Under Construction: new budget veg area

Check it!

An AK48 has joined the party!
The mystery free seed has been born as well.

Not to mention that I am growing a beautiful Somango in my tent, and my clone is gonna make it! I dont have any more seeds of that strain, and it is super thriving. So happy about this clone.

And this clone is thriving. I got to high and forgot to mark it. It’s either a Somango or and African Buzz.

And furthest back is the Alaskan Purple that was the strongest specimen from the three seeds that I was given and germinated.

There is another sad clone that is gonna die, probably. Also, another AK48 seed has sprouted, and one more is disturbing the soil, ready to push through.

2 Likes

I’ve ghettoized my area a bit further. I’ve strapped 2 foot T5’s to the sides of these cheap led panels like they are boat pontoons or something. It almost tripled my light reading, which is still pathetic, but that’s just how it goes for now.

All 4 seeds I stuck a knuckle deep in moist soil have now sprouted. My caveman sprouting technique has gotten me a 90% success rate in the last couple months. Wet soil. Poke hole. Drop seed. Push soil on top. That’s all I do. Plus the humidity dome.

Anyway, you are looking at an Alaskan Purple, a Somango, 3 AK48’S, one african buzz, and 2 mysteries.

Lights and ventilation for this area are still weeks away.

1 Like

@froghog50 tagged ya’.

Holy big fungus, Batman," said Robin.

I guess I need to get the temp up and the air moving in here.

These fungi have outgrown my AK48’s and my mystery seed.

The light was too far away. They stretched. The soil and humidity had too much water. Check out those mushrooms. I have to research on how to proceed.

I’m keeping these seedlings one way or another.

2 Likes

An hour later they were gone. I removed the dome and brought the light closer.

1 Like

“Let go of me!”, the baby AK48 from Nirvana yells at that pesky seed shell.

This AK had no trouble with the push.

1 Like

So, here is what the free mystery seed looks like today.

And here is the lady I forgot to mark.

And here is the strongest of the three Alaskan Purple seeds that I popped.

Wait! Don’t do that with a pocket knife!

Too late, sucka’.

And just like that!

Double the central number of buds.

That was horrible technique. That thing wasnt even clean or sharp.

That is why I didn’t cut it off down near the node, but I cut it further up the internode.

If that stem dies back a bit, there is plenty of space for it to heal itself before it gets back to the node.

I dont stress over that stuff.

I also dont have a plan for this plant. I just need to keep it small for now. I’m going to have to figure a way and space to flower all of these.

The Alaskan Purple may become a mother. I will definitely take clones from her lower sides.

Who knows what I’ll do.

1 Like

What the heck! I may as well mess with it some more.

Let me attach a couple of wires.

And safety pins to the grow bag.

And twist and pull and pop the other leaves and branches into this shape.

And now I like how it’s coming together, so I may leave it alone.

I might throw it into my flower tent in a week on a little platform in the corner and just let her bloom to learn how it does for future ideas of how to do the legal 6 at a time and maximize every square inch.

2 Likes

This lady, in 24 hours, has recovered and basically outgrown her knife wounds.

You go, girl!

But her rough handling is about over.

I am going to put her into the corner of my flowering tent tonight. I started her sisters 12/12 lighting on Feb 1st. I chopped this ones head and then heads off twice since then. It has 8 spots that should flower. I’m just gonna do it and see how it ends up from this size.

So, this experimental plant is outta’ here and on to her final home, and place of eventual execution.

1 Like

And since she left now there is more space. I made some taller humidity domes for two of the AK48 seedlings, the free mystery strain seeding, and the Somango clone that need more vertical than that 1020 short dome can provide.

3 Likes

And then there were 5.

The final AK-48 seedling was gonna hit the tray dome.

And this is flash photography during their dark time.

I really dont baby them too much.

The humidity tray is filled with my aloe clones. @Enlightened420 They turned a slickly aloe color but most of them have returned to green, but that’s gonna be a different thread after they finish clone stage whatever the outcome.

2 Likes

And now the lights are on.

Before long, I’m going to have a 3x4x6 tent.

At that point, I’ll have a 3x3 and a 1x3x6 cloning and seedling section, so I wont be needing this.

That will be a couple of weeks away.

At that point I will retire this particular thread, but continue my journey in other ways.

Oh, yeah, lights on.

3 Likes

I’ll start at the top and catch up, unfortunately no likes, monkey’s underpants (IOU) :v:

1 Like

I really like what you did with the shelves at the start, with a bit more tweaking you could really create something amazing for your seedlings and clones. Very ingenious! :v:

Thanks.

I’m always tinkerin’ with something.

Eventually I’ll bolt or rivet on proper wooden panels for this little “hobby” space, hang one of COB’s in here and have a cool little workable spot.

I’m gonna need 3 seperate functioning areas for the crazy plan in my mind to work. 24 hour space which will probably be this. My 2x4 which will probably be 18/6, and another. I cant decide if 3x3 or 3x4 would work better for the space I have.

So, I’m 90% sure this is an African Buzz lady. I’m 100% sure it is female.

And this clone is gonna make it. Its Somango.

I didnt snap a pic of any Alaskan purples, but at least one if not both of them will make it.

How about some AK-48 babies?

And I will probably never know what this is. It was from a proper seedbank, as a free unmarked gift.

This budget area, while ghetto, is ensuring continual production is getting set up.

2 Likes

These youngens are gonna need to move out of these little personal atmospheres and experience the world on their own soon.

I’ve been doing the things a good parent needs to do and gathering supplies.

1 Like

And he’s another shot of my ghetto.

I got suburban sprawl where they all look worn out and take up too much space.

I got my high rise projects where everyone is just claiming their spots amongst each other,

and then I got that beauty livin’ in the downtown penthouse.

Or something like that.

2 Likes

Time to transplant Ms. Somango 2.0.

And I’ll have 4 more that will need a real light, bigger home, and transplants real soon.

I’m gonna have to keep training them until late May when my others are done to stay legal.

1 Like

So, I whipped up a batch of good soil.

And filled up a new bag with the soil and packed a space for the root ball by using the 3x3 nursery container it’s in.

That left this.

The next part goes real quick. Check out those happy roots that are ready to go.

And Bam!

Now back to my ghetto.

2 Likes

And I gotta keep tweaking…

I just measured. I could fit a 4x4 tent in here, but that would only leave me with a 26" walkspace.

I could work with that. I’m 5’8" and almost in shape.

Then I could slide my 2x4 down to where my ghetto veg and clone space is.

My metal table could hold a $45 2x2x4 tent for seedlings and cloning duty.

We’ll see.

3 Likes