Wwa & cbd-First week! Progress pics šŸ˜

Thatā€™s where I bought my 2 big ole bricks Iā€™m about to rehydrate my 2nd for my 4th grow basically just soak it in water, strain , then put them in your fabric pots then soak them up to soil level with water with 3x the dose on the bottle of cal mag to buffer it drain then buffer it a second time , drain and itā€™s ready to go Heres a more in depth guide

4 Likes

@GreenSnek thank you! I have been reading all I can and havenā€™t read anywhere to buffer it twice :woman_facepalming: This is why I need you :joy: does the cal mag last the whole growing period? I read that coco holds iron too. Looks like I will have to rethink my nutrients when i try it. Iā€™m still just using Walmart/Home Depot nutrients. Do you use anything special for your coco grows?

1 Like

I would look into Jackā€™s Nutrients. With coco your feeding every time you give them water. And honestly I would mix up a batch of nutrients to rehydrate the coco with.

5 Likes

Nah cal mag is just to bind to the potassium naturally found in the coconut husk so it doesnā€™t pull it out of your feeds . Im a dry amendment guy but I recommend everyone give mr fulvic a shot and in case you havenā€™t seen it Here is my guide / 3rd grow journal

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of different ways you can be successful, but likely one or two that will make most the most sense and be easiest for you. I also precharge with full strength nutrient solution and hand feed daily in coco.

4 Likes

Get some Jackā€™s, you only need the part A, part B and magnesium sulfate or Epson salts (pure no scent) pharmacy or Walmart will have it.

Feed every day.
Or get autopots as always is my suggestion, spring pots

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @GreenSnek @imSICKkid

Thanks for all the advice! @Nicky i have 1g, 3g, & 5g fabric pots. Does size change when growing in those w coco? I know coco airs out quicker by itself. Would I need bigger pots than usual? Or no?

1 Like

I think 3 gallon pot of coco is great size for typical indoor grow. If you wanted to extend veg time a lot or something like that going on, maybe you could justify a little larger. But 3 gallon is plenty versatile for most.

3 Likes

Ok guys I need help on a different issue. I have a different grow diary started but havenā€™t really kept it up. I can link it in a sec, but I started one of each from the sativa mixpack on here. 1 slh, 1 strawberry cough, 1 chocolopeā€¦ then I decided to give cloning a shotā€¦ I actually have around maybe 9 that made it out of 16 lol I didnā€™t expect that many to make it honestly. I probably threw out 7 too early bc some of them looked bad but grew out of it. ANYWAYSā€¦ the mother plants got huge. Even w topping. So when I took the wwa (from this thread) out of the tent, I just threw the moms in there under a net and switched to flower. Itā€™s been about a week since they got 36 hrs of darkness then flip. Now those clones are growing like crazy and I have at least 7 weeks (strawberry Cough says 8 weeks of flower, one says 9, one says 10). Nowā€¦ my problem isā€¦ the clones are in 1gallon fabric pots. How soon do you guys think they will outgrow those? Will they be fine? Should I transplant? If so, when will I know itā€™s timeā€¦ my first go round w clones. I plan on taking a few clones from the clones so that will help keep them smaller but Iā€™m worried about the roots. Iā€™ve been googling but when you type in ā€œclones from clonesā€ all you get is a debate about losing potency.

The moms

Some of the Mini mes, several days ago, already almost doubled this size. Iā€™ve topped, started to try lst to keep them lower. But idk if lst is a good idea if I need to transplant? I really need some advice lol pretty please! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

@GreenSnek @dbrn32 @Gremmall @Covertgrower @Capt.Cola @imSICKkid @Nicky @Not2SureYet @Newbiegrower251

Please read the post before this. I waited too long to edit apparently.

Also another pic of the moms

2 Likes

Just took this one.
Do I need to stop lst? Maybe just wait til transplant. Or do you think I will even need to transplant? Theyā€™re under sf1000 (100w)

From what Iā€™ve heard about clones (me being an auto guy I can never really do them ) they arenā€™t quite as vigorous as seed born so if you want to do a smaller grow with the clones in 1 galloners go for it If you want to transplant them up in 3 weeks sure why not . The lst will probably straighten out after transplant if you donā€™t reapply it

2 Likes

As long as youā€™re willing to water them often, theyā€™ll be okay. Otherwise when the leaves reach the edge of the container.

I think that clone potency has more to do with varied environments, than the plant itself. Iā€™ve taken multiple clones, and then started a seed, I really canā€™t tell the difference. If thereā€™s a difference, maybe the lab could tell me somewhere?

Clones you have going look good. I wouldnā€™t be to overly concerned. As they first start out they look a little rough, but straighten out pretty quickly as they develop roots.

4 Likes

@Covertgrower @GreenSnek

Thank you guys so much! My main worry w the clones is that they get too big before the moms in the tent are finished. Didnā€™t know wth to do next. I try to stay on top of things and think ahead and I still get myself into these situations lol :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Iā€™d be more worried if they were autos maybe itā€™s time you invest in another grow space just set up my 4x4 tent taking up 1/6 of my bedroom but itā€™ll be so worth it when I get my next 6-7 autos going lol

3 Likes

@GreenSnek hell yeah! I wish I had the space! I currently have 2 spots but donā€™t want the clones to outgrow their area. Hell I guess I would need 3 or 4 to keep a perpetual harvest :sob:

2 Likes

This just a matter of what youā€™re trying to do. When do you want to flower the clones?

4 Likes

Your plants look good! Could you repot them, then do some training to keep them low? Like @dbrn32 said it all depends on what you are trying to do and when.

@GreenSnek your like me with mason jars everywhere!

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @Capt.Cola

I was wanting to wait until the moms are done then throw them in that tent. Maybe grab a few clones off of the clones before then?

1 Like

Thatā€™s going to be a while and I would expect these clones to be pretty big. You may still have too many. Not really a decision you need to make now though.

If it were me, I probably would have tried to jam these up in small plastic pots for a while. Then transplanted to larger fabric pot halfway through flower. Plastic is easier to remove plants from and would have probably gotten plants to stall a little more.

You will likely want to transplant at some point. I would be cautious training plants to wide prior to that.

1 Like