Berry Bomb and Iced Widow Flowering grow Journal

Lolipop is trimming everything but the top 8-10" as I said this means any branch that doesn’t make that range any leaf bud what have you

I clone all my large trimming just as practice. Waste not want not!

1 Like

@stan , the reason Most try to avoid pruning the shade leave’s is they are the heart & lungs of your plant , when you trim them off you’ll see how much they slow down for a week or two … then they’ll begin trying to replace them to some degree …in stead try this Tuck and fold them out of the way … Only trim If absolutely necessary to get lite to penetrate . next stagger the buckets better ,( right side front & rear moved out to the corners .

Can you put bulk head fittings into place as to make them easer to drain ??
Also ive found it a good idea to utilize trimming the lowest branches off if weak and spindly. Or trim all the lower fluff off. But leave the 2 upper nodes alone . As

As @Donaldj said .
Next you’ll have to support them girls soon . so if your gonna change , how you do water changes ,do it soon .
And last Your PH looks to be out a little bit (lower leaf edges ) PS. take picts in natural lite of with hid’s off and use a flash and tripod .and timer . If can .:wink:
Hammer .

Muddduck1 .As a personnel preference .i take my clones off of the top part of the branch . Althogh any part can be cloned . I do this as it give’s me a better more robust clone faster .
Hammer .

Yes clones can be taken that way . But It’s worth the full mention , that itll add 3-4 weeks onto the growing and slow rooting way down . as the plant has to Re veg . And grow roots. makeing sure to mention keeping them on a 18/6 schedule with lites in the 6000 K range . Right Yoshi ??
Hammer .

I’m just trying to get my cloning skillz down pat. While I convince my wife in need 2 grow rooms. To shorten our harvest cycle. We both smoke so I have too come up with a QP every 4 weeks or we have to buy

Already put under 2 42w cfls on 24/0. Using wash room for clones just hung light from shelf over dryer with clones on dryer. Getting 2nd grow room 1 way or another

I cannot answer this Hammer , I’m a beginner so I have no idea about this matter , sorry I wish I had the answers but you’ll have to ask the forum mentors on this my friend sorry , I just know what I be trying to do in my lil space .

@Hammer yea you are right about my ph the last week or so of veg I wasn’t around much so PH got a little funky and leaves been same since but have been on ph pretty much every day since sending into flower, also as far as water situation goes I got another hydro system I’m getting ready to order that will have a res tank on it. Just gotta come up with the $$ to order first. Just dropped 1800$ on 3 new p600’s that will hopefully be here sometime next week. I did how ever try something just as an experiment, I lollipoped one of my ice widows and trimmed a few fan leaves off of it to open it up a lot more to the light. Am gonna compare the buds and yield at the end to the other 4 iced widows that are about the same size but I did not trim them. Figured it was worth it to loose a little bit of bud off one plant or possibly gain depending on the outcome! Either way will give me something to document and keep me busy. Thanks for all your help and everyone else’s this community is truly awesome.

1 Like

@Iva thank you so much for the information I wish I would of found you a couple of days ago, but I’ve already ordered 3 platinum P600’s got a decent deal on them at least well for how pricey they are. Got over 200$ off using coupon codes and since I ordered 3 that was a discount also. Am kind of excited and since I’ll be saving $ on electric the rest of the month once they get here ima run both my hoods at 1000 until they do.
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

@stan I think the platinum led’s by advance is the old 3 watt diode technology before Paul and Mike split in business but still have shared marketing rights on the name advance led . I think the new 5 watt Cree and Osram and 10 watt Cree and Osram in the Diamond Series XML (DS XML ) by Advance LED or the XTE Led lights are much stronger and better than the old version platinum I think , but I hope you run two of the led lights with a HPS hood in the middle for flowering , you cannot go wrong with that light setup …super buds !!!

The platinum series wins when it comes to intensity I’ve been talking to both companies over last week or 2 and they even agree on that but the xte and xml both beat the platinum in coverage but since I’m replacing HPS I’m going for intensity. However i do plan on getting a DS 300 ex-veg light in a month or 2 to try out the veg light that advanced has will use one or 2 of those in my veg tent then 2 or 3 of the platinums in the flower tent with cfls.

@yoshi and I might try the 2 LEDS and one hood to finish this run not sure yet but do you know or anyone else know some good cfl lights to get off amazon to use with my LEDS? I need ones for veg and bloom I saved like 2-300$ using discount codes when I ordered the platinums!! so figured I’d get some while I had a little unexpected cash

So got bored tonight and got in there and started moving some plants around and decided to take a picture of just the berry bomb cause pictures with the others in it don’t do it justice. Puts the monster in monster cropping!!

Couple pics of the bigger buds on her around day 25 flowering. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Man she’s gorgeous!!! Great job not too long now

3 Likes

@Donaldj hey man sorry to bother you so much but you’ve been really helpful so far along with a bunch of other people but I’m wondering if you could help steer me in the right direction for some CFL lights to go with my p600’s that should be here this week not sure wattage or anything to go with.

what’s your goal side lighting? Either way you don’t need to be super fussy with CFL’s Bright white or daylight both will do the trick for side lighting veg and flower and can be cheap household cfls

1 Like

These are some off the strongertype cfls bro these 2 are 2x 110watts and i must say there 1 white widow auto underneath the both cfls and i have 20 other plants under metalhalide bulb off 600watts and they arent growing that easy the cfls make it very easy 4 yo ladies and they hang about 2.5inches away veryclose and almost no heat… hopd this hellps you can buy the cfls from 10watts till 150 are the biggest here in 1piece…

Not sure just seen a lot of people who use LEDS use Cfls I was thinking, Maybe hang down and put in between plants or just to have another lights spec is good I heard. I have my 1000w hoods they just jack up the electric so damn much that’s y I’m switching to led but if you think the platinums will do just fine without the CFLS I would take your word for it. Just don’t know to much about them or LEDS anything my friends have ever done has always been HPS/MH and this is my first run at growing so all new to me

@stan How many cfls you add and what wattage greatly depends on how you plan to use them and how much the circuit you want them on can bear Volts divided by Watts equals Amps and most CFL’s are marked as compared to standard.
Lol love when people get into power use comparisons CFL’s and HID are both calculated the same for growing true watts per sqft if you want efficient 600w HID puts out most lumens per watt besides that you’ve already hit the nail on the head with LED