White widow outside

Hi. Can I just germinate and then just plant it outside with some plant soil? I’m new to this and there are a lot of gaps with outside growing on the site. So I’m trying to figure out, germinate in water and plant outside once it’s sprouted? Or do I need to let it germinate, plant in pot and then transfer it to the ground? Squirrels and such like to dig in flower pots here so not ideal. It tends to stay on the warmer side in NC and had read white widow does well in these parts.

2 Likes

Welcome! A lot of times, growers start their plants off indoor the move them outside when they get out of the seedling stage. But, yes, you can just drop a seed in the soil and it can grow. I tossed a bunch of crushed seeds into my outdoor planter and 3 sprouts shot up.

6 Likes

If you are near Laurinburg I would germinate and right into the ground the weather should be good enough to finish a whole grow cycle best of luck

You talking next year right?

It is supposed to be in the 80’s the next few days and in the 70’s further out. I was reading white widow does well in the NC temps. Am I wrong? The sun always comes out here so I figure not really having frost and still plenty of sun it would work. I was only going to do 10 seeds for now and maybe try out the other 10 maybe late spring early summer next year. I am a newb though so I am thrilled for feedback. I already have the 10 germinating and probably ready to go in soil tomorrow or so.

Too late, the frost is usually first week of November. That is unless you can bring them in on cold nights.

Here’s the real problem though it’s mid October and the daylight hours are just not long enough to get much size on a plant now. In my opinion September is the latest I would plant anything outside.

Why waste your expensive seed and only get midgets I would wait till next year or give indoor a try. Good luck!

:laughing: I don’t need much. But I got the auto flower so I think it should be easier, right?

You could get some serious bud out of those autos in a closet. You simply are out of time my friend the frost is less than a month away it takes 10 to 12 weeks to grow most autos.

If you can give me a list of what I need to grow them in a closet, I guess I could make it work. I have a basement and room. Was just wanting it outside. I tried to grow before inside when I lived in MA but as soon as I gave it nutrients, it died. The rodents are assholes around here in NC though. I had a few flowers and herbs in pots outside and they keep digging in them.

1 Like

Bud if you have a basement you can lock up and ventilate then you are in business. In a basement setting I would use MH HPS lights for heat and go with soil in 5 gallon buckets till you learn. Your gonna need to be able to vent air into the basement and vent air out.

What about Hillsborough? Since these are autoflower I was just trying to do something not too excessive right now anyway. I would prefer not to drop a few hundred on lights at this point.

U can honestly get pretty far with 10$ grow bulb from home depot

I would soak the seed in water for 24hours then tip the water and seed on to paper towel and put that paper towel between two plastic plates and put in a dark warm place until u see a nice tap root then i would plant in a pot and keep it inside until its big enough to plant outside

When are they big enough to plant in the ground?

I started these shortly after seeing that you started a new grow im using just tap water and a 10 dollar bulb form homedepot can’t wait to see what your end up looking like

Wow! Yours are a lot taller. Are yours autoflower? That’s what mine are and I read they are shorter plants. The only thing I’m wondering is if I should change the light cycle to 12/12. It’s still at 18/6 & I think I’m going to be at a month by Monday?

Well looking back to when u started back in October 12th ish you could have been had them on a 12and 12 lighting auto plants are good like that mine are feminized and have to wait for them to be ready to bud to go to that lighting u look like u doing a good job keep it up

Thank you! In MA this man gave me a small plant in a Dixie cup before it was legalized for medical use. I repotted it and it grew a ton. When I gave it nutrients I killed it so I’m really nervous about adding nutrients.

I found that the Recipe for Success Grow Kit is the best one I have seen for beginners every thing you will need for a plant from start to finish

1 Like