Strawberry Cough Revised Hydro System

Root pic

1 Like

Awesome job! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

14 day update:
I had decided to leave the humidity domes on for a few more days. Went on a business trip and while i was gone my wife facetimed me from the room. She doesnt have a clue about growing but she was questioning whether the plants were looking right. The plants hit a growth spurt while i was gone and were crammed up underneath the domes :grimacing:. So she took them off and cranked up the humidifier for me.

I flushed the system yesterday and went to 50% nutrient strength.

They seem to be doing ok.

2 Likes

21 day update:

Girls are growing rapidly! I haven’t been in the grow room in 5 days and i can’t get over the difference between now and then!

Im definitely digging the new system.

5 Likes

nice setup and plants

1 Like

Excellent job! Just wait till the stretch. You’re gonna love it. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really satisfied so far with the results of this revised system. Only thing that I added since starting this grow was an additional circulation pump in the Reservoir for added agitation.

2 Likes

Got the scrog nets built today. Not pretty to look at but it’ll do

4 Likes

Looks fantastic! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

32 days and checking in!
Looks like I have 3 fast growers and 3 not so fast growers! All six look look healthy so far. I’ve done some light LST and just topped them today. I’ve been steadily removing the larger fan leaves for light penetration. Seems like I’m having to do that every other day. Last water change and system clean I started 100% strength nutes along with Si and hydroguard. I got a little rough with the LST and had to break out the masking tape for a couple of limbs :grimacing:. So far this week, they’ve drank enough water to lower the level an inch which translates out to be around 8 gallons.

3 Likes

Some additional pics:

3 Likes

Excellent they look awesome! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

41 days from seed.

Just flushed, cleaned and added fresh nutes for the week. Still have three that are out performing the other three. On the larger ones I’ve been steadily performing defoliation, tucking fan leaves and spreading them out. The smaller three got topped last week and some defoliation. It won’t be too much longer and the big sisters will have completely filled the scrog net.

2 Likes

Additional pics

2 Likes

50 Days from seed
1 day from 12/12 flip
The three big sisters have about wore me out when it comes defoliation and filling the scrog. I feel a little overwhelmed when trying to decide what stays and what goes. I went ahead and invested in a cloner and will try my hand in that category. Ive taken some trimmings from the best performer and got them going. :crossed_fingers:t2:on that!
Pics are halfway through a nip and tuck session. Stepped back for a minute to scratch my head and collect my thoughts.
Im kinda of relieved that three under performed. Im not sure if i could handle six of these beasts!:rofl:
Then to top it all off my pump decided to go on the fritz and the backup pump wouldnt work either. I had to go to HD and get a fill in until my new unit arrives. Its a transfer pump that i set up on a timer because its not meant to run long periods of time. I have it running long enough to cool the water and turnover the water between the res and buckets. Then to top it off i have to go on a business trip tomorrow and wont be back till Friday night.

4 Likes

@Graysin @HappyHydroGrower @PharmerBob @Joshmcginnis28 @KnUcKLzBcHuBBy

Do any of you have a timer on rdwc pump where it intermediately runs on a scheduled?
I had a pump malfunction and temporary bandaid is in place with a transfer pump running enough to circulate the water to drop the temp to 68. It slowly rises to around 72 before the pump engages again.
You think that will get me through to the weekend? I have the pump ordered and will arrive while I’m out of town on a business trip.

3 Likes

I had that on my first system. Now I just have a continuous flow, but I wouldn’t see why your transfer setup can’t get you through a couple or maybe even a few days. JUST MY OPINION, but don’t take my word for it. One of the experts should point you in the right direction. @HappyHydroGrower, @Graysin

1 Like

By the way, your girls are looking awesome!!!:sunglasses::v:t3::+1:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, three of them are super growers! So much that I decided to get in this cloning biz. I’m not sure im ready for that or not! :rofl:

1 Like

Negative. I run a continuous submersible pump. I just run with a backup on hand. I highly recommend the $20 Vivosun pump. It’s funky and green, but works outstanding. I’m still on the original pump with a backup in the wings after about 8 months.

4 Likes