What does your run off set up look like

I have seen many different ways that ppl do run off. Spray and let them drain, dunk in a bucket for a few seconds then hold it until it barely drips. Seen some have them on a rack with a bucket under. Trying to determine the easiest way with out making a mess everytime as I will have 4 plants that will all be getting nutes and heavier watering coming soon and curious how do you do your run off or how is your set up? Personal preference?

4 Likes

I just use these and hand water in with this

6 Likes

At the other end of the scale is too much work, I take mine from the tent with one fill pot, one drain pan, I can do two at a time, one soaking one draining. An hour. Never had to do 4 same day since maybe 4wks old

6 Likes

For the smaller pots…up to 5-gallon grow bags I use these things so I can monitor the amount of run off from each plant. I put them on a 4" riser so they do not sit in water. I wet vac them out.

My 4x4 tent also has a 3x3 spill tray - once I switch to 7-gallon pots I just put the risers right on the spill try. It is slightly slanted to one side. I wet vac out the bottom after watering. My nutes recommend 15 - 30% runoff…and double that on a flush…so the big tray helps with the volume. My current flushes use 20 gallons with about 11 in runoff.

This picture shows the 3x3 tray in the bottom of the tent

5 Likes

My preference is to take my plants out of the tents and closet for feedings/waterings. This makes testing the runoff and then getting rid of it very easy. It also allows me to look over every inch of the plants very carefully. It’s easy to miss something when they’re in the tents and closet. But when they get too big to move around easily, and I have to feed them in their homes, I use this PVC rack I made, her name is Bendable Betty! She’s the perfect height to hold the 7 gal fabric pots up 1/2" off it’s lift so I can pull the saucer out after feeding and switch it for a clean one. I place her around the pot, lift the fabric handles onto Betty’s nubs, lol, do my work, and move on to the next one.

8 Likes

If u want the easiest way. Put your saucer on a spacer so its elevated and drill in a drain to run to a bucket with a condensate pump. Its automatic. Personally i use a auto watering system and just wet vac the runoff. I like the saucers with removeable drain pan but for what i do it is simply not big enough for the runoff. I like at least a 1 liter of runoff with just over a gallon of feed…20% or so

1 Like

Also, on the cocoforcannabisdotcom site, it will walk you through it if your more a visual guy

1 Like

Whats runoff? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Usually cow piss and roundup.

3 Likes

I dont know. I lug my TEN GALLON fabric pots outta my tent onto my back deck every time I water, dump a bunch of 5 gallon home depot buckets of dechlorinated water into em and throw em back in the tent after maybe 20 minutes :joy:

5 Likes

My back hurts just thinking about it

6 Likes

I shattered my T9 vertebrae a couple years ago. Never healed right and missing a good third of the bone.

My woman yells at me all the time about lugging huuuuja plants around :joy:

4 Likes

10 gallons? Holy crap dude. Im gonna build you a atv platform on tracks just to haul your plants around for you. Dont want the Mrs on your butt…

3 Likes

As i said, I want a bigger tent :joy::joy: I absolutely FILL my 2x4 with two plants and average a good pound, pound and half per grow from two plants :smile:

It gets a little dicey managing it all. Right now the girls are a good 6 foot tall easily and harvest should be in another 2-3 weeks tops.

It’s not so bad when they’re dry getting em out, but heavily watered is a whole other story lol

4 Likes

6 foot tall growing inside😳 getting a pound or more per plant😲 teach me what you do lol strains, lights, soil ,nutes holy shit I would love this

My girls are tiny compared to yours lol

4 Likes

Your girls look great though! You should be proud! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@Catdaddycox I did tag you to my grow journal. I don’t wanna hijack some one else’s post :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you I’m going to look through it for sure

2 Likes

This is actually really cool and innovative! Great idea and job!

2 Likes

About as simple as it gets

4 Likes