difference. All new for me.

1 Like

Meaning harvest whole plant in my case.

I keep saying I’m going to let some buds really amber up to experience the difference first hand and hopefully have some “night time” buds but I have yet to actually do that.

got a new phone and lost your number will you text me.

2 Likes

Yes indeed…! :+1:

1 Like

Still have to take a few “finished” bud pics but here are some stats and general notes that wrap up this grow…

Reminders, grow was in a 2x3 tent using a HLG 135 on one side and SF-1000 on the other half.

Plants were both in Coco, one had about 30% perlite, the other was straight coco. I didn’t see any real different in the roots between the two. I’ll likely add to both bags for the next grow just because i have it on hand and it certainly can’t hurt.

Both were on AN Sense Coco Grow nutes during veg, and started on AN Sensi Coco Bloom (+ Big bud) before switching to Jack’s later in flower. I’ll likely run Jack’s going forward, but may use up what I have left of the Sensi Grow for the next grow’s veg stage. It was nice not having to consider PH and I didn’t notice any deficiencies in either plant during the veg period(s).

Both were grown in Autopots from a shared res once roots were established in their 3 gallon bags.

Plant 1 - Gelato Autoflower Notes:
Dry yield - 2.65oz compared to 2.2oz last grow (which was in soil / no Autopots)
Plant was FIM’d
Veg weeks = 6.9, flower weeks = 8

This plant grew a bit better than the last of the same strain which I’ll attribute to coco / the Autopots and I’d like to hope a bit of skill improvement.

Plant 2 - Sick’O’Berry (regular seeds) Notes:
Dry yield - 5.8oz
Plant was topped
Veg weeks = 7.9, flower weeks 13 (with some upper bud sites ready / harvested about 2 weeks prior.

This was a really interesting plant for me as the bud sites were not stacked cola’s but many smaller / dense buds spread throughout. Sativa traits, it also wanted to grow very tall and had to be bent over several times to stay away from the lights.

The purples are amazing. Very potent high and fruit / berry notes coming through in the early samples. Can’t wait for this one to cure.

Also worth noting that these were VERY dense buds and very wet in the center. It was a balancing act to get them properly dried and the Grove bags were left partially open to let them sweat it out without over drying the outsides.

Still collecting kief from the trimmings and larf buds (there weren’t many) which will become a temple ball, I’ll report back with pics and weight of that when ready but there was a lot of kief from the SOB for sure…

7 Likes

Nice job! That sob is on my radar as well…
I’ve noticed with ro water and jacks that my ph comes out at 5.7-5.8 every time

2 Likes

Yeah, mine seems to come in slightly under, but a small amount of tap water added brings it right in range without having to resort to PH up.

SOB was a great grow, for sure, my only complaint in this grow was how long they took to show sex. I’d probably use a genetic service next time I decide to grow non-feminized seeds. It was day 50 from sprout before I was able to confirm…

1 Like

Ouch, 50 days is a haul. That could really mess up plans

1 Like

That’s why I ran the autoflower next to it. I knew she wouldn’t care about the light schedule and I could cater to the Sick’O’Berry’s needs. :sunglasses: Sure glad I considered that when dropping seeds. :rofl:

3 Likes