The sunset is purple and gold

Rhino skin is a silica product any silica product in hydro/coco is good. In soil not so much as soil has silica in it.

Big bud is a good additive as is voodoo the rest I’m a bit wishy washy on ide like to see the science but overdrive and bud candy Intrest me the most I just wish there was data out there on them.

2 Likes

I recently started using big bud and bud candy and later use overdrive but i personally dont apply until I see its in full flower mode. Thats just me

1 Like

I can understand were your coming from. I went this way with it because that is what’s suggested by the manufacturer, and after reading about the products and the more I learn about the plant structure I understand why they recommend using it that way. Bud candy is used to boost the Molecules that build flavor and aroma, I haven’t tried it any other way perhaps I might with the next grow and measure the difference. Starting the flavors profile should start at the beginning imho. Could be the chef in me thinking of flavor and how we build it in the kitchen and trying to apply to science hell idk

1 Like

The girls are looking really good, nice buds starting to show.

3 Likes

I know what they say AN says they do but hey if I told you my cannabis was tested by myself st 35% would you believe me without a 3rd party lab?

2 Likes

Nope I wouldn’t, even though I can’t find a 3rd party test doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. After all the reading I’ve done and seeing / hearing other growers talking through there experience sold me. So my plan is to do my own review of the different nutes. I might find there is something better or I might find that I’ve got it right with AN. I’m still working out the details on how I am going to do that. I’m not a researcher that records data but more of the type that I follow others and refer to there data.
Growing weed is a lot like cooking. It’s the same dish but we all have a different recipe to get us there. The really awesome thing about it is that nobodies recipe is better than your own. Much like creating a BBQ sauce you have to decide on the base and then you build from there. At the end you have a BBQ sauce. You could follow my recipe to the T and have a different out come. For me it’s the journey of developing my BBQ sauce that drives me. Yes I am used AN and I am using the full line up base off the master grow schedule, even though I’m not an expert, nor a master, but I can follow instructions. Now I’ve kept a journal outside of the forum, here I keep more detailed notes. Next grow I plan on tinkering with the recipe, making it more mine, I might find a different product that I like better. The key to all of it is to keep an open mind.

2 Likes

I like your analogy :smile_cat:

I totally agree.
AN is actually a almost local (3hr from my dad’s house) company and the guys there definitely have done some great work in cannabis nutrients its a great line to follow and you will get great results as you have seen.
Unfortunately the cost is high and rightfully so.
I do however wish they shared more fo the research and the data on their side or provided it to 3rd parties to do a study.
I know the science behind big bud and voodoo juice is rock solid, their 3 part nutrient is good although I would love to see it go head to head in a controlled study against GH and Jack’s but one needs a farm to do this type of stuff and we are mostly just hobby growers lol.

If your looking to compare AN to something I would suggest either Chemgro 4-20-39 (my nutrient right now) or Jack’s (have it but haven’t used it in a grow off against the chemgro although that’s my next grow plan).

As always if you need any assistance or want to bounce ideas, have questions or whatever feel free to tag me @BigCountry74

I’m using big bud for the first time myself I hope it makes a noticeable difference.
I was going to use voodoo this round but ended up using fishshit (fish head farms) and I was blown away by the root development. So I think Im going to run a root challenge this summer with voodoo vs fishshit. Gonna plant a bunch of bag seed and see who grows the fastest in the same conditions then toss them all as it’s jute a root growth test.

2 Likes

I don’t really have anything to report on today. Tomorrow is feeding day. It’s also the halfway point of week 3 of bloom. I’ll share some pics tomorrow for the group and som individual bud pics. I know it’s early but I am going to focus on 1 node / bud per plant and document the growth. I’ll most likely go with the main cola as it’s the easiest to remember. See y’all tomorrow

2 Likes

Ok as promised below are the pics. I will use a shot glass that is 2 in tall and 1.5 in at the opening tapered to 1 in at the bottom. This will give scale to the size of the buds as they grow. I will take the bud pics every Wednesday. First the group shot. From left to right we have the SRS in the middle we have the PRH and on the right we have the gold leaf. I have done some cropping on the SRS and PRH but not the Gold leaf.

I did top one of the gold leaf, and I broke one of the kolas from the main steam. Luckily it was not broken completely off and I was able to save it. The is the cola/bud I will follow from that plant and I will label it GL1

This one is it’s sister we will call her GL2

This is the PRH

Now these two are the SRS sisters

1 Like

Have you watered them lately?

In that pic they had just been watered

1 Like

I’ve noticed the SRS seem to droop

1 Like

Looking good, the SRS seem to droop, not under or over watered, I think it’s just the way they are. I have them a little extra pick me up when I feed them today see if they perk up.

2 Likes

I forget are you in a 2x4?

Hmm that’s odd. Well hopefully thats the way that strain is. Ive had a couple of strains actually rest when lights out. Then when the lights come back on the perk back up. When i first experienced it i thought it was over or under watered but after researching i learned its normal

2 Likes

No I’m in a 3x5

1 Like

Be sure to remove that old plant matter your going to attract pests. Keep your grow clean

2 Likes

Good morning good folk! The SRS Lokk a lot happier this morning.
@Nicky thanks for calling out the debris in my tent, been meaning to take care of that, I’ve been lazy. But this morning I got it all cleaned up the best I can until the grow is over and I can take the tray out and wash it.
I meant to talk about this yesterday the gold leaf is really showing out with bud sites. I’m gonna have to clean that up too. I’ll show you pics of that on Wednesday when we do bud pics.

Here I circled the SRS. I’ve moved them around to get different strength of light

3 Likes

All good I seen it in a couple pics so I figured ide mention it as I could tell it was starting to degrade lol.

1 Like

Yep after moving them around a little, extra nuts and the SRS are looking much better

3 Likes