The Force is Strong in this one!

i use a old ice pick and bamboo skewer… sometimes the stalk splits sometimes not
i do like to split open,make plant believe it is in trouble…lol because it is!!

5 Likes

@BIGE @MattyBear @FloridaSon @MAXHeadRoom Thanks all for the input. That is what I love about this site, always some new things going on and someone to supply information !

Sometime I would love to get together with all the people here. I know it would be impossible but would be a fun time for darn sure ! Am going to try to visit some growers in the northeast this spring/early summer when I go up to New York. :sunglasses: :us: :man_farmer:

7 Likes

name the time and place jerry…lol
i like road trips!

3 Likes

Swing north after you pick @BIGE and grab me :hugs:

3 Likes

I could meet you in Lake City. I-10 east and then head north and grab the others on the way!

Stoner caravan!

“Shotgun!”

6 Likes

IMG_0573

6 Likes

Opened my grow box this AM and almost got knocked off my feet ! ! The smell was unreal. I felt like I got high just from the smell. The buds look like they were dipped in sugar and stuck up to dry. My pistils are changing fast and I am looking at about 10 days at the most I think.

Tomorrow is photo day and get it submitted for B.O.M. I got side lined by Grandpa Duty yesterday. Make up T-Ball game for one of them. I had a soccer game Saturday for the other in howling wind and cold.

Am waiting to see what @MattyBear does on his “Tool Time” splitting of the stem. Might be a better (and SAFER) way for me to go. Not quite as steady with the knife as when I was first assist in surgery ! LOL

I am OUT of pot now and cannot wait for my apprentice to complete her training. I am going to resist the temptation to break out some early. These buds are just too beautiful to compromise the grow now. I did manage to score some narcs from my ortho doctor (surprised me) but I still do not like them as well as cannabis although it does make my pain more bearable. I also noticed since I ran out of smokables, I cannot breathe as well as when I have some.

Going to use the cold water just before harvest and lower temp in the grow area as well as splitting the stalk. Going to start Northern Light seed soon. :us: :man_farmer:

@SmoknGranny Love the party sign ! !

9 Likes

It’s going to happen someday!!! It’s on my bucket list to hug as many of our ILGM family as possible :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Southern girls are real friendly when they know you…:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I just got home from a 3 day vacation and they are a bit more colorful and I’m gonna harvest tomorrow or Thursday so I drilled another hole in both of them! They will dry out now and then it’s chop time!

4 Likes

Are you going to put her in the dark for 48 hours ?

Also, I read an article that stated that watering them a cold/Ice water just before harvest will shock the roots and may increase trichomes although this is not proven positive results have been obtained.

@Donaldj should the stem be split before the 48 hours of darkness ? If yes, how much before they go into darkness. It seems like the answer would be yes but just wanted to check.

1 Like

Yes stem should be split a day or so before going into darkness

4 Likes

Thanks Brother. I am adding a lot of new procedures to the Skywalker and most (actually all to this point) the procedures have had a positive effect.

I am going to put pictures in for B.O.M. for the first time, I have never had any buds like these before. I have had some nice ones but these are much better than everything to this point. The buds are nice and frosty.

5 Likes

@MAXHeadRoom I was wondering if I posted a few pics, could you tell me what is best by your eye ? I have so many it is hard to tell which is the best. A wonderful problem.

2 Likes

Sure buddy. I would love to help
@TxGrowman

2 Likes

There are a couple of good pics there and I cannot decide. I look at them all the time and someone that does not might have a different perspective. Thanks @MAXHeadRoom

13 Likes

There is a BOM winner in one of those pictures!!!
Outstanding Job @TxGrowman

4 Likes

I like the first picture and #7 picture. Great job. They all look good. Great job @TxGrowman Very frosty :sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

yep,that is a looker jerry!!

1 Like

I think I prefer 5 or 6. Pretty messed up giving us a difficult multiple choice quiz!

4 Likes