Super Skunk journal #1

Kinda thinking may have stunted the bud growth with the power nute load they got. No smell to speak of, No tricombs well…tiny tiny trics and not many, and there are certainly some puny buds in the back… (around day 30 flower now) stacking but small… :thinking: . Using the diy Terpinator recipe I read about but maybe I’m just being impatient? I have Crystal Burst left so maybe I’ll switch to that to try to get some aroma going the last 30 days, still a ways to go yet but first time it’s been like this at this stage, usually always bigger tricombs by now.
Here is the one that was at 4700ppm friday…

Water in 6.43ph 114ppm
So it’s getting better quickly… didn’t check the other 2 but the same for all I assume… that’ll put the 6400 girl at around 3500 or so around…:man_shrugging: guessing… but there going fine with 2 gallons each run thru pretty fast … should be back to giving nutes in a week or so… gota say I’m pretty darn happy with them so far! Have a good night all
Oh… don’t over nute your gals no matter how much the tips show no
nute burn… did a rookie move and tried to get to the tip burn and back off a bit… Never showed ANY burn at 6800ppm :man_shrugging::man_shrugging: no idea why but… hoping I didn’t kill my med yield! But well see soon enough!
Now I’m out…ZZzzzz

2 Likes

Ok… I showed my girl what I wrote last and she simply said I needed to go back and re read it… well … she was right… it all simply pointed to… FLUSH THEM NOW!!! (is what she said) sooooo… considering the time left … here is a reference pic before the major flush of 2 gals each of 2 1/2 tsp per gal, So if there dead in 3 days …I know why🤣

Ok… they all got 2 gallons each with 2 1/2 tsp sledgehammer, they set for an hour… and took 5 gallons of reg water with a ph of 7.5 each to get them all to within an acceptable range… the back left(FF nutes) is now at 1100 ppm/ 6.58ph
Back Rt(Jack’s 321) 1200ppm/6.43ph and the freestanding one In front now at 1158ppm/6.62ph… i did not feed them after all the stress of the flush as i was not easy on them… a pretty fast pour got them to fill up to the brim of the pot and when the soil loosened up it was obvious when they all started to drain thru easily after the first 2 gallons of clean water they ran thru the soil pretty quick compared to the first 3. So there done now and the wait begins… these last 45 day should be interesting if there still alive in 3 days! :joy: I have used sledgehammer once before but never like I did here… so if they do well I will use it more often… if they dont… it goes down the drain! :joy: :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Oh… the little clone was at 4200 so she got it too… now at 858ppm/6.43ph… now hopefully the tricombs will start to show better on all of them

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to flush today also. Getting some yellowing of the leaves at the top and working it’s way back. Don’t have a pic bcuz when I woke up this morning my lights were already out. Starting to get some trichs on the leaves but I wanna flush so that I can get my soil back to normal. That’s y I’m using jacks next grow. Not really a fan of fox farms nutes. Too much flushing

1 Like

What’s ur growing medium?

1 Like

I was hoping that it wouldn’t be necessary but couldn’t wait much longer for them to eat up the excess… I’ll tell ya though, I like Jack’s, and FF have had great results with FF, and now jacks… I usually don’t flush but the smell and tricombs have not happened yet sooo… make sure you use a scale to weigh you Jack’s componets… my issue started when I misplaced mine and decided to eyeball it and adjust with adding water to get the ppms correct… problem there is the amount of each was not correct… in turn they were eating but seemed slow now that the temp has gone down here a bit there staying wet longer and I noticed a real slowdown in the runoff ppms so had to flush them out… I will never mix jacks again without a scale!!:joy: good luck on your flush, just make sure you get all the flush out of the soil as it will help with issues a few days later… I’m hoping o dont ha e them as I read a few horror stories about sledgehammer, but so far been ok.

1 Like

I’m in a 7 gallon pot some I’m gonna flush with 2 gallons of water 2 and a half tsp of sledgehammer. I’m gonna wait about an hour and then flush out the rest with 5 gallons phd water to make sure all the salts are out and then I will give 5 ml of calmag my next watering no nutes

1 Like

Should I feed immediately after flushing?

1 Like

FFOF soil

Ff coco loco soil

Day 16 of flower

Some say to on the last gallon thru… but I believe that’s if you strip the soil to below optimum ppm… like below like 500ppm then feed them on the last gallon to get the ppm where you want them… I didnt feed them after because I left the soil at least 1000 ppm so hopeing it will be ok… my next feed will be matching what I left in the soil… so I kep checking the runoff untill the water ran out in the correct range… for me it was below 1300 but not below 800ppm… got to around 1000- 1200 for all left in… so my next feed will be at 1000ppm for them all… hope that helps! Your not using a lot of sledgehammer so keep an eye on your runoff after you use the sledge, for suds, when the suds are gone or at a real minimum, check the runoff ppm… if your below 500 feed them on your last gallon thru… it’s a PITA to do but ti is worth it to do! I checked every gallon thru and it seemd to only drop the ppm at a rate of around 200-300ppm per gallon depending on the amount of sledghammer used on the initial gallon. Hope this helps a little… I like to keep at a consistent 800 - 1200 ppm in flower, I depend on the burnt leaf tips to tell me when to back off bit it didnt happen this time so they got SLAMMED with nutes… good luck on the flush!

2 Likes

Thanks so what range of ppm should I be looking for.

So you let the sledgehammer sit for an hour before putting the other water through?

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I did, some wait a half hour then run some water thru… nice thing with the sledge hammer is … when I didn’t use it I had to run atleast 10 gallons thru one to get it down to a 1000 ppm with the sledge hammer I only needed 5… so that First gallon with the sledg took out at least half of what I needed to get out …still a hassle but lot less hassle…

1 Like

Looks like they liked the Sledgehammer flush…

3 days after flush…

The clone there is prolly gonna finish next week… for what little tiny trics there are, there getting milky
:point_up: still clawing down a bit. Hoping it’ll be better in a day or so

These pics were after 2 day with nothing …just drying out … I did give each one a gallon of plain 6.5ph water right after these pics. Tomorrow they get back on a VERY controlled 1000ppm Regimen only!!! Must say… there is a marked difference in smell when a Bud is squeezed/rubbed… the little fans on the one in front have now started to fill in the middle again… so did this work… I’m thinking so!! Well see if the tricombs start to pick up also!!!

3 Likes

These are all SS right?

1 Like

Yep, all Super Skunk this time!!
How’s your grow doing now? Gotta be getting up there now!

2 Likes

Yeah man I am in week 7 and they are really looking great!! Second two pics are SS. Next is tropical monkey (grape apeXpineapple kush). Its crazy the differentphenos, bc the first trop monkey is changing to purple and red and here is another one. Throwing out some monster colas. Been awhilesince I have seen them this big.

6 Likes

And here is my veg tent!! Looking like a jungle!!! The mainlined SS are looking great too. On 8 tops now, will top again in a few days for 16 tops!!! I am excited to see how the mainlines flower out. If the yields are worth it I will be doing that method instead of LST.

6 Likes

Wow! Absolutely Stunning!! Love it when they strut there stuff! Lol
That veg tent is gonna be Fun ! Everything looks great! Curious on the mainline results also. Tag me in your journal if you journal if you don’t mind, love to see the wizardry!

1 Like