Autoflower close to harvest?

Hi guys,
First grow- gold leaf 1:1 autoflower did the pot for pot so in soil grow tent 600 LED lights- been flowering since 3/14 (April). What will I be looking for to know it’s ready to harvest? Also if there is any great advice on how to proceed or best products out there for harvesting. Thanks in advance for all your help!

4 Likes

Get yourself a loop and watch the tricomes and when they go cloudy I most times gave them two more weeks

2 Likes

Like a tomato loop? Not sure what you mean? Thanks

1 Like

Jeweler’s loupe. Amazon has them cheap. From pictures, I’m going to say at least another month or more. Doesnt appear any pistils have changed color. Alot of white. A clean/clear close up pic of a bud would help

3 Likes

Will do when I get home later- I did get a mag clip on for photos on my phone with pot for pot- so I’ll try that first! Thank you so much for the help!

1 Like

No problem, she looks good and seems to be shaping up to be some big dense buds. The buds will keep getting fatter as the weeks pass. Especially the last couple of weeks

1 Like

So excited! Thanks so much!

This is what mine is looking like at week 8. I’m still estimating another 3-4 weeks to go before she is done

12 Likes

Oh wow! So pretty!!

2 Likes

Is she an auto? Is there any real danger of becoming over ripe and loosing potency?
Thanks!

There is a possibility of that happening but you are a long way from that point.

7 Likes

So great! So thankful for this- can’t wait to see how it plays out!

1 Like

@Marchellammck
Looks like you have a beautiful plant that should have a decent yield of bud. Good job, you have quite a ways to go yet. She should fill out nicely. Keep up the good work and asking questions.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a gelato auto and I’m saying 8 weeks old. Its actually 10 weeks above ground but I allow time for transition from seedling to veg. Veg to flower. Always listen to your plant. When your pistils are 50/50 or 70/30 orange/white… start checking your trichomes often for a better feel on how much longer you have for the effect you are wanting out of it. Go by the chart provided, Its a great tool to have in your arsenal. I’ll post a couple more useful charts when I get time.
Ps… when you do get to the point of checking trichomes you need to make sure your looking at the trichomes on the buds not the sugar leafs. They ripen faster on the leaf

3 Likes

How did I do?? Also for sure a Fem? Thanks again for weighing in!

6 Likes

I’m a little confused by this- by sugar leaf is that the crystallized leaves close to the bud sites? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Bingo. You have trichome development going on now and yes, most definitely a girl. Congrats. Last pic are calyx. What are you growing in (soil,coco) … do you have nutrients for flower? Also, those are exactly the types of close up pics to take. Always keep it in natural light and one pic of the whole plant

Pretty girl you have there! Your in flower for sure!!! Your in great hands here :wink: Can’t wait to see her develop some nice buds for ya :v:

2 Likes

Soil and coco- I have not used any fertilizer yet-I am sure that was a miss. I was a little confused with what we mixed with the pot for pot stuff so I held off- for my next grow I plan to get and mix my own soil, fertilizer and be way more on top of my grow notes- this was a complete learning situation. I’ll do it again in the AM with natural light. :innocent:

1 Like

Good looking lady.

1 Like