Strawberries In The Grow Box

Haven’t been keeping this up as well as I should have. Feeling like crap ! My lady is finishing as far as I expected. Colas are looking great and smells awesome.

I am through flushing now. No more drinks for my lady. She is well hydrated and going into darkness in 24 hours. She is looking really nice and the buds are doing well. I was going to cut the stalk but my hands are huge and the space under the plant is very limited. She is only 14 inches high but has 10 really nice colas on it. Much more yield than I have had before. I would have let her veg more but time was a consideration. I believe my better control of pH led to a much better result on this grow.

I’m pretty happy with this grow. I had to hurry this grow to get it in before I have to travel in April. The bud I tested came out really nice and the quality of the product is good. I am definitely anxious to get my Gold Leaf started and am going to let her push the limit of my grow box. Just waiting for the seeds to arrive. I am going to mainline it as it is a 40/60 indica and should work well. I am going to try for 12 or more cola’s again. Might make a scrog out of it but I like the ability to take the plant out and run it into the bathroom and give it a good draining in the tub. Kind of cramped in the grow box. The next grow is going to get more veg time. I may take a clone and put it outside.

Ya’ll take care. Stay warm in the N.E. and stay safe. Jerry

3 Likes

I’d enjoy seeing the clone outside …

Me too but not really an option here. Neighbors are a Pain In the A&& and can’t keep their noses out of other people’s affairs !

1 Like

I guess shooting them isn’t an option. :pensive:

Doing a low screen out of their line of sight wouldn’t work? Not trying to push, just trying to think of options.

You know I love the Sun…

1 Like

I would LOVE to let one of these grow to full size and yield.

Have Locked and Loaded on some neighbors many times in my head. LOL I have a good screen for line of sight, trouble is any smell coming from my back yard draws attention. They complained about the manure smell when I augmented my soil last year, and it only smelled for about one day !

I wanna go back to my part of New York State, where people mind their own business and did not live 45 feet away from your house. HATE THE CITY ! ! !

2 Likes

I feel you on the city!

I used to think the differences was North and South. I’ve learned that the difference is actually city and country.

I’m sure there are other finer details that make up the differing attitudes, but I believe the main thing is urban vs rural.

I prefer it out here near the forests and swamps…

4 Likes

You know it brother ! Want to be able to have my plants outdoors and no one will mess with it. It is definitely Urban vs Rural. Thank God I’m a country boy !

4 Likes

@FloridaSon you nailed that one, brother!

1 Like

@Niala Just wanted to ask you about the light that was on another post.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EATOVIS?m=A26I3HLV1WKXWW&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page&th=1/?tag=greenrel-20

I have a 2x4x5 Tent grow space. Could I use the above light with another 300 watt LED in that tent. I have two 4" fans so am not worried about ventilation.
Thanks for your time. Jerry

1 Like

Yes, for sure, you’ll be able to exploit all the surface area of your tent with the 2 lights , my friend :grinning: :+1: :ok_hand:

It will be perfect to help you to do a SCROG setting…

Hoping that’s respond to your question @TxGrowman, if you have more questions, do not hesitate, sir :grinning:

~Al :innocent: :v:

1 Like

Appreciate your input brother ! That is what I wanted exactly. I know that intensity is good but I wasn’t sure if that much light in a small area might not be hard to control as far as burning plants.

I plan to mainline two Gold Leaf in the tent. It is a 60/40 indica that supposedly gives well to mainlining. I figure that I could about fill the tent with them. I am allowing this grow to go long, veg 2 months, 10-13 weeks in flower. Should give a good yield. Hope to get 32 colas from the mainline (16 each plant). That will take a while but this grow vegged perfectly in a very short time. I couldn’t believe how much yield I got from a short veg period this time.

Want to use both lights for it. Gonna use my grow box as a dryer ! Want to get part of harvest with 10-20 percent amber for daytime; part 25-50 percent amber; the rest almost all amber trichomes for my sleep and heavy pain.

May try to make some into capsules for travel and so I don’t have to smoke so much. I believe @Willd had a post about doing it. This grow will be strictly for the medicine.

Again thanks. Jerry

5 Likes

Are you talking about the oil? That is concentrated I believe it’s like a few medical grade bong hits at once basically from the reading glasses I’ve done. It sounds promising haha
:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Well, my lady went into darkness today! 48 hours and counting before I start to cut her up and dry it.

Took the grow light out and put it into the box for protection. Making a dryer rack to hang in the grow box so the house maintains no smell. The temp it the closet is about 72 degrees. Humidity was ~ 50% last night. Will go down in the box when all the water is evaporated. Would like to keep the humidity at about 45 %. Should be a good place to dry.

Got a bunch of mason jars that have good tops on them to age (cure) the buds. Starting research on making pills to travel with. Got the jel caps all ready.

This grow is actually ending in a planned fashion. Always had something happen at harvest on most other grows. Can’t wait for the dryer to do its thing.

My next planned grow will be all for medicine. Getting excited that I can put my tent back up and mainline a couple plants. Ya’ll take care and stay warm our northern growers. Jerry

3 Likes

Yes the oil and maybe some ground flowers. Gonna have to investigate it today or tomorrow. The Gold Leaf has high CBD and THC both. Should be perfect for medicine. Gonna play with the trichomes and get good meds.

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been eyeing it for a couple months haha

2 Likes

I think this is the post Jerry is referring to or reeferring to.

3 Likes

here’s my Gold Leaf chronicle since 2/11/17
(site)
I was just looking at my pics from 2015 again and it seems like these ILGM babies are already bigger in March 2017 than what I put in the ground in May 2015! They’re going to be amazons!

2 Likes

Thanks @Willd That is exactly the one I was speaking of. I have it bookmarked but have not had time to look at it. Got Grandpa duty today, watching a 5 & 3 year old boy. Making it hard to concentrate on this. Guess I will close this up unless I can get them to take a nap. Good Luck on That !

Gonna look at your Gold Leaf journal. I am going to try a challenging grow, two gold leaf mainlined in a 2x4x5 tent.

1 Like

lol…sorry for laughing, I had it yesterday…

I’d say try reading to them, but from personal experience, grandpa would be the first asleep.

cartoons work too, for grandpa’s sleep!

good luck :relaxed:

3 Likes

You got it on the nose brother. they have me burned out already and it is only going on one ! Gonna be a long two days of watching for Grandpa. The boys are having a blast !

On Saturday, I start the drying of my grow.

3 Likes