2 Likes

Oh, changes are in the air.

And while I plan.

Here are 4 of my strains.

1 Like

And these are happy.

1 Like

(no likes)
Out of curiosity, where did african buzz and somango originate from?
Clones look better than mine :joy: so much weird growth on mine, first they appeared to have a deficiency, then the leaves went weird on some and they look like they’re a 100 years old :joy:

1 Like

The African Buzz seeds came from an old supposedly, land race African Sativa called Malawi Gold that was crossed back into itself when the breeder found a faster phenotype. It’s supposed to flower in 9-11 weeks instead of 12 or more. Its gonna take a while. I got a 10 pack from Seedsman. I still have 8.

The Somango is from this old hippy dude in the Netherlands named Soma. He is all organic, and has won Cannabis Cups. He calls his company Soma’s Sacred Seeds. He bred Super Skunk - Big Skunk Korean - Jack Herer to create the 75% Indica he named Somango for its strong smell and flavor. I only bought one of these for a relative with slight tremors. Its growing beautifully. If it helps her, or even if it doesn’t, I want more just because of how strong it grows.

I’m glad I cloned these strains. Believe it or not, the two furthest along clones were simply stuck in moist dirt immediately after being chopped. They are both the tops from when they were topped. The Somango took a lot longer to find the strength to grow.

2 Likes

Awesome, love the back ground story. SKUNK is probably my all-time favourite strain, love the smell, love the taste, love the high. Sounds like some great genetics.
I have heard that there are numerous ways to clone successfully.
I’m fairly certain I caused the deformities in my clones, by super cropping just prior to taking clones, but I guess if they live, they should be sweet right?

1 Like

Yes, that’s how it’s supposed to work. When I topped my plants, I literally stuck em in dirt and put their lights on 12/12 looking for males. I didnt really mean them to live more than long enough to show a flower or sack, and here we are.

When I was messing with my aloe clones, I noticed roots as big as the cutting itself on one that looks halfway dead. I have high Hope’s for at least 6 of the 8 clones in that experiment.

My basement is cold and there is no heat in this area. It’s like these strains just want to thrive no matter how bad they get treated.

1 Like

Gotta love a strain that takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

1 Like

Got that right.

Oh, and I’m really looking forward to a nice Skunk for certain times.

1 Like

But for now how about a Free Mystery in the front, and an AK-48 in the rear?

If you didnt like that, how about a Somango loving her new really good soil.

And I gotta share this because I love these stretched out looking African Sativa leaves.

And that’s all folks.

3 Likes

All of the sudden these were poking out their roots a bit.

So I did this.

One of them just got a 3x3x6 inch nursery pot because I ran out of bags.

That’s OK, that one was a scraggler. It could barely push its seed off.

2 Likes

Babies are growin up nicely.

1 Like

They wont slow down for my plan. :roll_eyes:oh well, they will have better light Thursday. I’ll be training them in know time.

I have been intentionally abusing my clones, they weren’t getting enough light or water, been putting them off until tent was done, now they look root bound and I don’t have time for transplant until the weekend, ahhh they’ll be right til then :rofl:
Just gotta roll with the punches

1 Like

That’s the only way I know how.

1 Like

Eventually you get sick of rolling with punches and begin dodging before they are thrown haha.

2 Likes

I was reading someones thread and for now this is the only ventilation that I have for this tent.

The plants are finally growing enough that they needed something. They havent been getting anything.

Someone was bragging about how great these are. I got a refurb on amazon for 21 somethin’ dollars, or something around that price. Cheap. Love this fan. I’m getting another.

The plants are doing so well that it’s time to give them some love. The new bags I filled have a big ol $20 three month old living soil as the base. And i added lots of perlite. Blood meal, pro mix compost with micorazi, or however you say it. It’s got a good amount of earthworm castings. I think I want to spread some dichotomous earth on top to get started right.

I’ve been optimizing everything one step at a time, and that is all that I could afford to start with at the time the transplants had to happen.

2 Likes

I also have some Epsom salts and wonder if I should start that right away.