VIRGINIA outdoor strain

Hello @BrvceBrvce and welcome . Before my move to the flat spot between Richmond and Charlottesville I was the other side near Piedmont
Beautiful area you live in . Welcome to the forum , it is where I learned everything I know about growing my own

3 Likes

@GrowMyOwn420 I have not used happy frog but the fox farms ocean forest is a hot soil and will last until flower on photos from my using it . I have started cutting it in half with promix garden blend and it has been working well for me I just start nutes earlier.

6 Likes

Wow they are beautiful flowers!! So when your full strength ocean forest grow went to flower, did you add nutes after it started flowering or were the nutes in the OF enough to carry it through? I plan on using FF Tiger Bloom for flowering stage but i don’t think I will if you grew beauts like that with just soil. What nutes to you rec if using a promix and OF blend? Really dig your name btw, that’s how we all lovingly refer to our father in my family . Thanks so much

2 Likes

Thanks and yes it is beautiful. As for the forum, it’s cool. Most people seem pretty friendly and ready to share information.

2 Likes

I use fox farm nutes at half strength to start when I switch over to 12 12 lighting and am pushing 1200 to 1300 ppm by the time I stop . To have a good super soil mix the best I have tried was garrigans .
What Im doing has not been tested except this grow Im just trying to find a cheaper easier way still have sucess these are my out door clones doing good in the same mix

4 Likes

Wow they look healthy! That’s great I appreciate you sharing that. I think I’m gonna use the FF nutes at 1/4 strength and see how they react and adjust accordingly. My goal ultimately is to get a tent and light as indoor seems alot better because of the control you have over everything . Outdoors is hairy bc of pests and insects etc but I’m still learning ways to deal with them. I have neem oil coming from Amazon so I’ll try that to deter the dreaded spider mites. Your girls really look healthy.

1 Like

I’m growing outdoors in Central VA. With the summer heat, how much water does a plant need? Do recommend covering or moving under shelter during downpours?

Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Why do you want auto flowers? Specifically

Hey nice to have you along! Welcome. Before you start growing outdoors, all you guys and gals want to rethink the premade soils. Ask yourself if you know anyone that has a great veggie garden. If you can grow great tomatoes and squash your in luck, you dont need store bought crappy pre loaded hydroponic mixes, you can grow pot ( big pot ) in regular ol’ garden soil. In fact its by far the best way to start your foray into growi g outdoor weed! I garantee it! When you wanna spice that dirt up a tad there are things yall can brew to make your plants into trees :deciduous_tree: like comfrey tea… its the easiest of them all and is mighty good for weed.

This plant was grown in good ol fashion dirt. No super soil mumbo jumbo, just dirt.

11 Likes

Because it seems easiest for a new grower. But I just got a pack of White Widow feminized, and have a pack of Granddaddy Pruple feminized on the way, so I’ll try them too.

2 Likes

How to avoid mold, mildew in SWVA?
First timer
Suggest strains. Lookin now at White Widow and Northern Wreck need high THC for cancer

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to delete. I’ve got two sprouts so far of purple haze. I’m going to be growing outdoors so I’d appreciate a little guidance. Should I put them outside to start? Or keep inside until they have some growth? I’m growing herbs inside a dog crate so the squirrels won’t dig in the dirt so they’d be sheltered somewhat.

Herbs as in basil

2 Likes

My first out door grow this year bud but indoors a gallon to one and a half each plant every other day inside and full flower . I imagine if you could cover in some of the heavy downpours it would prevent it getting beat up . I have decided to keep mine in a 10 gallon fiberpot to bring in if needed . The fiber pot is easy because you have to try hard to over water it

1 Like

Well Mowi went in the actual ground this morning
And since the tomatoes and the sguash do good here I hope @Cannabian has made my life easier thanks bud .

Toms
Squash

Weed

6 Likes

Hope it is as good as the mother plant was I manster cropped these clones from this plant

And if she is close to being like mamma oct .nov. should be fun to harvest.

3 Likes

Hell yeah bro! That is the ticket. Now water that deep around the plant about a foot or so away. I like to keep a dry zone under the plant. It actually isnt dry but less wet. The deeper and wider you water the bigger the root mat and obviously the more nutrient rich water it can uptake… hence a bigger plant.

2 Likes

Sweet! Nice veggies too. How long did you grow the Maui Wowie indoors before you planted it in the garden?

1 Like

Starting my first grow here in Central Virginia. Never thought I would live to see the day that I could legally grow four plants in my back yard. I’m pumped!

I planted four seeds from the Autoflower variety pack (2 amnesia haze, 1 northern lights and 1 blueberry). AH is sativa-dominant, while NL and BB are both indica-dominant. Here is one of the AH.

All were planted straight into my vegetable garden, after preparing four planting holes and amending the already decent soil with peat moss, homemade compost and a little vermiculite.

One week later, I have four healthy seedlings, each of which is growing its 2nd set of true leaves.

Time will tell if the sativas out-perform the indicas. All are getting exactly the same sunlight, and are being grown in the same soil.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice. We had a big storm with lots of wind and torrential rain a few weeks ago, but those are not a usual occurrence. We’re supposed to get rain this weekend, so I’m going to test the pH to determine if steps are needed to balance everything out.

1 Like