BigCats perpetual grow

I’m late to the autopot discussion but if you need any help or advice I’m happy to help. What did you decide about your reservoir? I run one 13 gal for 2 plants. Good luck with them.

2 Likes

@Capt.Cola I ended up getting the 13 gallon flexitank with a 4 pot geopot system and connected it all with John guest push to connect water fitting and tested it out. No leaks so for now im gonna use my clay pebbles i ordered and then consider some air bases for when i get a setup for my flower tent. I was thinking 4 might be a bit optimistic in my 4x7 since its more like a 4x6 with my ac unit and dehumidifier in there. Been tossing up the idea of doing 3 in a straight line and vegging out a bit longer

1 Like

Seems to me like you have a solid plan. I generally try to run 4 photos in my 4x4 and it’s always a jungle

1 Like

@Pinboy i veg in my 5x5 and flower in the 4x8 but i always find myself running out of room when i veg longer than a month before flipping . This run and the last one have been rather small for what im used to but they were a lot easier to manage. Regardless im ready to make some giants this next go around

2 Likes

I hear ya. I’m still learning but generally lean towards a bit too much veg time and then have a hard time keeping up with the defoliation. For me that has led to great colas but way too much larfy lower buds

2 Likes

Day 23 in the flower tent. Today after watering i did recharge (as per usual every tuesday snd thursday) and then did a day 21 defoliation and added in the net as the super smash cake was falling all over. While cutting nugs i thoroughly inspected everything i cut and its all looking good. The sour diesel to the far left (by the dehumidifier) is getting a purple tint to the nugs. The others are all looking amazing. Did very little trimming to the far left sour diesel, red hot cookies, and super smash cake. Mostly just big leaves overhanging other nugs and they are looking mighty fine after their haircut. The one that needed the most work was the dark devil. Also now that everything is trimmed up the sour diesel in the middle is looking wimpy so i hope she fattens up nicely for me in the next month

6 Likes

Ok so heres the pests ive been battling ever since ive started growing. These things seem to be all over the wood by my washer and dryer where i have my mixing station setup and they always end up in my buckets before i water. I started to notice them more recently as they have been more prominent in my water buckets after making fresh batches. What are my options to eliminate this foe? Ive been using mosquito bits but they always reappear and have tried CJDB and lost coast plant therapy before but never routinely. Do i need to spray my buckets with CJDB (captain jacks dead bug) so they wont climb in the buckets? Should i just set up a routine IPM to eliminate this issue? @Lacewing @Caligurl @Graysin @matty777 @Retiredoldguy @Newt @Pinboy @Capt.Cola

They can usually be seen on this wooden drawer

Could these be termites?

Honestly not sure this is the first time ive actually taken a look at them closely

Heres a close up of a dead one i found in the water

I think they are springtails after watching this video on this site but it says they dont do any harm to your plants? Probably gonna get some DE to apply to the soil after watering but idk how to keep them out of my buckets for the time being

That looks very much like a termite, I think…

2 Likes

that was my first thought as well … a baby one that has not developed the cutters

3 Likes

I’m thinking about getting lady bugs. I’m ordering gnatrol. I’m right there witb ya buddy it’s so frustrating but I don’t think the misquito bits work.

2 Likes

Can you put de on the top of coco if you are top feeding. I have my auto pots covered but I want yo cover my seedlings as well.

2 Likes

Man it wouldnt surprise me if it was a termite. That wood 2x4 on the bottom is rotting away. Used to be there just for studs for drywall to be hung but the basement wasnt in great shape when we got here. It leaks everytime it rains

3 Likes

@matty777 im not sure but thats something im gonna look into

2 Likes

Thanks brother. Dude that would be a bummer if those are termites cause that’s gonna be a hard one to get rid of. You would have to make your tent fully sealed after eradicating.

3 Likes

What do you think about getting lady bugs ? Should I go for it?

2 Likes