BigCats perpetual grow

Just ordered gnatrol.

2 Likes

Looks like termite larva to me

2 Likes

@matty777 Ive had ladybugs before and they worked out pretty good just a pain to clean up later. Thanks for the input @Graysin @Newt @Retiredoldguy ill try to get something to treat that

2 Likes

Not a termite. I would go with spring tail. Termites have choppers, their heads are much larger and/or a different color from the body. And termites don’t have those eyes and mouthparts are internal (why there are no chompers

Here is a pic of a a springtail

2 Likes

http://extension.msstate.edu/newsletters/bug’s-eye-view/2019/springtails-vol-5-no-4

1 Like

Thats what i thought too @Caligurl. They hop in the water too which fits the springtail description. I think either way DE will kill both just need to really look into the instructions as im in flower and dont want to do anything wrong. I would just be top dressing with DE after watering is my guess

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d have to look that up but I would probably water first, sprinkle the DE but scratch it in a little bit so it’s on top ad just under the surface.

2 Likes

Alright so day 31 in the flower tent. I swear ive been seeing some foxtails but ive dropped the intensity from 60% to 45%. They were around 650 umols and now around 460-500 umols so whats going on? @matty777 @GreggT @Graysin @Caligurl Not enough light? Too much light? Filling out awkwardly? Beats me but feel free to shoot me your opinions. Been dropping the temp down to bring our colors and so far i have 1 sour diesel turning purple from humboldts. Other than all that i swapped out a majority of my autopot lines for john guest lines and left the autopot lines instead of using elbows but i like the look a lot better. I also got my cinder blocks for the res stands so im totally ready to rock and roll. Ive been having @CoyoteCody work on some headlight vapor covers for me and he so graciously sent me some of his own work and im gonna feature it in my next grow. I have 3 of the 4 strains picked out that i want to grow. Freakshow, zkittles, and mignight snack (from coyotecody). The 4th one will either be vanilla creme pie or blue dream fast by an unknown breeder as a freebie

4 Likes

Just filling out awkwardly imo
Weird bud structure is common.

3 Likes

@Graysin so would i be safe to turn the intensity back up to an average 600 umols or more? I turned it down because we were worried about foxtailing

5 Likes

I would turn your intensity back to where it was. Common with some strains.

2 Likes

Same. I’m more afraid of wispy bud than I am of foxtailing

7 Likes

Those autos are looking beautiful brother. I might have to try me an auto run now that I know how to grow :joy:

2 Likes

Alright so the next run has been determined! Dropped the seeds just now and we will be starting in 1 gal pots. Waiting on some more clay pebbles to start the autopot setup but it will be a bit before thats needed

7 Likes

Well the seeds all have little tails popping out as of last night so im gonna have @SparkUp plant them for me this morning. Planning to start in 1 gallon and go to 5 gal. Tossed the idea of using clay pebbles as i would of needed 12 more lbs as 4lbs was 2 inches and at $25 for 4lbs or wound up getting another brand so i figured id be better off with the airbases anyways so i went ahead and ordered 8 air bases and im gonna use my clay pebbles for my potted blueberry plant when i transplant it to a 10 gal rain science bag. I also ordered extra top and bottom silicone floats 12 ea and then got my other 4 pot autopot system. $1000 later im rocking and rolling auto style lol. Im excited to get this all setup and going and im hoping for a much easier time next run where i have more time to fine tune any known or unknown issues to make everything go as smoothly as possible

5 Likes

I would be getting rid of all the bugs with some spray and keep that light cranked up. You want nice dense buds and enough light is key to getting that. I’m with @Graysin and would prefer some foxtailing over fluffy buds!

4 Likes

@Capt.Cola thanks for the input. Ive been trying to use DE 1x a week after watering with a light dusting then scratching the top medium and mixing it in a bit and hitting it again with a light dusting. Still seeing the pests in the water so i think if i keep applying DE the powder will eventually get into or on the buds and more than likely ill need to do a bud wash but i wasnt sure what everyones input on that is. Current got my light at 65% about 600 avg umols across the canopy and about 670-690 umols in the middle. Not sure if i should creep up to the 1000 umols point or stay where im at as autos are calling for a bare minimum of 600 umols in flower

4 Likes

@BigCat420 man, your plants are looking great. I have just finished building some large trimming trays. Built with tennessee red cedar, they measure 10 x 10 inches and have 2 stainless steel screens, 220 and 74 micron. Heavy duty, will last for many years.

They have a real pot leaf epoxyed into box lid. They will be available on ebay within a couple weeks. $ 195 without leaf, $225 with leaf.

5 Likes

Thank you @Dj351 much appreciated! Ill have to look into those boxes they look awesome. Beautiful craftsmanship!

2 Likes

Seeds have been transplanted! Meet the new ladies!!

5 Likes