What's Your (Other) Hobby?

They look fantastic! from the pics, I can only imagine what they look and feel like IP

Those are some beautiful knives. :+1:

Now that’s a hobby I could get into @Budlite , I used to collect knives , and now I wish I never sold them, my pride and joy back then was my bowie knife , weighted perfectly, it was just a beautiful knife all round.

linux operating system

@Coltfire I mostly make kitchen knives. Today I did the rough grinds on a tactical blade for a MARSOC customer. That’s Marines Special Ops.

2 Likes

Trail riding or just doing parades. I once rode my horse 10 miles each way to vote.

6 Likes

@NavyVet420 So, does your horse vote as a Democrat or Republican?

2 Likes

Wrong budlight…

Sorry bud! Can’t edit.

1 Like

no problem.

2 Likes

@Budlite This is a knife my Uncle made. It’s
sharp as a surgical blade.

3 Likes

Nice 5string. You play Scruggs style?

Yep,
I need to practice more. I have a buddy who is learning clawhammer.
If you like banjo you should check out this young player on youtube.

2 Likes

Very nice I love big cats but I’d have to say my favorite is the red-eyed rat. @Stomper

@MrPeat That knife looks like a good skinner. Nice wide blade. Carbon steel knives can take a really sharp edge, but you need to wash and dry them after use. These days most people request stainless steel with a shiny polish, but less sharp.

@Budlite Yeah I am 99.99999999% sure it was for skinning since he was big into hunting and fishing. He made it from scratch. Probably when he worked at the UPRR aka Union Pacific Rail Road.

It’s a damn good blade and I used it to trim my plants with. It cuts through big stalks with ease. I love the blade and it feels pretty balanced like a knife should.

It’s also a good offensive knife as well. Not that I know anything about that. whistling innocently due to my time as a Recon guy.

2 Likes

Banjo is on my list. At the moment I am flatpickin Doc Watson songs and a couple Irish pub tunes from the 1600s Dublin. I like my lektrik six string.

4 Likes

I saw Doc a couple different times.
Once before he had much exposure he played a local college. Merle was still alive.
Was a great show. Doc had a great sense of humor and at one point held up his pick and said…Merle is this the red pick or the blue one?
After the concert as we were leaving the building my buddy sparked one up…nobody in that crowed cared…and a cop directing traffic at a crosswalk caught a whiff and looked our way…He smiled and gave us the “Shame on You” Gesture…LOL it is burned into my memory now from 40 years ago.
giphy

1 Like

I would too if I had to feed that beast. I reload 338 Lapua Mag and 6.5 Creedmoor.

1 Like

What load and bullet have you settled on and what velocities and accuracy? (I shoot a Cooper in 340 Weatherby Magnum)

1 Like