Spudgunner's Clone Grow

Also do you scrape the bottoms of your stem? Bc I just cut at a 45 angle and dipped into CloneX then my Rockwool cube and snipped the leaves.

1 Like

Sometimes! Depends on my mood and how much time I have, and if I think about it when the time comes! Like today, I’m thinking of taking some cuttings. Still haven’t decided whether I’m going to drop them in a jar of lightly nuted water or put them straight in ProMix. Motivation sucks today, ache in neck and shoulders, don’t feel like doing much at all.

I did wipe down the tent twice yesterday, once with h2o2 and again with ammonia. Light, fans, walls, floor, gave it a good scrubbing. Then hung some additional fans. I just reset my spare timers so that they will go on at 4am, off at 10pm. Will plug them in (swap out the one downstairs) after 10pm tonight. I will bring up the 4 Death Bubbas and 1 Dutch Treat from the cellar and put them in the tent, after giving them an ammonia/water spray and rub down.

I think I just talked myself out of cloning today…probably be better tomorrow after they’ve been sprayed and let dry. Then tomorrow I can take them and also start bending the ladies outwards. Easier to train when you’ve just taken cuttings, you know where you can train them to, what space is available to fill. And in a week or so, I’ll flip them to 12/12.

Talk about a lazy day! Almost too lazy to go smoke one! Almost.

3 Likes

Interesting the subject of the 45 cut on the clones someone mentioned its not necessary they did it so the stalk wouldnt lay flat on the bottom of the vessel. I that it was interesting and made sense lol

1 Like

Or it increases the surface area at the cut site. Personally, I don’t do it, just grab and snip! Mine are suspended so it doesn’t rest on the bottom of the jar. Maybe I’ll try it tomorrow when take them. Plan on taking 10, hoping for 7 survivors.

2 Likes

I heard it increases the surface area I just did what I’d heard. See I pushed my stems all the way to the bottom of my Rockwool and I’m realizing now I probably should’ve left some room huh. The roots can come out of any part of the stem though right?

2 Likes

@Spudgunner Thanks for that explanation. I have seen many clones taken lately that have had the tips cut off, now I know why. I never did it that way. We didn’t know about that back when I was taking cuttings. It was so long ago that we didn’t even know about clones; they were cuttings. LOL
Now that I’m setting up a second grow area I will be able to take cuttings again. I wonder if my Rootone F is still good.

1 Like

@Spudgunner geat job growmie, they look awesome, question i did a bud wash on my last grow, if growing indoors in a sealed room in a tent is the wash a necessity? I felt some kinda way dunking them in the water last grow…lmao

1 Like

I dont bud wash unless I had to spray for bugs or mold. @robert365

2 Likes

Exactly right! If nothing got to them, no need. Outside, you don’t know what’s been crawling thru them, so always a good idea to wash them.

3 Likes

@GreggT @Spudgunner hopefully i wont encounter anything like that

My little clone dome seems to be coming around I was giving them to much light they liky now.

5 Likes

@Bunger64 What is that on top making mist,lookin good

2 Likes

I found a couple of humidifiers that go in soda bottles works great

I have my seedling heat pad under the tub

3 Likes

I have seen some interesting things with my tric camera

@Bunger64 Thats a great idea ill have to see if i can find those

2 Likes

JISULIFE Mini Portable Humidifier, Small USB Personal Humidifiers with Ultra Quiet, Container Diversity, Auto Shut Off, Tiny Travel Easy Use Humidifier for Plants, Car, Office, Hotel - White Amazon.com

2 Likes

@Bunger64 Kool, thanks i appreciate it

1 Like

So last nite I spent several hours in trim jail. Not quite dry, but some of the smaller buds are, larger ones still needed a day or so more.
Three trays of Death Bubba bud! Very happy about that, looks and smells terrific!

On the left is a tray of Dutch Treat. I saved the trim in the right tray, figure I’ll make some butter out of it, there’s like an ounce of it.

So today was cloning and bondage day! Starting with the clones. Mixed up some ProMix with a third dose of nute water and filled a dozen 3" pots, half square for the Dutch Treat and half round for the Death Bubbas. Poked a hole in the center and sprinkled in some Clonex. Cut, dipped the stems in water, then in Clonex, then into the hole. press and done! I also took a couple extra Death Bubba cuttings and put in a jar. Just in case…I get greedy? None of these clones will be for me, only 7 are spoken for.

Here they are, basking under the dome!

And the dome is by the cellar dwellers! Nice compact little area, only 1 outlet so I gotta keep things close!

So all these clones came from somewhere! Let’s start with the Dutch Treat, only because I realized by then that I should take a BEFORE shot! Dumbass had already taken al the clones from the plants in the tent by this point, this was a pure slash and bind session.

So here’s the Dutch Treat before. They’re about 16" tall, lots of branches at lower levels.

Lots of snipping and spreading and wire later…

Side view

Top view! Really cleaned out a ton of lower interior crap branches.

Now upstairs to the tent ladies…sorry for lack of before pics, go back to transplant post and add 4 inches!

So all 5 of these were supercropped. Never done it before, but when there’s like 12 nodes and you haven’t topped them, try something new!

Top view

Canopy view

I’ll let them recover for a week, then I’ll flip both sets. Need the areas empty so I can fill’em up again! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

The joys or labors of continous growing.
I love it.

1 Like

Well, the harvest is in! Pretty happy with the yield, and the quality! Nice and sticky buds with a beautiful aroma! Burp heaven for the next week or so!

This is the Dutch Treat, 72.5 grams, or 2-1/2 oz. I probably could have left an additional half dozen or so branches on this one, but still happy to get this much from her. She has 5 daughters still that will get flipped next week, and those will be a bit bigger, let’s hope for a pound from them!

The 4 Death Bubba plants are almost dry, will jar them today but leave lids off, but one full bowl of 349 grams and a smaller bowl of 163 grams adds up to 512 grams! That’s 18 ounces!

And then I also have 46.5 grams of small leaves/sugar leaves trimmings. I have a small jar from last harvest, probably a small ounce, that I will use for butter and cookies or something. I’ll make that later.

I definitely need to find some storage options for all my jars. I currently keep it all under the bed in my office, but I’m running out of room there! Think I still have 25 jars curing, currently smoke Oct 20th harvest, and then I have the big harvest from Oct 27th to start sampling from! This pound will fill another 20 jars, and I can let it cure for 6 months if needed.

Sure wish some of you growmies lived closer, I have way more than I need, and will probably get another pound and a half in 3 months’ time from the 5 tent and 4 cellar ladies!

And next month I’ll start the autos for the outdoor grow, a Medgom high CBD, a Pennywise, and 2 Bear Dance. Maybe some of my Bruce Banner seeds for indoor as well just to see if they are autos or not! And I still have the 12 clones in dirt and 3 cuttings in water of which only 7 are spoken for. And you know I can’t kill the leftovers!

Yes, I have a drug problem. Bet you’re jealous!

8 Likes