šŸŽ¶ When I grow up

Can you swim?:man_swimming::man_swimming::rowing_woman::rowing_woman::rofl::rofl: How are you doing is it growing time for you? I just chopped my auto Zkittles that was 39 inches from dirt. I didnā€™t know that you can control the way an auto grows. I have another Zkittles thatā€™s just about big enough to go to 5 gal and stay. Then 2 weeks Iā€™ll have the 2 gscx that Iā€™ll chop. Good thing I emptied my last jar of cindy99 I grew last summer. I love cindy99 itā€™s a fun energetic high for me so couldnā€™t stay out of it. :rofl::rofl::woman_facepalming: Iā€™m going to fill those jars back up

4 Likes

Thanks mate, yep all high and dry up here. Fair bit of rain which Iā€™m loving but too much makes me a tad anxious ever since Cyclone Marcia came to town :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Hey yep Iā€™m doing my darnedest to keep the perpetual grow going. Blue Dreamā€™s BS isnā€™t helping though!
Iā€™m trying to make sure I have enough to cover my friend and sheā€™s decided that NL is the strain for her, so even though I already have another NL coming up, Iā€™m going to drop another seed so that we arenā€™t cutting it too close for her needs. She said Blueberry was good, Amnesia Haze useless, White Widow meh, but Northern Lights is the shiz, so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the heavy handed Indica strains she needs.
The only strain in ILGM Autos thatā€™s got equal or more Indica is Grand Daddy Purple, so Iā€™m thinking that could be the next strain to buy and try on her.

Iā€™ve been doing some training on the little ones but keep forgetting to take my phone with me to take pics. Maybe tomorrow :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Grand daddy purple looking good
@anon33684698

7 Likes

Iā€™d really like to try growing that one hey :heart_eyes:
Many of the other strains sound super cool but really, any of the strains work well for me, especially Blueberry, so Iā€™m more than happy to focus on the really high Indica strains for my friend :purple_heart:

3 Likes

24/3/21 update as promised.

Dagnabbit I forgot to get a pic of the White Widow 3 seedling but sheā€™s cruising along at day 13. You can just see her on the left

Banana Kush (Day 95 Fl. 56) is falling all over herself to get ready. Dang, she heavy :heart_eyes:

Blue Dream (Day 72) is still tantalising me with what Iā€™m quite sure are preflowers??? Sheā€™s actually too big to go into the drying tent anymore. I nearly snapped off some of her tops the last time I tried. So once this rain goes, if she hasnā€™t gone into proper flower yet Iā€™ll take the risk and go outside into my secluded spa ā€œsanctuaryā€ and hope she can flip. After weighing up all the pros and cons, Iā€™ve decided that possible lesser yields on all of the rest of my plants just isnā€™t worth this one plant, no matter how big and amazing she is :sob: so the tent is staying at 18/6

Blueberry 2 (Day 48 Fl. 16) is powering ahead! Itā€™ll be interesting to see if this one also foxtails like the first one did?

And bringing up the rear is Northern Lights 2, Banana Kush 2, and Amnesia Haze 2. All looking fine and dandy after some more training :sunglasses:

13 Likes

As a side comment, Iā€™ve found its working really well with having my HLG600R backed off just a twitch from full roar, and just bunching the big girls in towards the centre and putting the babies in the corners and gradually bringing them in as they turn into young ladies :ok_hand::heart_eyes::rofl::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I know the feeling. Shorty after this photo this northern lights was laying on her side

Strapped her into a garden flower support

She is confined to the tent until harvest

10 Likes

Doesnā€™t it give you a fright when you find them like that! I shifted BK the other day and one really fat cola just flopped down and I heard a snapping noise! I propped her up straight away and couldnā€™t find a break so tied her into place more securely and she seems fine!

5 Likes

The ladies are lookin good :yum: I use positioning under my lights alot, Iā€™ve studied the ppf map and I put my taller plants in the low light spots so I can drop it down on the shorties in the middle seems to make a difference

2 Likes

Hey thanks! I think Iā€™ve finally got the nutes under control! Banana Kush has continued to yellow but I read somewhere the other day that some plants will essentially lock out Nitrogen intake through their roots at a certain age, so I kind of didnā€™t expect her to come good, but Blueberry 2 and Blue Dream have barely had a yellow leaf on them :heart_eyes::sunglasses::ok_hand:

I think it was White Widow 2 that just got so tall I ended up having to banish her to a corner because she was nearly touching the light otherwise (she had a huge stretch phase) and got a tad bleached at the top of the colas

4 Likes

I downloaded a par meter app on my phone to so I could see with the phone against the wall how low I could drop my light before the numbers start to fall, it seems to be around the same on all 3 of the lights I have 15-18 inches so I never set my lights lower than that. I put the taller ones on the edges set the lights 16" Ā± from them and in the middle (might still need a box or something) 20-24" crank up the watts and let em eat. I actually started playing with this with the cheesy blurples I was using I was growing 3 plants under 2 lights and the middle were nice but outside would be fluffy stuff. I learned alot from those junkie lights, first grow lights I owned. Now if I can figure out these bigger ones Iā€™ll be doin good

4 Likes

I did all the measurements and whatnot to start at 20DLI and then just starting inching the light velocity up until the ladies didnā€™t like it. With the dial fully on, they told me enough is enough so I backed it off a touch and theyā€™ve been happy ever since. The light is as physically high as it can go in that tent. I just have to remember to turn it down during feeding/training time, because if I donā€™t, Iā€™m blind when I walk outta there :sunglasses::rofl:

6 Likes

So Iā€™ve mentioned earlier that the impending Mrs has asked me to have all plants done and dusted by around the start of October so Iā€™m not worrying about plants with our wedding and (short) honeymoon. Totally makes sense and Iā€™m happy to do so.
We wanted to go back to Thailand where she proposed but instead we will just have a mini-honeymoon here in QLD and save the money for another holiday later on as the world reopens.
I mentioned it to her again today and said that Iā€™ll have to do some sums to check the latest possible date for dropping any new beans and also Iā€™m trying to keep stock levels for me and my medical friends in mind as well, so if the tent has to get a little bit crowded during the winter months then so be it, and she kind of does a backflip and suggests we get a trusted friend to care for the plants during the wedding and honeymoon time because she thinks itā€™ll be too onerous to finish everything up in time and then start all over in Novemberā€¦ And Iā€™m not arguing :wink::sunglasses:

So here is my calculations as to the windows that I can drop new beans and when I canā€™t. Looks like a good deal to me! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

@repins12 I might be asking myself the same question Iā€™ve asked you this week. Feel free to rub it in! :rofl:

2 Likes

How bout an early congrats on the wedding. May your years together be most joyous. Iā€™m going on 18yrs married this July. Damn time flies.

4 Likes

Hey thankyou so much! Wow what an achievement - congrats to you and the Mrs! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

You got this :+1:t4: :v:t4:

1 Like

Sooooo you guys can probably tell Iā€™ve been avoiding the topic of my Blue Dream. Iā€™m really not able to buy another whole tent (sheā€™s now too big to fit into the 800x450x800 drying tent and even if she could squeeze in there, thereā€™d be no room for a light, and I need to chop Banana Kush soonish) and the prospect of putting her outdoors is really bothering me. Iā€™m still not willing though to put the big tent on 12/12 and take 6 whole hours of light a day off my other girls, so I really have zero other option other than to put her outside.

:question:I figure once I do that, then she can never come back into the tent because Iā€™d run the risk of contamination of all my other plants with bugs?

I sussed out the spa area that we though could work, but itā€™s not suitable because it gets so little sunlight. Itā€™s close to lunchtime before it gets sun because itā€™s on the western side of my 2 storey house and is fairly narrow, also with a 6 foot fence that will then block light after say 2 or 3pm. So that idea is scratched.

OK, next option. My outdoor greenhouse hasnā€™t been operational for some years since my pup (the black giraffe) ATE the irrigation system that feeds it right off the fence! Which, in this case may actually be beneficial to me. Most of the plants surviving are a couple of orchids and some succulents and they just get hand watered when we remember to do it. So if I were to put Blue Dream in there, she wouldnā€™t get the irrigation system throwing non-PHā€™d water down on her twice a day (as it does when itā€™s working), sheā€™d still only get her water/nutes I give her every 2nd day. My issue with this idea is that I think thatā€™s 70% shade cloth on the roof, and you can see how filtered the light isā€¦ Not exactly equivalent to my HLG600R is it?? :roll_eyes:
The pup also tore down the shade cloth on the western (fence) side, so we will replace that this weekend with 90% shade cloth and hope like hell thatā€™s enough to keep prying eyes away. I donā€™t have a neighbour on that side of the house, so people use it as a walkway to take a shortcut through the neighbourhood.

:question:Does anyone know if Blue Dream is a very smelly plant like one of her parents, Blueberry?

Itā€™s the first sunny day here in over a week and Iā€™m looking out my home office window and just wishing that Blue Dream could just safely sit out in the middle of the yard and be soaking up these glorious sun rays, while still get her required 12/12 because weā€™ve passed the autumn equinox, but as we know, that just isnā€™t safe at all.

The only other option I can think of, and I havenā€™t run this past the Mrs yet and donā€™t know what the answer could be, is to set up our camping shower/toilet room (just one of those pop up thingies) just under the house, and throw that ā€œawesomeā€ blurple light I originally bought at it. Thatā€™s at least 2-3 months with an extra tent that we donā€™t really have space for. But at this stage, itā€™s also looking like the most feasible to get the ā€œbestā€ (haha) light I can on the plant while also giving her the 12/12 she obviously needs to properly push her over into flowering. Sheā€™s still just sitting there with preflowers teasing me!

So whatā€™s peopleā€™s opinions on my options here? Iā€™m not crazy about any of them to be honestā€¦

(donā€™t judge me on my messy greenhouse :sweat_smile:)

11 Likes

@Arrow @kaptain3d @Blackmoon @Amazon66 @Oldguy @OldTimeRockAndGrow @Enlightened420 @beardless @Fergus @AfgVet

Iā€™d really like your opinions please. Iā€™m feeling kinda stuck between my not wonderful options

1 Like