VIRGINIA outdoor strain

Here’s a pic of my tomato / peppers / eggplant garden. South-facing, good morning and early afternoon sun. The Lowryder and Wedding-Cake seedlings are obscured by the larger plants in the pic.

2 Likes

Nice area to grow . Not sure about keeping seeds in the fridge I just store them in a old film container in the back of a drawer. @BobbyDigital might know if the fridge will be dangerous for them.

2 Likes

Your going to love the ww

2 Likes

I keep mine in a pill bottle in the fridge. Years later and they’re still germinating. Thankful they haven’t been accidentally thrown out during fridge clean out weeks.

7 Likes

No kidding I thought I had read on here that made them Crack about half the time . Good to know and thanks for that and I’m moving to the butter bin

1 Like

Not sure if it’s necessary or not but I added rice to the bottle in case humidity was going to be an issue.

4 Likes

South West Virginia here… Looking forward to my first grow also :beer::grin::+1:

2 Likes

Going to try outdoors with a green house

1 Like

I’m in western NC. We have high humidity, lots of rain usually and a little cooler temps. It’s a challenge I have grown Crystal strain for 4 years now good success. I’ve grown gold leaf with decent success. This year it’s crystal, la confidential and Black widow. Molds are a major issue here. You have to start treating your girls for mold before you see it.
I learned that the hard way. Lost my entire grow 1 year to mold

2 Likes

I will keep that in mind thanks

So once my WW seeds get here, and they have grown tails, should I put a few right out in the regular old garden? same area I grow sunflowers, raspberries and lettuces?

I also have 3 and 5-gallon grow bags filled with a 3-3-3 mix of coir, worm castings and perlite. Is that too sterile a potting mix? I use fish emulsion and kelp meal for the vegetables, would that be an acceptable soil drench for my WW seedlings?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m a raw beginner to cannabis but life-long gardener of veggies and roses.

1 Like

757 here! I got 5 sour D auto seedlings outdoor/greenhouse/indoor all in 5 gal grow bags. They sleep in the g house and every morning at 9 am they are outside catching rays. I plan on putting them in the house when it rains, don’t want to take any chances with the mold, even In the green house. Although there is an exhaust fan built into the roof and I have 3 circulating fans in there too so it’s great circulation. They all are in different stages of growth, the oldest is in its 2nd week and all are emerald green and loving life. Question maybe y’all can answer. I use fox farm Happy Frog on the top 20 percent and Fox farm Ocean Forest on the bottom 80. Perlite mixed into both. What do y’all use for ph’ing your water? Since Happy Frog has good microbes in it keeping it balanced, I don’t want to use the mineral pH up pH down kit so as not to kill off the living soil. Supposedly the pH is kept in check by the HF but I want to make sure it’s within range before giving it to them. Any suggestions? Also I don’t plan on using any nutes except maybe the last 4 waterings. What are y’all feeding your girls? Our beautiful state just became alot more beautiful(July 1st). I’m a son of Virginia and proud as hell to be growing here

3 Likes

I’m using an RO Buddie now and running RO water with a bit of CalMag in Happy Frog. The RO Buddie is only about $50 on Amazon.

2 Likes

Wow I had no idea it was that inexpensive , I’m on there now and prob gonna get one. Thanks so much, for some reason I figured having RO water was a pipe dream. And alot of people are using cal mag with good results, I’m still on the fence as to which nutes I’m gonna feed them but pretty sure it’s gonna be that. I almost got the trio from fox farm but I think all that is just too much for my autos. Still learning as I’m going so suggestions and advice from others and my own experimenting is all I got right now lol Thanks again

2 Likes

Good to know. A few months ago, I put my new seeds (in their original plastic baggie), into a glass bottle filled with rice, and placed it in a crisper draw with the lever set to lowest humidity. They hygrometer in that drawer reads a steady 25%, so I trust they will be good for awhile. I don’t grow many plants, so I’d like the seeds to last as long as possible.

2 Likes

Same boat and learning as well myself. I already made a few missteps, but think am on the road to recovery.

Feel free to take a look at my grow journal if you want to see where I’m screwing up and hopefully where I’m not.

Overall feedback on the FF Trio is great as well as Jack’s 3-2-1. I just ordered the Jack’s set myself and figure I’ll keep a close eye on things and look for signs of needing nutes and have it on hand if needed.

Trying to keep the first grow as “simple” as possibly and I’ve seen some that say fresh Happy Frog will carry an Auto all the way through. We’ll see how that goes.

If you’re interested and can’t find it, let me know and I’ll tag you in.

2 Likes

Yup sativas heavy. The patriot pack wouldn’t be a bad buy either cuz younger two sativa dominants and the bubblegum which is a 50/50 hybrid. Regardless where u are in the state and the strain make sure u have good airflow. Things can get tricky down here in the valley. Esp with the scattered rains.

2 Likes

Can you please tag me in it? It helps alot to learn from each other , one of the great things about this forum. Plus everyone I’ve talked to has been very helpful. You are absolutely right about keeping this first one simple. I tend to over think and over react with other things but growing weed shouldn’t be like that, very sound advice. Im gonna check jacks out too. I say I’m not gonna do many nutes but I’m gonna feed at least one of the five and see how that differs from very slight feeding. And I keep seeing that about happy frog having enough nutes to last all grow with autos but I have got conflicting info on what to do lol so as a side by side comparison Im gonna have one I don’t feed and one I do. And also I keep forgetting that the plant won’t jump out of her pot and die if I screw up a little. Like you said , watch for signs and adjust accordingly. I have been taking a pic every day of each of my seedlings and soon I’m gonna post up a grow log and I will def do a side by side comparison with the happy frog feeding nutes and not just to test Fox Farms advice on not needing nutes. Not that I don’t believe them but just to see how big of a difference it makes, for me and anyone else who’s curious.

That is my biggest one, the others are a bit behind her in growth but it’s because I staggered thier planting by a few days.

1 Like

Northern VA here. I live in a hollow between the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sun is limited down here to a few solid hours. Either way I’ll be growing indoor and outdoor. I’ll probably be really busy this year helping friends dial in. I used to grow in Humboldt. My first grow is something new growers probably shouldn’t experience unless they’re dedicated to a solitary, off grid type of life style. I grew in Honeydew, CA. 500 plus acres, 20 plus greenhouses at 20x80 and 4 black boxes. None of our water came by pump or electricity. It was all gravity fed, so lots of running up and down mountain sides fixing leaks from rats and mice chewing the lines. No rest, not even during cutting clones and waiting for new growth. We mixed dump trucks worth of soil by hand and tarp. Anyways, I grew up in VA and the summers here are nasty. Best of luck to everyone here in VA.

3 Likes

Welcome @BrvceBrvce! Hope you stick around and share some of your experiences.

3 Likes