Strawberries In The Grow Box

Flowering Day 32
Opened the box today and she is looking MUCH better today. The Ca/Mg seems to be doing the trick. Hope I cna get her back on track now. Want to finish her by the end of the month as I have to go to AZ and Colorado for Easter and to visit my new granddaughter !

Pot is heavy so no worry about watering today. Most likely tomorrow. A friend is going to send me two Gold Leaf seeds and I am going to mainline one of them in my grow box. Gonna be a tight fit but challenges are what makes life interesting ! Gonna get my soil and Fixins to start her out! Ya’ll have a great day ! jerry

2 Likes

Flowering Day 33
Using water really fast now. The pot was light this AM so I fed and trimmed some lower leaves that are not getting any light. I tried LST to the max and cannot get any light in there. The main buds are coming back from my Ca/Mg problem and growing well.

The undergrowth on the main canopy has really started to fill out. Think I may be in the 3 week area for harvest. The buds are really bulking fast and smell wonderful. I got some trichs on my hand when I trimmed and wow are they strong. Didn’t want to wash my hand. The pistils are changing color and the trichomes are showing up all over. Think I will be smoking in less than 45 days. Jerry

PS: I got sick of my pH meter having to be calibrated every time I used it so I spent some extra and got a good one. I got an Apera pH 20. Works great and is easy to use. It checks against my other one and my neighbor’s.

5 Likes

Am pretty happy with this grow so far. I only messed up once and that was really something I should have caught. Will not stop the Ca/Mg in the middle from now on. It showed a minor Ca deficiency in veg and I was using Ca/Mg but stopped because it looked better. It came back overnight when I started flowering and I was busy for the day it was developing and missed it until it was out of control. Lesson learned.

Can’t wait to start my gold leaf if the seeds are here when I come back from AZ and Colorado. Then I have no planned trips until Sept so I can grow cannabis indoors and tomatoes outside. Think I may order some AK-47 Auto and try growing it outside. I grow so much stuff outdoors, I think I can hide it. Gonna try it and see what happens. Have not grown outside in 40+ years ! Looking for a spider flower that is supposed to look like cannabis and use it for cammo. Or put it in the middle of a bunch of Okra plants. Will see when I get there.

1 Like

Flowering Day 34
Buds are getting fatter and the Ca/Mg mess-up is going away. Fed yesterday and the way it feels, I may have to water again tomorrow ! That’s a good thing, a thirsty plant is a happy growing plant. That wonderful cannabis smell jumped out at me today when I opened the grow box door. Love it !

Lower buds are starting to really kick into gear and I have seen noticeable difference in teh last three days in their appearance. Ya’ll have a great day !

1 Like

They are very “water hungry” at that age and man, we have same date of flowering (+/- 2 days), so, I understand you perfectly, and the smell , arrrggghh :tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (mouth watering​:wink:)

2 Likes

All Right ! Just got an e-mail from ILGM and my 20 California Dream fem seeds are in the mail. Can’t wait to get one or two of them in the soil. Think I am going to break out my 2x4x5 tent (despite my wife’s complaints) and mainline them. In that size tent, I could likely get two in there and fill the tent. It is a tall, high yield indica and sounds like it is just made for mainlining ! PSYCHED ! !

1 Like

Well, I think I found the actual name for that spider flower plant…

I’m going to sow some this weekend…

3 Likes

Awesome ! Thanks for the info.

1 Like

@latewood Is there a way I can contact you privately to discuss something concerning the forum site ?

Didn’t get a chance to do much today. She is still growing and does not need water today. Fed her yesterday Going to look close at her tomorrow. Buds are starting to swell and pistils are changing colors.

Got to get out the looking glass. Want to give her a good “Physical” tomorrow. Believe she is getting close but want to take a look at the trichomes tomorrow. Was looking at the USB hookup and may order it. The old eyes are not quite as sharp as they used to be. Have one bud that I want to submit if it is in time.

Ya’ll take care. Jerry

1 Like

Flowering Day 37
OK back to work now that my grand daughter is born !

I looked at the plant this AM and growth has not slowed down. The buds are really working hard to get bigger. Picked her up this AM and surprised that she does really not need water today but I am going to go ahead and give it water today with no food and then feed tomorrow. Have been feeding her every two to three days and is usually ready by today for food/water. Love these fabric bags, you get great drainage and is almost impossible to drown the plants in it.

Tested my old pH meter against the new one and there is a world of difference. The new one goes right to the number and stays there. Ran controls on it and they were right on with no adjustment. No wonder I was having problems with pH before!

Committed the ultimate sin, LST on an older plant and one of the smaller (and more undeveloped) buds just snapped off completely. Rookie mistake ! I just thought it would take the extra torque to get it into a place where it would get more light. Not having space to clone it, I decided to dry it and get a taste of things to come. I know it will not come out as good as the final product but NOT going to throw it away! I don’t think it was going to do very well anyway. I still have 11 more buds left on a plant that is only 12 inches tall. I tried to keep her short and it worked well. She may only be 12 " tall but the canopy is filling up my 18" X 16" grow space completely and then some.

My confidence in keeping plants short in the Grow Box has increased on this grow. My last grow I kept a SSH down to 16 inches in the box. I have many tricks that I use that I have picked up on my grows. I plan to share a few things I do after the grow. A couple techniques I use are not conventional but sure seem to work for me. I think that is what this site is about, guidance on the major issues and let you develop your own style of growing. They are your plants after all.

Ya’ll take care. Jerry

7 Likes

Flowering Day 39

Flowers have pistils all sitting against the bud and color changed. Buds are filling out and overall I think I am done with the hard stuff. I knew a smaller bud size was a going to happen because I had a very short veg period by design. I had travel plans to visit my granddaughter before the grow started.

I am starting final flush tomorrow. Flush daily for 7 days and then harvest.

Ya’ll take care. Jerry

2 Likes

Woohoo brother, just gets better grandchildren and good smoke. Congrats again brother, holler if you need anythin

I am planning on an every day 1- 2 gal flush of 6.5 pH water. What were we talking about on the grow bag discussion, the advantage of not being able to drown you plants as easily. That should clean her out well. Then I am going to sit her in the dark for two days before harvest. Going to hang it in my grow box for drying. I can keep the temp about 75 and RH about 45%. Will cure with Boveda 62% packs in my air tight humidor.

I am still deciding if I want to split the stalk. That is the last several days of grow i think. I would really hate to screw it up this late in the grow. Have to study it again tonight.

1 Like

Yeah I believe 3 days to a week out from harvest.

1 Like

Out of likes haha
:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

That close to harvest, there’s really nothing to mess up.

My hesitation with it isn’t concern over hurting the plant, I’m going to kill her in a few days anyway.

My hesitation involves that little s#!t Murphy! My luck would have me bandaging my wounds as well as her! :rage:

Hanging drywall for so long, I’m comfortable with sharp blades. Skinning a kill isn’t a problem. Piercing a stalk? I may need to get a mesh glove!! LMAO

3 Likes

No likes haha
:+1::+1::+1:

I had the same vision go through my head of me slicing half my hand up !

2 Likes

It’s been my only hesitation with doing it since I read Robert’s email.

1 Like