White widow outside

Thank you! I know the sad fan leaves. These were very happy looking plants and now they aren’t giving off this vibe.

1 Like

I followed along, and understand the feeling. Those fan leaves are usually removed at the beginning of flower.
She’s putting on a happy vibe believe it or not, as they’re getting close to harvest times. Which is what most of us look forward to!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it. Just feel like I’m walking into it blindly. What do I need to get for the next steps? Any suggested materials would be much appreciated. I was looking at different drying and storing options on Amazon.

1 Like

Curved trimmers work really well with rounded nugs. Drying rack is helpful, but not necessary. Recommend the two pack, one always gets gummed up quick, then I soak in alcohol and use the other pair, then switch.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Gardening-Pruning-Titanium-Precision/dp/B087CR7H9S/ref=sxin_19_pa_sp_phone_search_thematic_sspa?cv_ct_cx=curved+trimmers&keywords=curved+trimmers&pd_rd_i=B087CR7H9S&pd_rd_r=4db0952d-b40e-4e1e-9943-eb7fff19c239&pd_rd_w=ksOJD&pd_rd_wg=08B1j&pf_rd_p=fd99f2d5-56fa-4375-b6d8-c0e06729edb2&pf_rd_r=Z0WF1QG8Q9XGNVBDWM6C&qid=1643658878&sr=1-2-a73d1c8c-2fd2-4f19-aa41-2df022bcb241-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyS1hTQzg0VTRHMkhVJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjc4MjU3MlIyQlBSNjVCMjVZQyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDE4MTMzR1I3OVhDOEtWTVoyJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

2 Likes

Hi. I snapped some close up pics. How close do you think they are to harvest? The soil is still damp but not as much so was thinking about watering them tonight. I’m reading about harvest time and it’s talking about the tricombes being white, not absorbing as much water, leaves yellowing… Then it’s saying 2 weeks before harvest to switch to water for autos. Will you check out these pics and provide insight on the timing? Thanks so much.

1 Like

It is extremely difficult to make a determination based on a picture. You need to be checking the trics with a micro scope or loop eye glass.
Also, when determining the finish, it depends on the health of the bud.
Just from the picture maybe two weeks.
If you want, you can probably harvest now if you’re in a hurry to get to the next grow. I don’t know if your gonna get much better production out of her. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Phew. I’m going to wait for a bit to give it another round. This is a lot of work and I think harvest is going to be a lot of work. Not sure if they are quite ready but I don’t want to wait and it be too late. I also don’t want all of it to be too potent. I smoked white widow in Amsterdam in 2008 & lets just say i was lucky i got back to the hotel! Lol! I’ve been using concentrate for a while now and smoked the delta8 recently. It definitely gives a functional high which can be helpful. Don’t get me wrong, i want that ability with this but this is a lot of weed. Probably going to need good storage and a way to make it last a bit. Any tips are great!
Do you think the runt could keep going a bit or do you think I should harvest all at the same time? I feel like she has finally come around and may not be ready with the others. I’m totally clueless about this stuff. I’ve smoked for 20 years and growing is definitely a very new endeavor. Really appreciate how fast you guys get back to me. Couldn’t have done it without you!!!

1 Like

I have a little seedling that has popped up in one of my pots next to the plant. Do I just need to pull it?

1 Like

Yeah you don’t want that in there. You might can take it and move it to a solo cup and root it for your next grow. :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok! Yeah. It was holding on when i did a little tug so it definitely has some roots!

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower what do you think? Do you harvest plants at different times ever if they started at the same time?

1 Like

As long as it’s still looks good, I would let it go. :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey! I’m going to attach some closeups. I’m reading and looking at pics. Is the looking ready? I just don’t want to mess up and miss the best time!

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah you’re definitely not gonna loose much if you went ahead and chopped them now. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok. I may try to let the runt go longer. She is still looking good and making buds. Tricombes are definitely not as advanced. It’s like my premie child! :laughing:

1 Like

Hi. I have 3 plants hanging to dry but I have the runt (my husband named her Vanessa for some reason. Lolol!) is still going. I don’t know what to do with her. She is still making buds and I just hate to make her stop. What would you do?
Should I keep giving her water? Should I give her nutrients? I don’t want to get her all wet if I am going to pull her to dry so I’m on the fence here.

Hi all! The ladies are hanging, 3 since Friday (1 afternoon, 2 later) and 1 last night. I trimmed the leaves off the first 3 last night and they are drying well. A small bud came off the end of a branch and i smoked it. I know it’s early but figured wth. It was great! My jars came today. Thinking the first one hung could possibly be ready for bud trim and put in jars with letting them air a few times a day kind of thing? As you guys have seen i am such a newb so advice on that end…i would be grateful! Thanks (pic of the piece that fell off attached)

3 Likes

Congrats brother. Keep us posted if you grow more. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very nice nug farmer!

2 Likes