Cygnus X1's 2nd Grow - The Coco Experience

I49 cheese seeds and ilgm blue dream so far are both winners in this part also. Both have a nice taste right off the hanger. Some other need a week or so to gain that taste and smell back but these 2 never really lost it.

2 Likes

may need a humidifier for 4x8
tent any advice

1 Like

Cool mist is best. And when u fill them use ro or distilled water to avoid the humidifier blowing white powder in the room. Tap seems to make the humids blow out a white powder substance from the chlorine or chloramine in the water. Make sure u try and find one without lights on it if possible.

Looks beautiful man. Well done.

1 Like

@helicopterhigh , what is the RH in the tent now / are the plants showing any deficiencies? I’ve had pretty low RH in the tent in the seedling / early veg stage without issues. It tends to come up on its own as the plants get deeper into veg and start transpiring heavily.

Not saying you don’t need one, but lets make sure before you introduce another variable and potential problems that may be larger than the low RH.

If you do need one, I’d suggest finding something with an automatic humidity control setting, or something like an inkbird controller that can turn it on / off based on RH in the tent…

I run 13 on/11 off for flowering when using a far red lamp (730nm) for 5-7 minutes after the main lights turn off. This allows for a quicker to harvest time, usually cuts 5-7 days off the normal flowering time. The far red lamp changes the phytochrome state in minutes instead of the couple hours it normally takes (puts them into sleep mode fast). Faster to harvest without any loss of yield.

3 Likes

Somehow I never caught that in your threads. Very, very interesting.

Is my understanding of the opposite still true toward the very end of flower that (in that vernacular) 11(on)/13(off) can help simulate late season effectively helping them get past the final push to cloud / amber up to help finish or have I misunderstood that from other homework?

1 Like

Yes a shorter lighting period of 11 or even 10 hours can help plants finish up as well, shorter days - winter is coming.

I’ve been experimenting with far red to speed up harvest times for a couple years and used it off and on and seen no adverse affects or lighter yields so I’ll be using it for every grow going forward, already doing it on the Gelato & SK grow.

I use the HLG Far Red bulb and run it for 7 minutes after main lights go out (with the help of a dual outlet programmable timer)

4 Likes

Very nice to know. Thanks!

1 Like

Classic Professor Hell there! Awesome and thanks again.

1 Like

Love it when the main lights kick off and the far red comes on.

9 Likes

I bet! Looks kinda’ hellish in there lol

1 Like

Yeah, I still love that picture. I knew you were playing with the reds with good results, I completely missed your 13/11 schedule somehow.

2 Likes

I swear I fell like I’m grinding up lavender or something with these buds.

12 Likes

believe i got it worked out

Uploading: P1010007.JPG…

5 Likes

4 Likes

Those girls are stretching man good job looking beautiful

Merry Christmas to all from Jamaica!!

14 Likes

Merry Christmas my brother and enjoy that beautiful weather

3 Likes