What the heck is this white powder? First Grow Day 45 Flower

You know something that really helped me to produce hefty buds is to only grow 2 plants at a time max. It is so much easier and the results are fantastic. I took the Bergman lab course and he highly recommended planting just one plant. What a difference it has made. I figured that if I was paying so much for a seed, then I should make the best out of it. Stretching during the vegetative stage is not good and points to possibly not enough light. I am not sure if you had Co2 in the grow area. I really like the Exhale brand because it is reasonably priced and lasts for the entire growth period. I use advance nutrients during the flowering period and my orchid fertilizers which they absolutely love. During the vegetative stage I use a fertilizer that is higher in N. I just use what I have at the time. It really is fun to learn how to get the most from your plants and fun to share the information. Get ready for your next grow and do try to grow less. You will be very happy with the results.

1 Like

@bob31 Sunday will be 8 weeks of flower.
@durabloom Another thing Iā€™m noticing is that Iā€™m not getting that overwhelming smell. When I open the tent there is a brief whiff but for the most part they just smell like a large collection of house plants. Is this a larger sign of something or should I just sit tight?

When you touch the plant, does it give off an odor. I have to use a carbon filter and filters in the vents and fans blowing at low speed at the filter. Otherwise, you can smell them from time to time. That is a good question. I donā€™t know if it is a bad thing. You should be almost ready to flush them and harvest. That is exciting! Just sit tight and keep an eye on the amber and light bulb looking capsules.

@durabloom Oh yeah there is definitely beautiful stank upon contact. Iā€™ve squeezed a random bud here and there, nice and solid in many cases. I need rubbing alcohol to clean my fingers (truth is I just smell my fingers til it wears off LOL ) but otherwise I swear the tent smells like turkey. I have a carbon filter as well. Pretty effective Vivosun filter and fan.
I predict Iā€™m going to partially harvest as the plant is ready. Lower half of the plant buds are still pushing new pistols . Upper half of the plants look closer to ready

Maybe it is the tent or the equipment or maybeit is the strain since some seem to be less smelly than others. They should smell when rubbed like you have experiencedā€¦donā€™t do a lot of squeezing because you donā€™t want to rub the resin off. The fan leaves okay. Just wait until you harvestā€¦you will be sticky. You are lucky that they smell like turkey! The worst part of growing indoors is the odor.