BigCats perpetual grow

Hey there everyone. Im trying my hand at a SOG for the 1st time and would appreciate any help or criticism along the way. The strain of choice is Green Crack. 17 of the best looking clones picked out for the grow. They are currently still showing some signs of deficiency from the switchover from house and garden to jacks 321 but overall looking a whole lot better. Not sure what happened last run with my nutes but i had to throw out 7 months of progress so im hoping this run goes a lot smoother with less nutrients to complicate things. I will be running jacks 321 with silica and recharge. Currently my ladies are all on the same homemade drip tray but they will be split up by same size on another homemade drip tray 9 on one and 8 on the other. Now some things to mention beforehand. 1 my tent is not very tall. I have an overall height of 52 inches to my light not accounting for the needed light gap (12-16 inches) the ladies in the tent now will probably be flipped this week or next due to that. 2 still trying to figure out what ppm i should be feeding at for jacks 321 im currently around 1000-1100 with my mix. 3 today im going to put mosquito bits on top of the medium for each plant as i saw 2 flying around the other day but lost track of them. 4 there are some clones a week or 2 older than the others i do believe there are 5-6 bigger than the rest which might need trained or ill have to find a way to slow down growth. A lot ive learned is from @Hellraiser @Arrow @beardless and many more im sure im forgetting to mention. Feel free to invite others or just tag along yourself as we go on this learning adventure together. Ill update this post with current pictures when i get home and try to have my setup posted in here before then

5 Likes

1 Like

The grow medium will be canna coco coir bricks mixed with a tiny bit of earthworm castings rehydrated in jacks 321 and going into 1 gal fabric pots. The plants are all about 1 month to a week old and coming back from my house and garden fu** up. Ill be using my new bluelab meter and trying to calibrate it bi weekly at least. Currently in the process of trying to tie in my HVAC to the 2 tents (veg- 5x5x6 flower-8x4x6 drying 4x4x6) and have my portable unit be used for the drying tent. Currently all plants are in their final 1 gal pots and looking really healthy besides some burnt tips. The sunset sherbert just starting popping up yesterday. Im getting excited for this next run with high hopes that the jacks 321 will do me and my plants good. The lights in my flower tent are 2 ROI e720 growers choice and 2 uvb and uva. Veg tent lights are 2 marshydro ts3000w and a 4 in ac infinity. Harvest tent is just a 4 inch ac infinity and an inkbird controller for humidity hooked up to my dehumidifier and humidifier

4 Likes

3 Likes

Now they need to be cleaned up and prepped for the flip. Time for a haircut and swap of drip trays to turn on both lights and get this rocking n rolling

4 Likes

This drip tray above used to be a rolling cart to hang your clothes on that broke and i repurposed it for my tent

3 Likes

Just got done hooking up the HLG UVA bars and switched my timers to 12/12. Since its getting close to 90 about everyday ill be running my lights 6pm-6am. I’ll also be running UVA (12on/12off) till the last 3 weeks of flower when i switch to UVB (3on/21off). Im not expecting a crazy yield from this but its a fun experiment to run to get me some supply while i grow out my other 3 sunset sherbert ladies for max yield

2 Likes

The sunset sherbert ladies found their new home in the veg tent

2 Likes

Hvac tied into the tents now. This will help out majorly on my power bill to keep my portable ac unit from running nonstop and keep my veg tent cool as thats been a problem in summer in the past. Also an update on the ladies

2 Likes

Lots of ladies you have there. Nice set up. You are going to have a forest, for sure. Happy daze!
kOLxBgO4L0208

2 Likes

Thank you! These ladies are shooting up real quick ever since the change to jacks i knew I’d have to flip soon if i wasnt going to train them

1 Like

Misted the baby sunset sherberts this morning and checked the tents temp and humidity as i was worried about the veg tent dipping below 70 and it seems they are both holding at a steady 70 and 60 so thats awesome. Its always nice when something goes as planned

2 Likes

Watered the flower tent and saw some leaves making a v shape and showing deficiency signs but not exactly sure what it is but fans were pointed directly at them. The little ones seemed to be stretching towards the light so i dialed the intensity up a bit. Currently feeding 6 ml silica, 18 grams part A, 6 grams epsom salt, and 12 grams part B and mixing in that order

This leaf specifically by the pink pipe cleaner was feeling dryer than the others

1 Like

Checked everything again this morning. Temps and humidity were good. Flower tent has a small green light coming from a power strip and more small green lights coming from the dehumidifier that i covered. Not sure if that would of caused an issue as ive heard green lights dont bother plants but i wasnt wanting to risk it

1 Like

Im at my dads doing work for him last night and then again today and was cracking his stem to strengthen it for him and noticed the main is split into 3. I asked him has he ever trained it he said hes never even watered it (which is good his city water smells like a city pool just rieks of chlorine) that he just threw a seed in the ground in hopes it would grow. He doesn’t even know anything about the seed lol. Its doing good tho and looks pretty cool

4 Likes

Checked on the ladies today and im starting to think i have a potassium problem by the looks of it

1 Like

So for my potassium deficiency i added more silica. Was thinking maybe part A had potassium too as it has soluable potash but i knew for sure silica has the potassium i need so i started there with 2 more ml per 5 gal. So overall its 8 ml per 5 gal batch now. Also trimmed up the lower branches that werent gonna make it to the top canopy. Last watering i fed with recharge so hopefully between that and the silica my ladies will look a bit better. And my babies are doing good. The tallest one had water on each of its 2 leaf ends and got a burn from the light so ive been making sure there arent any water droplets on them anymore. The other ones are doing good

2 Likes

Just a quick check on the ladies this morning. Tonight or tomorrow ill end up moving the top net on the right setup higher up to try and control those far right 3 bigger plants

2 Likes

@Docnraq @MidwestGuy @beardless @Aussie_autos @Myfriendis410 what do yall think about my ladies so far?

2 Likes

Looking good keep it up

2 Likes