What am I doing wrong other than too much water?

So I need to measure the pH in the water or in the soil? because I think this gauge Is to measure pH in water only.

I think I am watering with a pH around 9. But wouldnā€™t FF soil fix this?

and it only gets worse from hereā€¦

your potted mmj plant requires a pH of 6.5, especially in a container.

by knowing the pH of the water going in, and measuring the pH of the water that drains, you can tell a lot about the soil.

not knowing the pH going in can affect the soil, changing the ph in the wrong direction over time.

all the nutrients needed are used at the proper pH only.

1 Like

I am going to grab a pH meter from the store right now. Thanks

Fox Farms soil is fixed at 6.5, perfect for the plant, but requires 6.5 water to maintain it or it will change

How can I lower the pH in my water organically. Add vinegar?

I have to look that upā€¦I am not a fan of that kind of pH fixā€¦

again, it only gets worseā€¦

Store bought pH up and pH down are best, they have buffers that help the solution work.

Let me look it upā€¦

@Hogmaster

Ok thank you

this link covers organic up and down, baking soda and vinegar

@Stomper. .

Update : my soil pH 7. I water with ph 5 water
@Stomper @Hogmaster @kabongster @Donaldj

but what comes out?

Should I water it and see?

If soil ph is 7 and you add ph of 5 you should get run off around 6 in theory? since goal is 6.5 you may want to start with water around 5.8 or flush to try and lower soil ph some

And if you transplanted just a day ago youā€™re not gonna see any difference for at least a week maybe a few days once we figure out the deficiency it is sheā€™ll bounce back

1 Like

7.5pH came out

Ok great I thought you said yesterday to wait 2 days.

Well now that itā€™s been watered and give it two days before you water again and I would pH 6.0 I would not want to go less than that because you will end up shocking your plan and causing another issue possibly it looks like it needs some Cal mag possibly a calcium deficiency

1 Like