Will this light suffice

So this is my light at the moment. I know most go with top names so I’m hoping this light will suffice. Im in about week 5/6 with an auto flower… doing one plant in a 1×3 tent.

My question is will this light get me through flower…i do have two (one on seedling side)

1 Like

The seller states Samsung, but doesn’t list which model. The is no way that is a 600 watt light given its size. The fact that they can’t be honest about the lights wattage says that you can’t trust the light. This is very common among Amazon grow lights. What you want is a light built with Samsung LM301 series diodes.

It appears you’ve bought 2 of them. I would send them back and get a light that is capable of flowering cannabis.

6 Likes

Can you get a picture of the wattage output label?

1 Like

Power draw isn’t listed.

2 Likes

Its saying 60 watts consumed

1 Like

You’ll need 3 of them to flower one plant. At 60w I would guess that the light uses LED diodes from an older generation. Much older.

3 Likes

Appreciate the replies gents

Welcome to the forum, @Blackrose.

2 Likes

Thank ya sir . Been mostly lurking as i fumble through my first grow. But am definitely hooked.

1 Like

I refuse to make a comment about those cheap ass Chinese lights from Amazon!
Besides if you can believe the color spectrum chart. The light is too heavy on blue for flowering.

2 Likes

It appears ive fallen prey to to good to be true. Great reviews (with pics of success) however…

I would have to say they work good up to this mark. I just worry from this point on where more power may be needed.

2 Likes

The sellers manipulate the reviews by offering money to people to change or delete bad reviews.

3 Likes

I found this in the Questions section about that light…
Asked about power consumption their answer was…
Dear Angel:
What I understand is that you are concerned about power consumption.
GVG LED grow lights for indoor plants use the latest LED plant light technology including Samsung Special Diode, offering a truly high efficacy rating of PPF per Joule (2.7 μmol/J @ 120V AC). It’s designed to be replaced traditional 600W HPS/MH grow light, but consumes only electric 60 watts with 234 LEDs, making it more efficient than traditional HID lamps and other plant lamps on the market.
Thank you and best wishes to you.

So its just a mediocre 60 watt light.
You cant suspend the laws of physics…60 Watts in means 60 Watts output at best. Some is lost to heat from the power supply and diodes too.

6 Likes

Not a chance that it is 2.7 umol/J. That is on the order of LM301h or 301b diodes. I’ve never heard of the “Samsung Special” diode.

These companies need to be shut down.

6 Likes

Yes @MidwestGuy, I agree.
Its a “Gold Rush” situation where people are trying to profit off of others desire to grow cannabis.
$100 Shovels that we guarantee will dig gold better than any other shovel you may have.
I fell for it at first too.
Fortunately the blurples I got do ok to start seedlings and get them through the first 2 or 3 weeks.
I still dont have “great” lights but I what I have does fine for me. I can grow more than we use and maybe some day I can upgrade to better lights.

3 Likes

Hey you can grow weed with just a warm white and a cool white fluorescent. But all lights are not created equal. With the time and effort put into a harvest, I wouldn’t go cheap on the lights.
I know I is tempting the buy cheap online, and I have to pull myself back from this cliff all the time.

4 Likes

Keep one to start seeds with and veg for a couple of weeks. The high blue spectrum will produce bushier plants with shorter node spacing. However, much more power and a more balanced spectrum is needed to produce good buds.
A quality light for a 2x2 space is something like HLG 150 watt Patriot. Or go crazy with a Chilled Tech Growcraft X3 Mini.

5 Likes

Just checked HLG’s website, and their 25% off sale is still on. Great time to buy that Patriot.

4 Likes

Great advice here. Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes