The cheesy bubble bucket. Im trying something new

Here’s the little cheese autoflower on her 32nd day since germ. Wow, she did get a slow start but she’s growing nicely thanks to everyones help :green_heart:

20190219_090103
Her PH is 5.86~ EC .68 ~water temp 68.4 and holding steady. She is 3.75" tall and 6" wide.
Today I’m getting this area ready for my new grow tent arriving tomorrow

Ya, it’s a mess. I’ve been rearranging and getting ready. The new tent is 36×36×72…so yay, I see some photos growing in my future. In the meantime It will become my veg tent for autoflowers. I’ll throw my blurple king plus 1200w (235 actual watts) in the veg tent. I have my viparspectra too but it’s lighting my veggy/ herb hydro garden nicely right now. If needed I can steal it and throw my veggies under CFLs and numerous miscellaneous lights I have laying around. And of course there is also the possibility of building another QB in the future…ya, I bet that happens by July😂
If anyone knows anyone who has a DWC grow and uses megacrop I’d love to check out their plants and grow. Please tag me. I can’t seem to find anyone myself, I’ll keep searching. Have a Happy growing Tuesday y’all :v::green_heart: I gotta get busy feeding the big girls

7 Likes

DID SOMEONE SAY CHEESE!!!
did i ever tell ya i love cheese ?

she is 16 days from sprout

omg expanding you are :smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations on the new tent Jewels! Expansion is the best :grin: Can’t wait to see what all you grow in it!

2 Likes

It happens :joy: when I started this adventure last April, I had no plans to expand but hey :person_shrugging: what’s a girl who loves to smoke supposed to do?..Grow more :+1: I’m currently down to smoking my blueberry that I just harvested last month so it’s a necessity in my mind :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks @Missiles, I’m eventually going to do a side by side dwc and soil grow same strains and nutes. Just for fun, see Which method gives me better results like. It will be cool to see if the taste is the same in both. I think it will taste the same but the DWC will give me more quantity…we will see this spring. Then going to do a side by side with same strain and FF nutes vs mega crop. I’d like to completely switch to mega crop but have always used FF so I’m used to it and have plenty on hand to use up. If I get a huge difference in the 2 nutes and MC ends up best…Wich I predict it will be, fox farm will go out the door to my outdoor flower, veggie beds and my numerous trees flowering shrubs. Comparisons are fun and educational

2 Likes

I’m wanting to see the MC comparison also. I have my sample from them but I am already trying the Mammoth P on this grow and mixing up two separate waters each time for water day was already a PIA without throwing another one in the mix. I can’t wait to see how yours do :grin:

2 Likes

Unless your experiments are done with clones… your outcomes are for sure going to be different from one another… every seed is different and sometimes clones can be different from one another depending on if you took the clone from the top or the bottom of the mother plant… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s Not a Mess, too embarresed to show you what a mess really looks like :joy:
Sorry to hear about your recent stay at the hospital & glad to see that you’re feeling better.
She’s looking real nice and the slow start you can just chalk it up to the ol Learning Curve :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Great point, your absolutely right. Sometimes my stoner brain goes off wandering :joy:
@Mote thank you. It’s good to be back to my energetic self :slightly_smiling_face: yes, I don’t get too excited. Every grow is another learning experience. Thanks you guys for stopping by my grow :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Anytime my fellow cultivator… :wink:
Always here to share information… :grin:

1 Like

Woohoo!!!, would ya look at that

My tall tent finally arrived today and cheese has it all to herself under the King blurples
Cheese auto is 4" tall 9" wide and 34 days old. She has a fresh clean bucket filled with RO water , 6ml of hydrogaurd. 6ml of cal mag, 1.5 tsp of Megacrop. PH’d to 5.8 Final TDS 700 :+1: I hope she’s happy but I got to thinking :thinking: I probably should have let her adjust to new tent and light before changing bucket and increasing nutes. From 500 to 700ppm. Now if there’s a problem, I’ll have to figure out if it’s lighting or nutes related :open_mouth::roll_eyes: Well, lets hope no problems arise :slightly_smiling_face: the king 235 watt is 33" up from plant top. I know she’ll miss the QB but it’s just until the Amnesia Haze finishes up.
I’m gonna have to get another timer for the bucket heater. It’s not adjustable and after an hour her water temp jumps up to 75 so I unplug and let cool back to 68 and plug it back in. Well it really sucks. At night and when I’m gone I leave it unplugged. It drops to 67 Not sure how high it goes but I’ll try it out in a water bucket without plants sometime.

Oops, turn those dang blurples off!! :grin:

That’s all for today :v::green_heart:

8 Likes

64 to 70 degree water temps are just fine…
Anything below 60 and above 72 degrees and then you might start to worry…
66 to 68 degrees is the target temp for your water…
Lookin good tho… :wink:

5 Likes

I was going to say same thing lol I keep mine 65-71

2 Likes

Thanks guys :slightly_smiling_face:, keeping it up off the cold basement concrete keeps it up around 68 so I’ll leave it at that and monitor :+1: scored me a “crock pot” thermometer in the clearance pile at the store, $2. Works great for keeping an eye my bucket temp. Probably come in handy when I make more budder too. :v::green_heart:

1 Like

Colder temps won’t hurt them, just slow things down a bit. Great start. Soon enough you will be trimming the hedges.

1 Like

They sell a little fish tank thermometer at wallyworld for a $1 dollar …
Theres markings on it to keep your fish happy and alive… i just keep water temps in those ranges and never have any issues with root rot and plants grow so fast , its hard to keep up with them… :wink:

8 Likes

Congratulations Jewels! That big tent looks great :wink: I still can’t get over the head room I have in mind now I was so used to that 4 foot tall one. The basement is coming together.

4 Likes

Thanks missiles :blush: headroom is great. I just now found your recent grow. I only had your first grow set to watch. I
have to get caught up on your shenanigans, it’s
set to watch now.
I’m loving the taller tent. I can’t wait to try a photo :smiley:. Have to get some seeds. I only have autoflower and bag seed. So many choices for photos. :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

I’m glad you found it Jewels :grin: I knew I had tagged you when I started the thread but I think that was when you were in the hospital. So glad you’re feeling much better now. And you are correct there are so many options with the photo seeds. I have my first one growing now but she’s only a little over 3 weeks old. I have some things in store for her LOL

4 Likes

Your girls are looking healthy @Missiles. Congrats on the topping, you did a great job :+1:. Ya, idk how I missed the tag, your probably right, it was around then. Thanks :v::green_heart:

3 Likes