Berry Bomb and Iced Widow Flowering grow Journal

Biggest reason people compliment leds with CFL’s is side lighting additional light angles for greater penetration led’s are more pinpoint focussed light

Same thing here first grow and you know what at first i was sceptic about the cfls… i was like thinking what the hell everybodys talking about these small cfls lights and i didnt use them. Butt they are so cheap you know and 1 day at the hardware store i saw them with another extra discount and got 2times 110 watts for 5 $ soooo… thats so damn cheap i just couldnt ignore these small lights anymore lol. I had the idea off getting 1 auto in my tent wich i purchased way to small by accident and without knowing it had to be normally 150 by 150 by 300 lol so i put the white widow auto in it and the plan is to keep it small enough so it can stay in the tent butt i want it to get 1 big fat odory big bud to come so iff you know ways to help me with that i wouldve love to hear about that! 1nyways i put the 2times 110watts above the autoflower and now its 3 days in there and is growing better,faster,bigger,healthyer then the others lmfao so i really csn recommend it even iff its just to put m in between your plants to light the lower branches that doesnt get the light they need off the 1000watts lamp above them or you can use m to let seedlings get big enough for mh or hps lights or just adding loads off them to get more light and better healthy stronger plants in veg time and about LEDS i dont know shit about wouldnt even know wich one is for veg or bloom dont know any difference or info about themm but would like to get some real good intel on that cuzz metalhalide and hps for 20ladies gona put my electrical billd through the roof you know thats a reason enough for me to ask for help getting the right leds i need them and have about 300$ to spend looking or hoping to get between 600 znd 1500watts all colors for grow and bloom also with the right ballasts for it so i can buy it all together… thx in advance brother happy grow! @stan

Yea that’s what I was maybe thinking of doing was hanging them in between my plants like 1 between 4 but I also been looking at these led strips out now that could be used for same thing just a little more $ and but they don’t have Circular output like the CFLS do. I don’t know maybe I’ll just wait till LEDS get here and see how well they cover the plants. Just so many options and different little tweaks ya can make to possible increase yield.

Lol a CFL marked 150 watts has a true wattage way lower and you will always hear the same quote 45 true watts min per sqft a 100w cfl is typically 23w so you would need 2 or more per sqft around 18 for a 3x3 space they have poor light penetration need to be close to plants but are nice for adding side lighting to compliment other lights

1 Like

@Matt_auto If I were you and you were looking to switch to LEDS for about 300$'s I would go with mars Hydro they have great ratings now for price and awesome customer support( have talked to them ) I went with platinum but they are pretty pricey but I used some of my Christmas bonus on them ahaha but yea mar hydro seen a lot of grows off them online and they are affordable as hell im gonna get a 2 pack of them for my auto tent I think and try them out.

2 Likes

I think imma go and look to those leds now mars hydro youve said gonna look for some reviews and hopefully some movies butt wath i still dont know is if youre working with led lights can you use them for both veg and blooming period?what kind off ballasts do you need on them?what you guys like better analog ballast(old types) or newer electrical with casing around wires just plug and play cuzz i have the old ones you can connect youself and connect cables youself and makes it easy for length off electrical cables etc?how you guys using leds?do i need extra heating iff leds doesnt give the heat my MH BULB gives?? Thanks in advance guys veeeeery helpful!! And @Donaldj these cfls package said that the lights were about 23watts each butt gives light intensity like a 110watts lamp…so the guy from electrostore said but he doesnt know why i use them soo… lol have 2 on 1 white widow auto plant and these lights are doing a fantastic job i like them gonna check these leds out first

As I said 23 true watts and to our eyes they give the light intensity of 110 but you are missing the term “true watts” and lumen is what matter even if a 23 watt cfl puts out 1600 lumen it would take you how many to add up to the 36,000 lumen of a single 400w MH? or a single 600w MH at nearly 60’000 lumen and I am refering to low end averages and just MH bulbs vs cfls not HPS which is more intense “Brand New HIGH OUTPUT 600 watt High Output HPS bulb emits 95,000 lumens - standard 600w HPS bulbs which emit only 72,000 lumens.”
The biggest reason people steer away from HID is they have shorter bulb life and produce more heat than LED’s yet the LEd growers still use true watts for math too :wink: and need 2 units or a 1000w unit to compare to a single 600w HID. However when you factor in heat control and bulb replacements that’s where savings come in.

@Matt_auto The advantages of led is that they do not have to have ballasts like HPS or HID lights. Also most all LEDS come with full spectrum for bloom and veg epecially mars so you should be good there just need to figure out which model u use. I see a lot of people that use the mars 300 and 700 but there’s a lot better of people to help u with buying LEDS I just know mars is one of the best cheaper LEDS to get, from all the reviews I’ve watched.

1 Like

thank you a lot @Donaldj cleared things up for me, am gonna wait to order any cfls till I see how well my platinums cover I will have a p600 for every 2 plants to finish this flower out which should be pretty intense and I can dim my HPS down to 600 watts also to help with side lighting if needed but I plan on selling my hoods after harvest depending on how well I like my LEDS. I’ll be ordering 2 tents so I can get some cycles going on but that’s a lil further down the road and we will cross it when the time comes. Thank u also @Matt_auto and happy b day again!! Hope u enjoyed it.

2 Likes

lol almost need to clean up my posts I hope didn’t confuse anyone lmao

1 Like

I had to read them a couple times to get it but that’s just cause I’m new to the light terminology but other then that I got what u was saying. :+1:

lux lumen par lol most lights take the guess work out of it with words like full spectrum it’s only when you are fighting for that extra .2 grams a watt that you’ll start getting all anal in researching all the extra terms and comparisons why 1 bulb is better than another when they are exact same watts. Just remember true watts and you are golden

2 Likes

@Donaldj hey sorry to bother you again but wondering if you know if white widows are late bloomers, just seems like my berry bomb is so far ahead of the iced widows for starting 12/12 @ same time an having roughly the same estimated flower period. I figured iced widows are probably pretty close to white widows when it comes to flowering and when they get the majority of its bulk.

@garrigan62 is quite familiar with this strain probably better person to ask than I I tend to grow indica doms

@stan,

YES

White Widow seems to take forever. I grew it
for quit some time. And be grew it for some time so I do know for a fact

Will

Hey guys just wanted to ask yall what you guys thknk is the fastest strain around feminised zutoflower doesnt mather just curious wich one the fastest from seed to harvest and wich strain takes longest?? Greetings fellow growers!

Morning Matt,

I got some great into on fast auto’s.
As you know I doing a grow as of the first of the year. And I was wondering the same thing and boy I found some very interesting plants.
I’ll be more than happy to pass my finding on to you if you want.

Will.

4 Likes

@garrigan62 & @Donaldj thanks you guys I was thinking that it took a little longer but just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I’ve been doing to it. Also I would love to hear your info on autos also garrigan as Matt has read my mind i just literally ordered a small tent to fit 2 autos in it right before checking website here and was wondering which ones are good ones to get!

Thanks again!!

1 Like

Wrong topic

Stan,

Follow this link you can talk to me there ok

Garrigan62

1 Like