White widow auto usmcjojo

Just a good way to store seeds long term so that I can have my own seed bank.

Did you store some of the same strain separately as a controlled group or just gonna see if they sprout after an extended period of time?

Iā€™m curious because I like to clone to get multiple plants to conserve my seeds. The thought of a seed purchase lasting years is just my thing!

Iā€™m sure such a lengthy storage would void any germination guarantee, but still.

1 Like

Yes I did I put some in rice in the cupboard. Going to try multiple things . Want to start cloning in my hydro setup and store seeds so I only need to buy new strains that I want to try.

4 Likes

I have a led 600 light. How close do you have your lights to the seedlings?

1 Like

I have my lights 30" from the top of my tallest girl.

Just watch there leaves if they are pointing up or the stems are stretching lower the lights if the leaves are droopy and burnt raise the lights.

2 Likes

Thank you so much guys, it means a lot to me to see that you all care about my health. So hereā€™s an update, since itā€™s been so long.

I was feeling sick for three weeks. I thought it was flu, mono, stomach virus, etc. so I was just waiting it out until I got better. I donā€™t have insurance, so I wasnā€™t trying to go pay to see a doctor. After 3 weeks of feeling sick, I finally realized that thereā€™s no way it was just being sick, and that it was something internally going on. So I caved in, and went to my local ER. My girl friend and mom wouldnā€™t stop nagging me about it, and made me realize that they were right, money is just money, but my health is much more important. I couldnā€™t walk 2 feet without being out of breathe. My stomach was in constant pain. I just didnā€™t feel right, and I wasnā€™t eating. In 3 weeks I lost 30 pounds. Iā€™m a skinny guy, always have been, but I became sickly skinny.

Once in the ER, they checked my blood sugar, and immediately knew what was going on. I was in DKA, which is Diabetic Ketoacidosis. 2 out of 5 people die from this. Iā€™m not a diabetic, and I eat healthy for the most part, and Iā€™m very fit. My blood sugar was at 497, which is insanely high for a 26 year old like me. They got me on 2 IVs, and started an insulin drip. After one night and tons of blood work, they discovered my pancreas had stopped producing insulin. I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic on November 20th. My life was forever changed.

I spent 3 days in the ICU, and had to see multiple doctors, as well as nutrionists, diabetic educators, and case workers. Iā€™ve never been more overwhelmed or stressed in my life. Every day I have to check my blood sugar, multiple times. Every day I have to take insulin shots, multiple times. Every day I have to count my carbs, and watch exactly what I eat, and portion my food too. It sucks so bad guys, it was something I never had to worry about. Iā€™m 6ā€™1 and have never weighed over 175 pounds. I have a high metabolism, and could always eat whatever I wanted and never had to worry about what I was eating. I always loved fruits and veggies, so eating healthy isnā€™t something new to me. But all of this has been really hard to grasp and fully understand. What happened to me can happen to anyone, there is no cause for what happened. Thatā€™s the worst part. Also, itā€™s been extremely stressful because I donā€™t have insurance, and just to see my doctor yesterday cost me $100.

I apologize for not updating my threads, but Iā€™ve honestly neglected my plants all together. I couldnā€™t gather the strength to tend to my plants while sick. I only kept them watered. Surprisingly, theyā€™re all doing great. I havenā€™t done a bucket change it probably a month, but some how theyā€™re still thriving. I promise Iā€™ll get some updated pictures up this week for everyone. If anyone has any helpful advice I would love to hear it, and I appreciate any prayers or good vibes sent my way. Iā€™ll be checking the threads and try to catch up with everyone. And again, I apologize to anyone whoā€™s tagged me for some info or advice and I never got back to anyone, I will do my very best to catch up with everything!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

9 Likes

Ok, first thing you asked about was transplanting and when to give nutrients.

For me, I gave half strength nutrient feeding immediately after transplanting. I wanted my girls to get nutrients right away once they were placed into the hydro setup, because I know that they were both hungry and stressed.

Secondly, you asked about water levels.

For me, I would have it so my water level was about 1/2" under the net pot. The water level is connected to the amount of splashing youā€™re getting on the actual net pots and hydroton. From what I see in your pics, your hydroton looks like itā€™s getting splashed really well at all the water levels, so really it comes down to how much water you want to run. I would suggest never letting it touch the actual net pot though, because itā€™s not really necessary and could lead to problems.

So from what Iā€™ve seen and read @Usmcjojo it looks like youā€™re ready to go once your plants are transplanted! Any other questions feel free to ask away, Iā€™m back!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

3 Likes

@ktreez420 Broā€¦ Iā€™m sorry that happened to you I know all about having health side track you with my brain injury. You are strong and will adapt Iā€™m just glad your alive . Shine bright bro donā€™t let the world get you downā€¦stay golden pony boyā€¦lol.

6 Likes

My son was diagnosed with type one 4 years ago itā€™s a crazy deal he was 6 when we found out Iā€™m glad your good if you have any questions hope I can help Iā€™m glad your getting better but sorry to hear your diagnosis :v:t2:

4 Likes

@ktreez420 Sorry to hear that, someone close to me was type 1 diabetic, had an insulin pump and lived a full life

• best wishes
2 Likes

My man @ktreez420 is that all you been up to? I thought you were on vacation in the Bahamas without cell coverage. At least thatā€™s the rumor Iā€™m starting lmao.
Glad to hear your alive and back in the swing of things. My old man used to tell me that people wouldnā€™t die as much if they didnā€™t have to stay in the dam hospital. But Welcome back man, your lack of presence was missed by all here im sure of it, I know I did.:four_leaf_clover::sunglasses:

4 Likes

So these are the girls going to transplant tomorrow. They are autos so I rather stress it now than later.

4 Likes

So this is how the order will go biggest will go in soil. Next two larger plants will go in 3gal buckets. The smallest 2 will go in the 3inch net pot farm system. One in each tube hopefully i can grow them to a small but decent size so they donā€™t clog the chambers.

3 Likes

Ok guys so I did the transplant earlier couldnā€™t update because I took the family to the movies. The plants did well I will post pics an do a how to later.

Gonna put my VA meds to use for once.

6 Likes

So, important information missing. What movie? Was it good? Did you get the XL popcorn?

1 Like

Ok so here it goes first off use soil only when you have no other choice. Also if in soil do it early the roots were already Starting not only to wrap around the soil bits but they Starting growing into the perlite. Starting seeds in soil for hydro sucks had fun with those stupid husks. In the future I will try perlite and vermiculite mix.

1. I ph 1 gallon of water to 5.8 fill a squirt bottle with it and poured some in a small dish. To the small dish I add some 3%peroxide 1squirt is enough.
  2. Then I grab the cup with the seedling in it. Make sure the soil is dry it seems easier this way. I held it by its lower stem and slowly poured the soil out while gently pulling up on the plant.
  3. Once itā€™s out work out as much soil by hand as you can gently. Then spray the roots with the squirt bottle. After that dip them in the bowl swirl it gently around and wok the soil out. I only did it for 15 seconds at a time then run some of the pitcher water over it and repeat.

4. After the roots are clean you can place gentle in the net pot. Let the roots dangle out of the bottom and gentle place your hydroton around and covering the root. Thatā€™s it just be gentle with the roots.
4 Likes

Here are the ladies now.

3 Likes

It was moana promised my daughter it was actually pretty good not gonna lie. You know I got that mega popcorn!

3 Likes