Berry Bomb and Iced Widow Flowering grow Journal

I have one and this is stan’s journal?

sry…Little confused

likewise I see his name as first post lol

I did start this one I think, now I’m confused haha, yea this is the one I started had me thinking I posted under the wrong topic this morning I was 1/2 awake when I posted lol

Some update pics starting to look yummy!!

1 Like

Look like you gone be stringing up some heavy droppy colas there my friend later on in flower .

Yea I figured I was gonna have to. That last pic is my one plant of berry bomb and it just keep growing and growing, think there’s like 8+ separate top colas to that plant. Wish I had 5 of the berry bomb and one of the iced widows but I think the iced widow just takes longer to show as much as the berry bomb is showing now.

So I was going through my phone today and found some pictures of the plants while they were in veg so I figured I’d humor you guys and add some pics of the grow earlier on.

This was a little bit after i purchased the clones from my friends uncle an before I purchased my HPS and they use to be in soil before I transferred them into DWC that was a project all in itself.

That is my one berry bomb about 2-3 weeks after purchasing.

Wish I would of sent into flowering a little bit earlier they are starting to take over my room lol but it will be worth it in the long run hopefully with some big ass colas. First time grower so have no idea what to expect from looking at them but they look good,smell good and are growing like crazy so have high hopes for them all. This is about day 20 started on 11/15 but forgot to count the transition time which was about 5 days before starting to show so l call flowering day one as 11/20 to make it easy. No problems yet except my cat jumped on my portable ac an turned it to dehumidifier setting and the bucket closest to the ac dried out an wilted the plant all within 10-12 hrs. So I woke up added water to it along with some organic rescue mist and it turned right back around luckily. But here’s the girls

1 Like

Here’s some girls I took a couple weeks ago for my next crop was waiting for my strawberry kush seeds to get here that my wife picked out and ordered but they must have got hit in customs or something so support staff had to resend but I’m not to upset seeing as I still have plants to run and this forum rocks so it makes up for it, just sucks I can’t enter these in bud of month comp. but anyways this time I’m running 5 Iced widows and 1 berry bomb. So next time yup u guessed it lol I’m gonna run 5 berry bomb and 1 iced widow so here’s some of the candidates in the running always pick the best ones then give left over to friends normally.

Starting to run outta room gonna have to buy or make some new pots to put them in soon.

Man if you added 2 cheap LED with them HPS hoods you would not be disappointed in that harvest , oh my I cannot wait to do HPS / LED ?

1 Like

Im actually switching to led this week I get paid Wednesday then I’m ordering 3-4 p600’s and some 250 cfls to replace my Hoods

Don’t replace them …no unless cost is excessive . But if you can manage , I would look into a small generator that will power just your grow space to save on electric , are a solar panel with transfer switch that will save on running cost , but you’ll have to invest on those options which will pay for itself in 3-4 grows on electricity ? But I would run both HPS / LED . Now if you taking your hoods out , you still can used your HPS builds hanging vertically with a drop light with LED’S in case mounting space is an issue with your Cfl’s the same way and man you will have every light color spectrum cover and the Led’s will help build density , resin quality , OMG that would be some huge big fat dense colas …Holy Crap I cannot wait for spring so I can try this lighting combination .

Hes already burning a 1000 watts HPS not sure they need any more lite at all . but a application of panda plastic would be a cheap &productive choice over more unneeded lites ’
Hammer

2 Likes

Actually I run my 2 hps’s at 1000watts for about 2 hours then the rest of time I dim it down to 750 just cause of electricity and that’s the reason I’m switching to LEDS. I can run twice the lights for 2/3 of the cost it takes to run my hoods at 750 and still have some wattage left over for my CFL’s I’m gonna get. I do how ever plan on buying a quiet house generator here in the next month or so to run that room off of to stay off the grid as much as possible.

as for panda plastic I almost bought some at beginning of grow but I plan on getting 2 5x5 tents after this crop so didn’t wanna waste the cash on it. I do how ever have an IR thermo heat blocker foil I bought from a grow store around me that’s supposed to block the heat rays that helicopters are looking for people growing in houses. Just been to lazy to put it all up think I got like 2 strips of it up and I have enough to do the whole room ceiling included.

So probably a stupid question @Hammer @Donaldj @yoshi @hillcrest21678 but my iced widow plants are sooo bushy on top and I had had a net running through it but being DWC without a res. Bucket I have to pick up my net pots and switch water physically so I took the netting out till next run and I get a new system or modify this one but my question is my plants are SOOOO bushy that it doesn’t seem like light is penetrating as much on the buds further down as it should be even at 1000w an everyone always says DONT trim leaves on flowering plants so what do I do any ideas? Anyone?

People say there’s no such thing as to bushy but I counted tonight the smallest plant has 13 main colas that are all within an inch of each others height and biggest one has like 18 or so which makes it tight and hard for light to penetrate.

1 Like

I lolipop trim to let light in and if you used a pump you could empty buckets in place and fill them too the reason many say don’t trim is you can learn what gets good light and what doesn’t what will produce good bud and what won’t. This lets you determine what to trim during future grows but don’t be scared to prune I cut anything under 10-12" of the canopy that is simply taking energy from the plant or yellowing

@Donaldj What do you mean by lollipop trim? Think I might now but just wanna be sure before I jump in there haha

I do what’s best to my knowledge in my grow , maybe one of thEd professionals will help you decide , I’m just a well informed rookie . But just an hour ago I cut about 11 clone stalks from my flowering plant with small buds developing , Why cause why feed nutrients to a small popcorn bud during flower when the plant can used that to fill out the main cola on that stalk branch . It’s your decision not a wrong or right way Sir !!!

2 Likes