The cheesy bubble bucket. Im trying something new

Day 28
Ya, I know She looks like a 14 day old. But her color looks better :+1:

She has mega crop added to an EC of .48 started her out light.
Water temp is 63.9 F ~PH 5.8~ air temp 69.8F RH 67
I had 30 ml of H2O2 added but I noticed an area of roots that appears to be turning brown. So I added another 30 ml of H2O2
I’m going to look into getting what I’ve seen others use , hydrogaurd I believe? I’m getting on Amazon here next.

Am I on the right track? I appreciate any feedback If I’m doing something I shouldn’t or not doing what I should. This is my first hydro grow :slightly_smiling_face:
@DoobieNoobie @BigDaddyCain @Haildamaged @TDubWilly @Bogleg @Myfriendis410 @Grandaddy013

10 Likes

I think you are okay. Your nutrient load was likely a bit low and it’s recovering. You can spray 50/50 3% H2O2 directly on the roots if you are concerned. Hydroguard and peroxide don’t mix FYI. I’m using Hydroguard and so far so good…

3 Likes

Thanks @Myfriendis410 that’s good info to know for sure. I appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How ya feeling @GreenJewels? Hope all is well.

1 Like

@GreenJewels hay they look awsome now when they hit the water and I see they have the roots will change from a white to an off white and you need to put about 1-2 in space between the net pot bottom and water lvl and the part u seen going alittle brown is normal it will be the air root that all hydro get the root in water will stay white like thay are until u start to hit them with nuits then they will go to a bone or off white color due to the nuits they don’t stay pure white for long as long as they aren’t slimy or brown you are fine but yes you are on right track get water temp to 68-70 and the growth will explode also at that age don’t blast them with to much of the h2o2 I only do that if there is any slimyness to the roots but if the buckets are clean and you change the water ever 7-12 days you will be fine I Have Thiis On Follow And I’ll Get You To Love Hydro IT IS AWSOME I PROMISE.

1 Like

@GreenJewels if you going to top her do it now she’s big enough to handle I top mine 17 days after they pop from seed if u wait to long you will have a higher chance of the top point splitting under the weight also by doing it now you will end up with 4 tops like they are in my grow that’s about to be in week 8 of flower on sun unless they are autos then don’t top atall

1 Like

Thanks @BigDaddyCain, I’m thrilled your watching. I want to get this right . I believe your right I will love hydro. Nothing slimmy :+1: I’m getting my portable RO set up and figured out today. I’ll change her bucket as she is about due, it’s been 9 days. Now that I’m feeling much better. Thanks for asking @Midwestnewbie finally getting some energy back :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

@GreenJewels ok when you start usein the RO before the other nuits u need 200 ppm of calmag minimum to start or you will get the deficiency right off the bat you do t want anything but pretty green during veg you will get some nuit burn but you don’t want it at start of life for her she will get mad also don’t be afraid to change water more often if you are seeing any deficiencies that’s the best thing about hydro if it don’t look right to you change the water if your getting burn change water and start over at lower dosage but keep eye on it. It’s your first time so this will be a trial and error grow then the next one will be awsome but we will get you there I promise

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch, your a wealth of knowledge :slightly_smiling_face::v::green_heart:

1 Like

Like what was said before, don’t mix H2O2 with hydrogaurd. When you get your hydrogaurd, do a complete water change and start using the hydrogaurd

5 Likes

It’s the little things in life that excite me

Like my first jug of RO water. My TDS is 100 though? I figured it would be lower. My tap/ well water without runs 400 so it’s a definite improvement. Really shot my pH up. Tap is 7.3 ~ RO is 8.2 :open_mouth::person_shrugging:

6 Likes

Dang, most I’ve read struggle to keep cool. I can’t get warm enough :grin: I set up a little heater outside the tent near the intake to raise my tent temp a tad in hopes that this would help. I may have to go dig out my son’s aquarium heater? I’m still at 63.9 water temp. My tent is upper 70s- 80. This grow is in my basement and the concrete floor is ice cold. I think first I’ll try raising the bucket off the ground and see if that helps.
Here she is today, looking happy

She had a bucket change last night. She has 200 ppm of cal mag and about 3/4 tsp of Mega crop ~ pH 5.82~ EC .6 ~

I just noticed my canning jars rack hold a bucket perfect. That would get it off the cold floor.
Just not sure about the fact that it’s a little rusty?

7 Likes

It’s working ( heater and raising bucket) my water temp is up to 65.2 it’s only been a little over an hour since the bucket raising. I’ll keep a good eye on it. I don’t want her temp going to high to fast :+1: :v::green_heart:

6 Likes

Good catch @GreenJewels!

2 Likes

@GreenJewels outside heater won’t heat water properly get a fish tank heater and put it in the bucket if ur rdwc then put it in control bucket if you are single buckets and more then 1 get a electric radiator heater for the room if you use a forced air heater it will eat all of the RH out of the room and the ladies don’t like that but 1 bucket get fish tank heater. My grow is same way but I’m rdwc so one fish tank heater I’m my control bucket keeps it at 68 night 70-71 lights on and that is perfect for rdwc growing but don’t let it get above 73-75 degrees it cause a lot of evaporations and makes nuit Solution to strong as well as it can cause root rot and bad bacteria in water to grow at explosive rate and will kill them

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m back to the Attic to dig in my son’s aquarium supplies :wink: he has one , I’m sure.

4 Likes

@GreenJewels I see you found my post to help the other guy on his hydro grow but if you go down I explained how to build a cheap 2 bucket rdwc system if you are interested in going rdwc give it a look

5 Likes

hey tag over to that i wanta experiment some lookin at options thanks

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to RDWC, this is my start. I have a 50 gallon plastic barrel I can use for a reservoir. I have some pond pumps laying around too but may purchase a new :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

@Haildamaged I tagged you over there

1 Like