Coast of Maine Soil

Deez thanks

I just hit 30 days on an auto and was about to hit it with COM plant food

But this am the first tiny bud appeared
Now I need to decide between the plant food v the buds and bloom

Anyway good info and thanks again

2 Likes

You’re talking about the difference between keeping it organic and not. Definitely a choice.

I think they are both organic

Buds and bloom : Fish Bone Meal (5-13-0) with 1% Calcium

Plant food Stonington Blend Plant Food ( 5-2-4 )

3 Likes

It’s all organic. :seedling: :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I’ve been using COM for the last few years in my perennial garden. And only COM for cannabis so I can’t compare it to other brands or incorporating other brands with COM but if you want my advice I would use the plant food for 1-2 feeds and then switch over to the fish bone meal for 1-2 feedings till they’re done. Oops! I lied, I do use the Down to Earth Seabird guano (I think it’s 0-11-0?) 1 feed for a final boost. I find that when using the COM you don’t have to overfeed, or water a lot and they look healthy and lush.

4 Likes

I misunderstood I thought when you said Buds Bloom you meant Bug Bud and Tiger Bloom lol

1 Like

I also have all the meals and compost Such an amazing line.

3 Likes

Here’s a Sour Diesel in 25 gallons of CoM Stonington Blend. I’ve been feeding compost tea weekly and fertilized according to the feeding schedule about two weeks ago. I’m mostly
Sticking to the schedule but They want a little more nitrogen coming into the last few weeks before full flower.

5 Likes

downbythepylons-
If your bags have the OMRI seal on them then they are organic. Buyer beware, just because it says organic doesn’t mean it is. Do your research. Know what’s in it and why it’s in it. I am still a grasshopper for sure!

2 Likes

True. Organic labeling standards are anything but standard. I’m constantly amazed Fox Farm is allowed to label in the manner they do

3 Likes

@Phungusamungus hey hate to jump in but I am getting Stonington blend an wanted to kno how it was… I bin using fox farms happy an oceans mix even added dakine420 soil to it… But nevertheless I’m trying to stay organic n wanted to try this coast of Maine how long was water only for??? An if you don’t mind me asking can you tell me how flowering was n did u need alot amendments??? Sorry but I fried myself out reading to learn n now feel like I don’t kno what I’m doing when it comes to growing!!!/

2 Likes

I’m using it in 7 gal. bags in a tent, autos. My first grow with tent, seeds and soil. So far - I’m only into day 44 am I am looking good. I’ve LSTd one White Widow, left a Blueberry and Northern Lights totally alone and had a Blueberry runt but come back REAL strong. I really like the soil. I’ve used the COM organic fertilizer once on all. Gave their worm cast once. And the 2 that are flowering now, COM Fish Meal. I’m used to outdoor grows but I really like what I’m seeing from COM and indoors! I’ve thought of trying FF HP and OF but don’t know…

3 Likes

Buck29048-
Most people would say making your own soil with local amendments is the best way to go. There are plenty of places that promote that. Build a soil is a reputable company, and I have used them. Coast of Maine has a good reputation if you buy your own soil. As far as the question of whether you have to amend it or not, you probably will. If your goal is living soil you will need to amend it to feed the microbes, who in turn feed the plants. Here is a little printout of it.

If you just want to buy a soil and be done with it then I would go with Build a soil or Coast of Maine. Hope that helps you.
Peace…

4 Likes

I’m using COM like it a lot they have a cannabis feeding schedule on there web site I stick pretty close to that along with teas

5 Likes

Day 35 of 12/12 with Coast of Maine soil and fertilizers. 8 plants, 6 different strains.

4 Likes

Looking really good

1 Like

stonington blend week 8 fall colors GDP

7 Likes

Wow! Beautiful :maple_leaf: in there! Looks like a really awesome New England autumn day in there lol. Nice job.
My white pistils have just started turning this week, getting excited! It’s happening! :crossed_fingers:t3::blush:

1 Like

What size tent? Looks real sweet!!!

1 Like

2x4 I live in a small place have that and 2 2x2’s

1 Like