The Force is Strong in this one!

Definitely need to put number 4 or number 8 in BOM 2018 lol fantastic job! Only can dream my little as pretty ! Lol

1 Like

I am stalking your journal today;) Great stuff @TxGrowman!

I love the no. 5 looks clear and full, good white balance on that pic.

1 Like

@TxGrowman Remember that the entries close on the 21st. Did you decide which one you are going to enter?

1 Like

All set up and submitted. Thanks !

4 Likes

Thanks All for your input. My entry has been posted in BOM !

They all looked great to me ! Was a hard decision.

1 Like

Great! I will go take a look. Was that #7

1 Like

Sure was buddy. She was one of my favorites ! The bud is really hard packed and she smells fantastic. I was looking at the other one that had all the trichomes on it for a shock picture (#6) but #7 pleases me more.

It has been a long road this grow. A lot of experimentation went into this grow. Was a fun grow. I have not decided how I am going to grow my next one. It is ILGM Northern Lights that is supposedly ideal for mainline as it is an almost pure indica and has a compact size. I may do another mainline now that I have a lot of mistakes out of the way on this one.

Take care. :us: :man_farmer:

4 Likes

I mainlined all my aeroponic grows. They didnā€™t turn out very well. The method worked but the growth was slowed to much and the veg time was way to long. This is the worst grow Iā€™ve had so far. I will be switching over to an all coco grow next time. The AN perfect PH did not perform as advertised either. I will not be buying that line again.

With my pending clinical trial I can not spend much time on my grows, so I have to switch to a method that doesnā€™t need much attention.

3 Likes

@Tylan I was looking at my leaves that I broke of my plant today. I cannot recall ever having leaves as dark green as the ones on this plant. Is this the case with your Skywalker ? I am going to try to get a picture that does justice to the color.

It just struck me as I was looking at her buds that the leaves were that dark. I am getting in the final days of growing this plant. The trichomes are getting all cloudy and even a couple that are brown. They are getting close to the area I want them. This grow is strictly for medicine. I believe that I will be happy with this yield.

I am also starting a Northern Lights as soon as I put this plant in darkness. I am thinking about putting it in the 2x4x5 grow tent and just keep topping her. I may put in a screen to do a Scrog, I have never done one and I have seen a lot of really big yields from the Scrogā€™s.

I may try another mainline but NOT make all the mistakes that I did this time.

@MAXHeadRoom, I agree with what you said about the mainline, but I still have the belief that I can make a bigger grow if I stop making mistakes that put me back. I assessed how much time I set her back in mistakes in growing and I came up with a number of 3+ WEEKS of mistakes. I had a lot of problems doing stupid mistakes that slowed down the grow.

This was the longest time I have had a plant alive in the grow box, a lot of that was vegging time. I am limited to what I can do due to size but I can handle that. I just like to watch nature do her thing with a little help from me ! lol My grow box is only 18x19x60 inches and that is after the ā€œapartmentā€ added on top. Am glad I did it, will make the other grows that much better.

If I can get into the tent, all that much better. I can grow two strains at the same time. My medicine and one to just party with. Would be nice to have a nice stash to go home to visit my buddies with in the fall. Gonna try to hunt whitetails in NY and Texas this year if we can swing both. Would be awesome. Hope all is going well @MAXHeadRoom and all your test results start favoring you a little more. Take care man !

Everyone have a great 4/20. Jerry :us: :man_farmer::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll need to go and look but Iā€™m battling a severe N+P deficiency which is turning my leaves light green then yellow and dropping off. Also have stems turning purple. Not at a massive rate but my Skywalker was hit first and pretty hard. There were so much clumped up nutrients at the top of my soil that never made it in. I broke them up and my next runoff was 3k! I need to be on top of that. I actually might not use NFTG next time because of this.

Tonight Iā€™ll snap some pictures of the leaves I donā€™t think were affected to see what shade of green they are.

2 Likes

In my grow I used NFTG and didnā€™t have that problem ? :confused:
When I get back in a month and start my next grow i think I will try autopot setupā€¦ Other wise I would use the NFTG line againā€¦

Unfortunately it was the second time this happened during this grow that I had to break up the clumped up nutrients. Iā€™m leaning towards a hydro grow next so NFTG would be out at that point anyway. I do like the line Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s something I could do different that would fix it. Maybe I put too much extra perlite in the promix dunno.

1 Like

@TxGrowman hereā€™s a picture of one of my leaves. They are darkish but nothing that gives me pause.

4 Likes

Mine are not a problem and they look healthy but are very dark. Not going to complain, she seems to be in final finishing gear now. I am getting excited.

3 Likes

I have been only giving water now for 3 days and she looks like someone sprinkled sugar over the leaves. I am contemplating if I want to split her now or wait a few more days. I really want all the nute ā€œtasteā€ out of her when I smoke her.

The watering today actually turned out to be a mini-flush as I could not take her out of the grow box (visitors in the house) I siphoned out 800 ml from the dish under her out of the 3700 ml I put in.

Am starting to get anxious to get her drying. The colaā€™s look so nice.

5 Likes

Are you going to drill the stem? If you are, Iā€™d drill at least 2 holes. I saw more improvement after the second hole was drilled.

2 Likes

I wish I could have waited for this week to submit the BOM ! The size of my buds has really increased in the last week. They looked like they were dipped in donut sugar this morning !

I was seriously considering drilling the stalk. I was going to ask you where you saw the difference in the end results ? More Trichomes or size of the bud? Something else ?

Since you had to make two smaller holes, I was thinking about a bigger hole and only one. My stalk looks like it would take a pencil without much problem and that should make her realize she is in trouble ! LOL

I was looking at the ivory chop sticks that I got overseas about 40 years ago. I never used them but my wife said that I was not going to use them for THAT ! It is not really going to hurt them and it would make just the right size hole I was looking for. Might as well make use out of them once at least. They were not cheap and at least get to use them once !

Just before harvest I am also going to try the ice water bath for the roots. It is supposed to make the trichomes pop. Canā€™t hurt.

@Niala

[quote=ā€œNiala, post:212, topic:17057ā€]
it will cut the xylem and phleom and most probably affect the nourrishment of the end of the mainlining parts further on the growth.[/quote]

I was wondering about the need to split the stalk at all. It almost seems like a really tight constricting band of wire would do the same thing. What do you think ??

3 Likes

My question is ā€œwhy not?ā€ At this point it may be a different experiment to try and if it produces a better outcome then it would be something others might want to try. Personally, for those of us with shakey hands tying a wire may be easier then drilling or stabbing a hole. Just a thought :thought_balloon:

2 Likes

I noticed increase in trichomes for sure. Not sure about bud size though. Not noticeable to my naked eye. I also did cold water the last week of the flush. Not ice water, but as cold as I can out of the tap. So maybe it was one or the other, or both combined, but I say it was worth it. :+1::v:

4 Likes

You can always take a picture and submit it next month. Your only 2 votes away from winning this month!!!

4 Likes