Well I guess I’m probably going to have to rip the whole plant out tomorrow. There are no visual cues from the top side of the plant that it has turned into a hermaphrodite. The plant looks completely normal from the top… under is the reveal. With hind sight I now think the top 3/4 of the plant look totally normal and the bottom 1/4 of the buds are now showing pollen sacs that look like they want to burst any minute.
I was able to remove that one bud site but due to it’s position a bag wasn’t possible so I used a wet paper towel and covered it while pinching away.
I found another pile of pollen on a different branch…was not there moments before. This time I just clipped the whole branch because I just couldn’t see where it was coming from and my “WTF is going on here” level jumped to 10. I cut it, bring it out of the tent, turn it over and there are more pollen sacs than previously thought. I’ll probably have to slaughter it tomorrow.
I thought that if the plant turn in the hermaphrodite it would produce visual cues such as “banana” looking features. To anyone nonexperienced like myself, who is reading this post you should know that is not true. Your plant can look completely normal and be a hermaphrodite. You might not find out until it’s too late.
I’m venting on myself because 85 days have been likely lost and now I have to check all of my other plants thoroughly to see if they are showing signs. I’m still venting on myself when I say I look at my plants every day, if I had known for one instant that the pollen sacs would be hiding under the lowest buds I would’ve looked everyday.
I don’t have a camera that produces decent close up shots so I hope these photos are of some use. I mean NOW I can see the pollen sacs, but I’d have to flip the plant to see these.
@bob31 @Donaldj @Covertgrower