Autoflower close to harvest?

Checking in on how she looks to you? I’m thinking 1-2 more weeks?

4 Likes

Id say you need a few more weeks. We need a close up of the trichomes. Looking for mostly cloudy. I’d say there is still alot of clear.

Dang sorry, I didn’t see you posted 23 days ago… I’d say you’re good… Lol

I took these yesterday day- what do you think now?

1 Like

Pistol ls are red now, and they fattened up ans are looking frosty… Can your phone zoom In more? Like this… I just hate to see you chop early. I can’t get it close enough with my phone. But I have a microscope that attaches to the phone for pics. And I have a Jeweler’s loop to keep an eye on trichomes… I like some amber.

Mostly cloudy, and some amber…

2 Likes

So, I have something that attaches to my phone for pics but it’s not working like I expected. I’ll try again in the am in natural light- then two days of dark, chop and hang upside down in the dark for a week, put in a paper bag for a week and then to mason jars to burp daily? Sometimes it’s info overload!

1 Like

I let mine hang for 2 weeks as a whole plant, cooler temps are better. You want it to dry out slowly. Low and slow. That’s what will keep the smell and flavor. I try and keep it no higher than 60/65% humidity. If you’re higer than that it maybe better to take the branches off the main stalk. Once they’re dry good I stick them in Mason jars and burp in the morning and burp at night for a week or 2. Then I put 62% humidity bags in the jars. If you have them inside the house where the ac is running it will dry them faster… And you times my differ from mine some. I only fill my jars up 1/2 way or just a little more… If you fill them up when burping it keeps more moisture in there and you can get white mold.
Here’s a few ways I dry. Depending on how much I have and if I bud wash or not.

1 Like

These are the humidity packs… Just depends on how much you have if not that much and you’ll smoke it right up you can pass on these but for longer storage they help.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JV27MF4/ref=cm_sw_r_apap_stSxQkns6q7pz

1 Like

Nice info! This is as good as I could get- I’m seeing mostly cloudy - most thc. Would you agree from what you can see? I only grew the one as a trial run this time I did pot for pot so I think it was a time release soil and she is dying from lack of nutrients- I think with the leaves turning yellow- do you think I can push her 1 more week?

5 Likes

The best I can see it looks pretty cloudy, looks like some clear still. I definitely think you could do another week. As the plant starts getting closer to her end it starts consuming itself. The leaves will start turning and dying… The more amber the more couch lock. Pictures are kinda blurry but if u can see the amber on the buds u know it’s close. Leaves will have it first. I know it’s very hard to hold the camera still that close… I struggle with it too… Lol this close to finishing… Just feed her water… I’ll tag you in journal if it will help. She looks good bro. You did a good job, it’s Always exciting to make it to the end! :+1::+1::fire::grin:

1 Like

I can’t believe I’m making it to the end! So this is a 1:1 gold leaf and an auto- germinated end of January- does it seem waaaay off schedule to be finishing up still? :grimacing:I’m worried about her! Are you using a jewelers loop for your pics? I’m trying to figure that all out! Also do you automate the temp and Rh?

1 Like

Yes I have a Jeweler’s loop just to look at trichomes. I take pictures with cheap microscope. I’ll send u a link. And yes I have a inkbird controller to control temp and RH. Now it’s warming up it turns on my exhaust fan when over 87 degrees. And it turns the humidifier on and off trying to stay around 60/65% RH

1 Like

I just chopped my 5 I started end of January so you’re good and time will vary based on genetics environment stuff like that. Man you’ll be successful… Its looking ok. They can take alot… They’re weeds… Lol

2 Likes

I just looked up the inkbird- I think that is a must for my next grow- I’m thinking of some northern light autos and a few 1:1 autos… so yes, I will want to get that ASAP- your journal grow was impressive! I grow in a 3x3 space right now. What do you have in your grow space- humidifier, dehumidifier (?) air conditioner or just fans? What size humidifier do you have? I will also get that magnifier- I couldn’t believe how I could not take a good shot to save my life!! Thanks so much for the info!!

1 Like

Thank you, I’m just learning the inside Thing too. I’ve had some problems but still had good bud and yield for the little bonsai plants I grew… Lol

Here’s the dehumidifier I have. It does great bought it at Walmart somewhere arou $159 I think. I’ll run it and the exhaust in warmer months, and humidifier and heater in cold months. This will my first summer in this new room. So we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD843ZM/ref=cm_sw_r_apap_JRGabxz93ZbQQ

This is what I use to take pictures with and this is what I look at them with
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078N34WZR/ref=cm_sw_r_apap_w2MwMFyhnzaXY

Well I Just got the loop and magnifier on amazon for delivery tomorrow!! Your grow room is great! Mine is in my living room. 3x3 4 in inline exhaust fan,duct and carbon filter. I did this grow through pot for pot so everything I needed came in the box- so I guess In some ways this will be my first grow! Lol. I’ve taken note to temp and RH but some of the time it’s not been ideal so looking forward to nailing that on this one! I was considering using the grow tent for the curing this round- but am trying to figure out timing for the germination of my next grow… they will also need the tent… Any advice? Thanks again!!!

1 Like

It’s hard with the crazy weather and temp swings to maintain a solid 80° 65%RH it goes a little lower at night but not above. When I drop seeds. I stick them in between paper towels and stick them Inside a zip lock bag it you have different seeds I mark on the sides I have them to so they don’t get mixed up. Usually only takes 3/4 days to open I like them to be and 1/4" long or so. Then put the in the forever home with autos and cover with clear cups. So it doesn’t take long to get them going. I usually start before I finish Ive been lucky to be about to put them in their own space but you could put them In with the big girl for a few days when you get ready to harvest

1 Like

Took a few with the magnifying camera- I think mostly cloudy- I don’t see amber yet at all. Love the items! Thanks for the advise! image

4 Likes

Still some clear. I’d say you have a few weeks. Just keep checking. You’ll see amber on leaves first usually starting at the top. Ooo man you’re getting closer brother… You’ll have a good haul :+1::+1::+1::beers::beers:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll be on the lookout! Is it cool if the leaves are all pretty much dead by the time we chop? Lol! Can’t wait to have the final product!

1 Like