🎶 When I grow up

Hi guys
I thought I’d start my grow journal here so I can look back on pics as my girls grow, and see if anyone has any suggestions/improvements I should be considering.

My seeds popped on different days so the seedlings all have a different “day 1” date when they sprouted from their peat pots.

This morning marks the beginning of:
Amnesia Haze Auto Day 5
Northern Lights Auto Day 4
White Widow Auto Day 4
Blueberry Auto Day 3

Measurements shown are of AH (approx 45mm) and Blueberry (approx 25mm). AH is a little kinky because when she was about to hit the ceiling of the mini greenhouse they were in, I took the cover off and she flopped over - but a toothpick for support and a drink of water quickly fixed her right up!

The info that came with my LED lights is a little bit confusing as to which wattage to believe:

“average power draw” 615W
“power consumption for each unit” 330W +/- 10%
“apparently” equivalent to an 8000W HPS or HID (uh huh…)

I’m assuming that higher wattage is including the fans, so I’ll go with 330W for the lights only. Of course that’s if you’re running “all on” but at this stage I’m only running on “veg” mode

The guide says to place the lights at 48" for the first week to acclimatise the plants and then drop it to 30" to 36" and no lower than 24". A guide I’ve been reading on LED lighting says to keep high wattage (300W+) LEDs “up to 30” or more" so I’ve started at 48" above the girls (actually as high as I can go in my 2m tall tent) and I guess I’ll just gradually lower the lights and be super vigilant on watching for praying or bleaching.

After being told to get the seedlings out of the peat pots I was using, I VERY carefully cut the netting off them and placed the undisturbed seedlings and peat into their big girl pots (300mm) with Searles Premium Potting Mix Advanced on the afternoon of Blueberry’s Day 1, and gave them a little water.

I’m happy with the ventilation system pulling the tent in a little bit, I’ve got 4 desk fans clipped to the ceiling as well pointing slightly downwards and in a circular fashion to create the most air movement.

I’m going to pop to Bunnings and buy a little clip-on desk LED light so I can have some normal lights for when I’m working/taking pics in the tent.

In the words of the amazing band Garbage “when I grow up, I’ll be stable”… I really hope to get some strong little performing ladies out of these bubbles :purple_heart:

8 Likes

1 Like

@Enlightened420 I see you’re a fellow Aussie. Nice to meet you. I’m in the sunshine state and have just started my journey. Do you care to give me some input on my beginnings and/or tag some other experienced growers as well pretty please? I’m worried they are too small for their size?

4 Likes

Appreciate the tag my friend.
Welcome fellow Aussie Gromie :pray:

@Oldguy @repins12 @Budbrother @kaptain3d @Bulldognuts @CoyoteCody

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

4 Likes

Hey thanks heaps! What do you guys think about the size of these little ladies? Maybe I’m just being impatient, maybe it’s because they’re now in massive pits and not the previous tiny plastic “greenhouse” but I feel like they’re too small?

1 Like

They’ll be a bit small till they get established.
Usually over the first couple weeks they don’t get very big. Couple sets of leaves.
They have to form a root system. And iirc you had issues with your peat pods being a bit too wet. ( Also slows them a bit too ).
They’ll recover and take off soon.
:v:

4 Likes

Thanks @oldguy (love your name!) the peat pots were good til I took the cover off and one dried out and flopped over but yeah next time I’ll not use them. Thanks for the reassurance. I’m seeing all these pics of plants absolutely taking off and it seems like mine aren’t moving. As said previously, probably a perception thing going from such a small container to the 300mm pots too. Have a great night!

2 Likes

I’m gonna tag along as well, if you don’t mind :v:

4 Likes

The more the merrier!

1 Like

Dome them little babys, and spritz the inside of the dome, looking good and god luck

1 Like

@tinman oh OK! Just with a clear plastic cup?

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Enlightened420 , set to watch. I believe that you may want to go ahead and lower your lights some. Your seedlings are a little leggy. Otherwise looking good. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice @Bulldognuts I’ve just dropped them to 30" above the girls’ tops and still on veg only spectrum :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Excellent, good luck and keep a eye on @Enlightened420 LOL :laughing:

3 Likes

Sorry for just rushing off,
had a busy day of work. But I knew you were in good hands, all solid advice from knowledgeable, experienced growers. Definitely agree with the advice given so far.

3 Likes