Could use a mentor

Nice!

Absolutely! If you had minimal space issue id toss her but if not, good learning experience!

Ok, she will be a bit of a headache but think she will be ok. MG is a problem child. There are a few people who use it and have results, for every one of them there are 20 who have terrible results and trauma from the experience :slight_smile: my biggest issue with scotts brand products is they are a monsanto company.

Excellent! Please do. Also advanced nutes have a large selection of nute types and lines. Grab a shot of your line up so I can look into each one specificly, it will help me, help you. Enjoy the rest of your work day, and your daughters tales of day 1 at school.

Question for you. When I water the little one. The one with the moisture meter do I water until runoff and test the runoff.

1 Like

In this instance, I would. Normally I wouldnt because she is smaller. But, you have a double whammy of nitrogen from fresh OF and residual MG. she is showing signs of N toxicity (dark green and clawed tips) so it will help her out to do so. Make sure your water is ph stable ( has a tds of at least 300-350ppm) and ph it to 6.8ph. It will likely take 3-5 days before watering again. Water slowly to runoff of about 20%. 3 cups is about 20% of a gallon. Not that you will NEED a whole gallon, although its possible, just so you have an idea of how much runoff you want.

What kind of water will you be using to grow with?

1 Like

So right now I have an RO system that’s on its way but until then I’m using distilled water with basically no ppm and pH around 6.8. with that being said how am I supposed to get the PPM up

1 Like

I mean I know I had nutrients obviously brings it up but I didn’t really plan on adding nutrients yet given the circumstances

In another question for you so my outside plant how far is that smell going to carry on the last week of flowering.

Calmag is the most common and best way. You will need it in every watering with RO or distilled. And depending on nute lineup at every feeding as well. I like TPS or Botanicare but really any brand calmag will do. Since your intention is to grow full time I recomend getting a gallon size. TPS for example is about 16 bucks a quart but only 32 bucks a gallon on amazon. Could be even cheaper at hydro stores and the like just depends on what you have available or close by.

When water has too low of a tds it wont hold its own ph against your medium. It will instead adopt the ph of your medium. Minerals and nutrients in your medium drop the PH so when we water we want to adjust the ph of the medium when we pour it in, instead of the medium adjusting the waters ph. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you. Thats a lotta jugs! Your gonna want to get some electrical tape or duct tape and tape the clear cups. Algea will begin to grow in them if you dont.

1 Like

See this is what I love about growing. You learn so much stuff it could be overwhelming at times. And I completely agree I should definitely buy a large quantities the new lineup that I bought cost me about 150 bucks and I was not impressed with the size when it came to the door. And I still had to buy calmag separate. Question for you how long can I leave mix up nutrients in my water before that water is no good

1 Like

I don’t understand you talking about the domes or the cups that they’re planted in

And I’ve been having problems with my expert gorilla glue coming up. My brother I gave him a couple seeds and he had the same issue. Is there something I can do different. I can get them to germinate and I had 1 come up from the soil but died. It was in miracle gro.

1 Like

@Docnraq 0 I did get rid of that clone because I’m not going to have any room due to the size I want to grow them before I switch them to flower. Also wanted to take it off my plate. I want to feed them all the same at the same time

1 Like

Shouldnt store longer then a few days to a week without aeration. Bacteria becomes an issue. Always recheck ph too before application.

Planters

This likely the cause. Some cultivars are harder to grow then others by virtue of genetics and breeding. Generally though seeds started in low to no nute soil have a greater chance of surviving first 2 weeks. Once in veg plants are alot stouter. Seedlings are week AF!

No worries, we will pick up here and I’ll link the last part of our convo here so you can find it easily for review.

I flushed Pineapple Chunk #1 {PC1 FOR FUTURE REFERENCE} with 1/2 gallon of distilled and calmag. 375PPM 6.7PH. ran off about 3 cups. 6600PPM. forgot to text my PH of runoff. MAC #1, #2 {MC#1, MC#2} above soil. Glookies {GL#1}above soil. Waiting on expert GORILLA GLUE {GG#1} and Pineapple chunk {PC#2}. 77 degrees 58 percent room 1.
81 degrees 58 percent room 2. Sprayed domes in a.m.

1 Like

Fox farms works it into a schedule about every 4 weeks. I is both prevenative maintenance and regular action. Different ratios of nutes required at various stages of growth. Flushing helps keep that ballance.
Outside of that. If your runoff ph dips bellow 5.8, good idea to flush. Runoff isnt exact, its more like a guide. You record it, to monitor trends. If the tds drops bellow 1000, feed.

Pretty high ppm but FF OF starts high cuz its loaded with nutes. Then there is the MG. Loaded with time release nitrogen. This plant gonna be a lil difficult going forward, if she is still freaking out in a few days may need to flush out that soil more. Water ph and ppm is perfect. What was the ph of runoff?

1 Like

All looks good, next watering be sure to get that runoff ph.
Newly germed plants dont uptake water from roots till the 2nd week so keep those domes and misting the dome for a bit yet. Can take up to a week or so for seedling to come above ground.