Spudgunner's Clone Grow

Thanks @noddykitty1 that’s the back left Death Bubba. Pretty much all of the DB’s are like that, she just presented herself better. Altho you can see some of the dead WPM on her from where she was sprayed, makes her look like a curvaceous girl with zits! Oh well, I’m after her inner beauty anyways!

2 Likes

I know you settled on the h202 these days. I have been playing around with stronger mixes of ammonia in operation slug sting. I have/had (hitting some non canna fruit trees and cane berries) been hitting plants too with double and triple strength doses. I usually suggest 1-2 oz ammonia per 1000ml spray bottle. 4-6 oz seem to not hurt the plants at all. I think stronger side works better on the PM than just 1oz. Maybe give it a try again.? It’s a toss up which is cheaper. The h202 or the NH3+. Or try a rotation if the h202 isn’t quite nipping it in the bud. Maybe I am seeing things I want to see, but I swear when I get PM damage the N foliar feed on the leaves seems help them heal up.

As you know just talking my friend. I would never assert what to do on your grow…

2 Likes

Yeah, I might do an ammonia blast on them next time. The diluted milk worked for a while but left a bit of a residue, wasn’t worried about ugly as I knew most of those leaves would get plucked before she was done. I have lots of all 3, milk, h2o2 and ammonia, I should probably save the h2o2 for that bud wash in 6 or 7 weeks! Altho 8 bottles for $10 at Costco is cheap enough to go buy more if needed!

If it really bothered me, I’d be blasting them every 2 or 3 days rather than every couple weeks! They soldier on, doesn’t really seem to affect them, at least not yet. Pretty forgiving strain, that Death Bubba. The Dutch Treat was even thicker in the middle with branches, no airflow, but she didn’t seem to get it anywhere near as bad (not that this is really bad, more annoying!).

3 Likes

@noddykitty1 and @Spudgunner thanks for the re-veg experiment contributions. Ladies looking better, in spite of my over correction of too low PH. now we are high, believe me. Dialed lights for LUX meter in the 40-50K range.

With Disney in June, these got to go hang by May, or give up their flowers to me.
top flowers map, most are lower.
Trying coco

and some garden soil. Pro-mix

All else fails, I know how to grow tomatoes, too.

6 Likes

Love the smell of ammonia first thing in the morning! NOT!

Spent about 45 minutes in there before lights out. Pulled all 5 out, sprayed the sides of the tent, wiped the floor, then started stripping leaves off and spraying them. Was on the last one (Basil, front right), when the light went out. Finished spraying and zipped her up! Can’t wait until 9 tonight to see how they look…a lot thinner, that’ll be for sure! Also turned up my exhaust fan, try and get the humidity down in there. Winter grows here suck for that!

Had to quickly join a 9am Teams meeting with my old gov’t buddies…one of my former underlings has had an issue with senior management and said “F*ck it”, today is his last day. Just before his 50th birthday when his pension gets locked in, he walks away from a $90k job with benefits! So we had a (friends only, no management) video call wishing him the best!

3 Likes

Hey , I was at NAS Miramar in the 80ts
VF 51 / the KittyHawk ,did 11 wests packs and those beer vending machines were a lifesaver :rofl::rofl::sunglasses:

1 Like

Cold and more moisture, I got to remember to water less.
Habitual over-watering habits.
PH pens all got new batteries and work faster and maybe read better.
Another storm passing thru tonight.
Keep warm and dry.

1 Like

Yep, definitely moist up here! Hate the 80% humidity levels. Had to go in again this morning just before lights out at 9am (so 15 minutes ago) and give another blast of ammonia water on a few leaves that still show WPM on them. But overall, looking a lot better. Maybe another blast in a couple of mornings to finish it off.

I think now is the time I need to get some sticks or wire and spread my branches apart a bit, like spreading apple tree limbs to get more light into the middle. Overall looking good tho! After the heavy defol yesterday, they fit in there a lot better!

Pics to follow after they look better in a day or 2!

1 Like

WPM is on the retreat! Gave another shot, hoping it’s my last. Probably not, but there is a lot more airflow thru the plants with the trimming I’ve been doing, and some redirection of the fans. I can get in there much better with the sprayer, and then rub my hands up the stalks to get the undersides of the leaves.

Tonight when I feed them I’ll take some pics. And probably give the cellar dwellers a spray just before midnight (lights on from 6am to midnight down there).

4 Likes

That sounded kind of kinky Stalks Rubbing Cellar Dwellers. :flushed:

1 Like

I should start some LST on them…then it will sound really bad when I say I’ve got 9 gorgeous young girls bound in my cellar! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I really look forward to what I come across my biggest problem for most is my mind goes place with a small hint. Lol. But reality most everyone is like that just haven’t come out of the closet yet :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

Man, this shit is hard to kill! @noddykitty1 I gave them at least 2 blasts of ammonia in the last week, and today I sprayed again with hydrogen peroxide. Gave them a good soaking and removed a bunch of lower leaves, and some big fans that always seem to rub other branches.
So they haven’t been photogenic, apologies for that, but hoping tonite they look better. They are fattening up and getting a bit of frost on them. Hoping for another 3 or 4 weeks. If they go that long, they could be my nicest buds yet! Will definitely be a wet trim and a 3-part bud wash on these ladies!

1 Like

@Spudgunner Is WPM white powder mildew? We had that on our zuchini last year. The good news was that it only affected the older leaves and not the fruit. The bad news is I like to amend my soil with the garden soil, but now I’m concerned. I had a grow this winter and no problems. I hope you clear up your problem. I really want to see those DB & Dutch Treat buds, man!

@Darodguy Yep, damn stuff! I’ve blasted them a few times in the last week, doesn’t look as bad now as it did, but I’ll blast them again one morning when I’m up in time :rofl: It’s not really affecting the plants, just ugly! Where it’s died there are discolourations on the leaves, but no wilting or clawing. Buds look good! I’ll take my phone out when I go for a puff later tonight for some pics.

2 Likes

Remembered to take my phone out last nite! Finally have a few pics of my ladies, grown up a little since last showing, that’s for sure!

This is the back left Death Bubba, getting plump and sticky! Ugly leaves with the dead wpm spots on them, but it’s in retreat. Another blast tomorrow morning before wife goes to work, slept in the last 2 days so have missed lights out! What can I say…retirement!

So this is Basil. Looking at the pics, I put her back in the wrong spot last spray! She is supposed to be front right, not front left. But wherever she sits, she sits pretty!

Back right DB is also looking good and tasty.

@Darodguy here is the Dutch Treat. The WPM didn’t bother her as much, even tho she had less airflow under her skirt. Smaller buds than the DB’s but she seemed about a week behind after the flip.

Here’s the one that used to be front left but traded places with Basil.

And here we are, one big happy tent!

So these were flipped 6 weeks ago, so hoping 4 more weeks of fattening and ripening. My last DB run were flipped Oct 1 with a Xmas day chop, so 12 weeks. If these last until early April, they will be monsters! But I think these are going a bit faster under this new light, so only time will tell! It’s that damn PATIENCE thing again!

5 Likes

Looks good @Spudgunner

Thanks @GreggT it’s looking better without all the splotchy mold marks on them! I need them out of there soon tho as I have the cellar dwellers that need to go in there to flower as well! Keeping those in 1 gallon pots so they are small, but April will be good time to start some auto seeds for outside down there, then put them outside in May to grow and flower over the summer.

4 Likes

Sounds good!! I dont grow outside. Too much out of my control.

1 Like

True, but I just love growing weed, and there’s only so much room inside to grow!

Last year was exceptional for me…took too many clones and couldn’t give them away (only 4 to one of my neighbours). So I grew them all! Had 4 plants outside, 2 autos and 2 clones which I didn’t think would finish, but weather stayed dry until end of October! Usually rains happen in September up near Vancouver, so outside photos only if under cover. We are allowed 4 plants, so this year it will be 4 autos outside, and what’s inside doesn’t count.

When we became legal in fall of 2019, the next year I put some on my patio. Guess which apartment was mine!

We no longer live there, bought a house!

8 Likes