The cheesy bubble bucket. Im trying something new

Well I’m trying something new… hydroponics. I’ve built a DWC bubble bucket.

Your welcome to hang out, guide me or maybe learn with me :v:

Seed ILGM cheese autoflower sprouted 1/18

The seedling is in rockwool and soon will go into the net pot with hydroten clay pebbles on the bottom, a layer of perlite surrounding the rockwool and roots, then topped off with more hydroten.

She is sitting in my seed starting station under a Ferry Morse T5 High output 24w 6400K on the heat mat with the humidity dome on. Temps day 70-75°night 63-68° F . humidity 70-85,%

My nutes I’m pretty sure will be fox farms basic trio and bloom trio. I do have my sample of mega crop Which sounds to be much easier :thinking: but I think I’ll save that to use on my lettuce, herbs, strawberries and veggies hydro attempt I have going on. There is still time to decide.
After the cheese autoflower seedling is big enough for the bucket she will move into the 32"x32"x63" tent under HLG QB 120 V2 3000k LED’s X4
190cfm 4" fan vented straight up my house chimney. I have a carbon filter but don’t have it on my fan since I have no odor problem and live in the country.
I have a couple dehumidifiers large and small when needed (summer mostly) and I have a whole house forced air furnace humidifier along with a small cool mist humidifier for in the tent.

I have a few questions
1: my well water runs a TDS of around 300-400. When I do start my nutes, should I subtract well water TDS number from my total with nutes TDS to get my base nutes TDS?
2: When I top off in the future should I use maybe 2/3 distilled to 1/3 well water to keep my PPM’s in check?

Currently I have 3 gallons of distilled mixed with a little over a gallon of my well water. I’m slowly decreasing pH from 7.4 to 5.8 TDS of the distilled well mix is 97. I obviously need a little well water to be able the change the pH of my distilled so what’s your thoughts?
@DoobieNoobie @raustin @blackthumbbetty @OldSchoolGrower @MattyBear @Screwauger @Haildamaged @Familyman @Budbrother @PurpNGold74
:v::green_heart:

14 Likes

@peachfuzz @Missiles @Bubblehead @dbrn32

2 Likes

Looks like a good start. I’d use the mega crop. It was designed specifically for cannabis.

2 Likes

Thank you Jewels! I would love to tag along and watch you grow in your bubble bucket. I think this is going to be fun :wink:. You always are so handy with making things that you need.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m certainly considering it :slightly_smiling_face::v:

1 Like

Thanks @Missiles. I try to get creative and repurpose anything I can :+1::grin:

2 Likes

Fox farms likes to fall to the bottom, id try the MC

1 Like

Thanks @boardsbird it’s looking more likely I’ll try it. It looks much simpler and under my understanding it will take me through the whole grow for my NPK nutes

2 Likes

Good luck GJ! Excited for ya! :v::bear:

2 Likes

I’m really liking the mega crop thus far

4 Likes

Baby cheezz omg did i say i like cheezzzzz i did i did :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

my son just gave me some sour cheez bag seeds one may fall in to H2o soon

5 Likes

Be sure to tag me when it does. I bet I’ll like cheese too :green_heart:

2 Likes

Jewels thanks for the invite I’m enjoy your grow.

1 Like

What’s the ph of the well water ?
:v::sunglasses:

@peachfuzz Usually runs pH of 7.3

Not that bad… my ph is 14 +… :frowning_with_open_mouth::flushed::scream::angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
You should be pretty good…
My ppm is 2500 +… :frowning_with_open_mouth::flushed::scream::angry::angry::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Awesome, good luck with the hydro! I’m not much help there tho.

4 Likes

Looking good so far. I’ll be watching. Good luck with the grow.

2 Likes

Thanks for watching raustin :v: I always value your input. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck Jewels on your new grow…

1 Like