šŸŽ¶ When I grow up

@Suckerpunch @neofirebird @patchman @MattyBear @Happilyretired @Joshmcginnis28 @CalamityJane @MoBilly @MrPeat

3 Likes

My Blue Dream was fragrant inside the house. But I had 3 of them at the same time.

If I can get over 7 feet indoors with BD, you will have your hands full outdoors.

4 Likes

I never grown Blue Dreamā€¦ our friends will be better counsel on this one.

2 Likes

My BD are 3 weeks into flower and not alot of scent as yet compared to the others.

1 Like

Firstly, if you put your BD outside, without ā€œhardeningā€ it off gradually to sunlight, it will probably shrivel and die from the shock, difference between artificial light and sunlight is huge.
For example, currently Iā€™m running my lights @ 20,000 - 25,000 lux
(I gradually increase), outside today is 130,000 luxā€¦ In your neck of the woods, probably 160,000.

Secondly, I have never grown autos, but, if I did I wouldnā€™t be hesitant to flip my tent to 12/12, especially if you have good genetics, which you do.
@MrPeat grows monsters on 12/12 cycle from start to finish.

Thirdly, I would be terribly paranoid putting a plant outside (your yard seems very open) :eyes: prying eyes are everywhere my sister,
If not thieves, then narcs.

These are just my humble opinionā€¦

7 Likes

Everyone else is doing really, really well and I feel like I may have the nutes issue finally sorted out, considering how green especially Blue Dream is, but also Blueberry 2 seems to be holding mostly green with only one or two lower leaves yellowing from time to time. This is why I am too scared to defol lol!

Banana Kush is seriously foxtailing but I can still see plenty of clear there, so Iā€™ll keep an eye on her but I think maybe up to/around another 2 weeks? Iā€™m aiming for all cloudy with little to no amber. This is how all my other chop days have been (except Amnesia Haze) and we are all really happy with the effects.

17 Likes

Oh dear dog! Thatā€™s huge! I really really donā€™t want to go outside if I can help it

2 Likes

OK thanks Kap. No opinion on which option is best? :purple_heart:

1 Like

Oh OK thanks Fergus! I find itā€™s those last couple of weeks that pumps out the smells! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Personally, Iā€™d try the camping tent :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Yep I canā€™t agree more with you about how open my yard is! You can walk around 3 side of my property and itā€™s only a paling fence with the usual gaps in between. ZERO privacy.

OK so letā€™s scrap the going outside idea all together then.

So that leaves my available options with switch big tent to 12/12 or put Blue Dream in camping toilet with blurple.

I canā€™t get past the feeling (and please, no offense whatsoever to @MrPeat) that running at only 12 hours on compared to the 18 theyā€™ve been getting has to reduce yield in some way??

I wonder is it worth dragging out the blurple and doing a lux measurement on it?

2 Likes

You should take a look at Mr Peatā€™s journal

5 Likes

She would be surprised and amazed :clap::heart_eyes::smirk:

3 Likes

@anon33684698 Yupā€¦read my current topic. Iā€™m not offended.

12/12 only with good lights and a good green thumb you maybe surprised what can happen. I am a anomaly thoā€¦:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@MrPeat @kaptain3d @AfgVet @Enlightened420 @dbrn32 @Nicky and anyone else who knows their lightsā€¦

Can someone please explain to me how taking 6 whole hours of light off my girls a day (if I turn the big tent to 12/12) ISNā€™T going to reduce yield on all of my plants? Iā€™m not arguing, just trying to understand.

We crank the lights up as much as the plants will tolerate, many people defoliate to get light into the centre of the plants etcā€¦ I just canā€™t wrap my head around how reducing light can not negatively affect them is all? :pray::purple_heart:

1 Like

Haha anomoly and not the norm, I get ya :heart_eyes::ok_hand:

Iā€™m reading through the topic Kap put up above and am about half way through already. Looks like you had to start again several times due to weather?

Can I please ask: what yields do you normally pull off Autos under your 12/12 schedule?

1 Like

Can you remove the green shade cloth off the top of the green house roof.
Let lots of over head sunshine in.
Otherwise your camping tent idea sounds good
@anon33684698

2 Likes

Nice idea but no not feasible, sorry mate. That shade cloth is cut to size and stretched to a million zippy ties to be that neat on the top. Itā€™s on my to-do list to fix the rest. Iā€™m not going to do whatā€™s already there.

2 Likes

Autos I get about 2oz on 12/12. I am starting to think it does matter how much light it gets. Not for flowering. But for packing on the weight.

Now compare it to one of my small Photos right now. Her Cola is 16ā€ tall by 4ā€ wide. Her main branch is only 3/8ā€ wide. No support on that section. No silica. Nothing to strengthen my stems and branches. Less than 1 lb dried, cured and no stems.

Now one one my monsters will get over 7ā€™ tall by 8ā€™ wide and then some. I had to learn how to grow horizontal and not vertical. 1+ lb dried, cured and no stems.

Now one of my super monsters will hit 8ā€™ plus tall and over 8ā€™ wide. Grows out of my 4x4 tent. This can yield 1+ lbs dried, cured and no stems.

I hate Autos with a passion. I like full control. My current baby has only been feed once. She is still growing strong. I think I am about 4 weeks out.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for putting all that info together for me and youā€™ve well and truly answered my question. I only run Autos because I like the flexibility of continuous supply, and ahhhhhh, not to be a smart arse or anything but (and absolute full credit to this forum and everyoneā€™s guidance) I havenā€™t gotten less than 4oz off all of my Autos.

So I guess Blue Dream is going camping!

3 Likes